He's pretty close to "invulnerable" but i don't know about immortal

#4 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

well under the powers in wiki it says he is immortal so i'm making sure

#5 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderman's just there. lol

#6 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

well immortal as in he can never die of old age or disease then yeah he is

#7 Posted by RavenStar (139 posts) - - Show Bio

As a dc fan I am outraged, #Wonder Man# is just the Marvel Male equivelent of dc's Wonder Woman!!!!

#8 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

well he did survive the invasion of Martian Master and the Badoon who whipped all heroes of that timeline so I say he is freaking hard to kill

#9 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think cause there's a difference between immortal and eternal, he's gonna die probably not by old age but he can, such as getting blown up by a celestial (i know its big) but he can still die

#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'd say he no longer ages, is incredibly resilient and in the right circumstances can reassemble himself because he's essentially energy. But there is chance that he can be blown apart and not be able to reassemble himself. But I'd still call that immortal because its essentially the same thing for Olympians who are considered immortal.

#11 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenStar:
How? He is nothinh like her the only thing they have in common is black hair and wonder in thier name
#12 Posted by seekquaze (606 posts) - - Show Bio

He is immortal.  Generally that term means very hard to kill and won't die under normal circumstances.   Even if he still ages his lifespan is so long that many beings would consider him immortal.

#13 Posted by dangerman1916 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

No way in hell is he comparable in strength to thor

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been stated that as pure ionic energy he no longer ages and the 31st century character 'Hoolywood' (whom appears in the 'Guardians of the Galaxy" comic from the 90's) is actually Wonder Man who has lived from our time straight through into that time.  

Based on this, I say yes; he is immortal.
#15 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

In addition to what PowerHerc mentioned, I think in Wondy's own comic in the 90's, it was revealed that Simon is indeed immortal due to his ionic energy.  I also thought the Avengers' scientists also found that out at one point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.