How powerful is Wonder man?

#1 Posted by Kuzman123 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he is on Thors level.

#2 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

no where near thor

#3 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

No a no holds Thor even without his hammer would be to Much for Wonder man. Adding Mjolnir is just overkill. However Wonder Man is pretty damn Powerful. He's Ridiculosly storng and incredibly Durable He's probably in atleast the millions of tons range. He also can Fly damn fast and has an ionic energy form and ionic energy projection. He's one of the stronger Heroes on Earth. Somewhere above Namor and Ironman.but below Hulk, Sentry, Thor, Hercules. ANother character with probably roughly equivelent strength is Black Bolt.

#4 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
He is able to lift over 100 tons, but i don't think he is on Thor's level.
#5 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

Power level might be over 9000.
BB

#6 Posted by Kuzman123 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thor's hammmer said:

No a no holds Thor even without his hammer would be to Much for Wonder man. Adding Mjolnir is just overkill. However Wonder Man is pretty damn Powerful. He's Ridiculosly storng and incredibly Durable He's probably in atleast the millions of tons range. He also can Fly damn fast and has an ionic energy form and ionic energy projection. He's one of the stronger Heroes on Earth. Somewhere above Namor and Ironman.but below Hulk, Sentry, Thor, Hercules. ANother character with probably roughly equivelent strength is Black Bolt.

I think that Thor without the hammer would lose because Wonder man can hit him from a distance with ionic energy.

#7 Edited by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Dude, its easily over 18500 man. WTF you smoke this time?

:P

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor pretty much owns anyone who isn't the Hulk or Silver Surfer.  It's a bad comparison. 

It'd be like asking "How powerful is the Green Lantern?" and someone saying, "Superman(Pre-crisis) would wreck him," No duh.

#9 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kuzman123 said:

@Thor's hammmer said:

I think that Thor without the hammer would lose because Wonder man can hit him from a distance with ionic energy.

Thor can shoot lightning out of his Hands. whuch can hurt skyfather level god's and one shot heralds. Wonder man literally has no advantages over Thor.
#10 Posted by Paracelsus (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man IS enormously strong(not to mention practically immortal due to the ionic energy that powers him, he no longer physically ages), but I think it would be stretching a point to claim that his strength exceeds that of the Asgardian Avenger.

Terry

#11 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

strong,but not where near as strong as superman.

#12 Posted by hughec28 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Was he not mentioned as being on sentry level strength?

#13 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Well maybe Ionic Wonder-Man.

#14 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

When female Ultron appeared Ms. Marvel ordered Sentry to go in for closer look, Wonder Man questioned why he was not sent as he was "as strong as him." (physical strength I assume)

#15 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Thor and Wonder Man did the fist flying tango more than once. Even though Wonder Man proved to stand toe-to-toe with Thor, our beloved Asgardian successfully put Wonder Man down for the count in a fair fight. But I can say that Wonder Man does have the same strength class as Thor does, but not enough skill and possibly not having the same equal power as Thor does. Hell Thor managed to put him down with a throw of his hammer that gave one hell of charge blast.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

well at least it wasn't an arrow to the knee joke

#17 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

well at least it wasn't an arrow to the knee joke

He's powerful enough to take an arrow to the knee.
BB

#18 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this post is kind of old but have his powers been increased because I just saw a picture of him choking out Rulk with little effort and I know Rulk isn't the strongest there is but he is pretty strong and I think that moves WM up a few notches

#19 Posted by Wonderman1 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that Wonder Man was created to defeat the entire Avengers team on his own and nearly did so. Since then his strength has increased twice. He was the only one to knock down Korvac. Wonder Man has almost never let himself go full bore as his greatest weakness has ever been fear of himself. Could Wonder Man beat Thor? Power levels suggest possibly but their mental make- up would prevent it. All f the Marvel lore on the subject definitely put him on the top tier power level with Thor and Hulk and above Thing and Namor.

#20 Posted by terence1981 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

In Avengers: Children's Crusade #3, Captain America describes Wonder Man as having "Sentry-level" strength. Thus he is at least as powerful as Thor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.