Follow

Wonder Girl

Character » Wonder Girl appears in 1335 issues.

Cassandra Sandsmark was originally the daughter of Olympian God Zeus and Dr. Helena Sandsmark. She became the second Wonder Girl in an attempt to save Wonder Woman's life. Cassie continues adventuring as a member of the Teen Titans. Her New 52 incarnation is the daughter of Wonder Woman's half-brother Lennox, and derives her powers from an ancient armor named the 'Silent Armor' related to the demon Trigon.

What's Wondergirl's problem?

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sinestro2828

"After Wonder Girl told Supergirl that the only reason they were friends was because she was her only remaining link to Connor, Supergirl also quit the team."     

So whats Wondergirl's deal?  I honestly don't like Cassie all that much (no offense to those who do), but she really annoys me with some of her behavior. 

She apparently flat out told supergirl that the only reason they are friends is because she was her last living link to her (at the time) dead boyfriend Superboy, which drove Supergirl away from the teen titans.  Now, did Cassie really mean what she said or was she just pissed off about something and got carried away?  Cuz thats a REALLY cruel and messed up thing to tell someone, especially to a girl like Kara who's still adjusting to life on earth. 

Also, Superboy is finally back and yet Wondie is apparently giving him the cold shoulder instead of getting back together with him (and this is the same girl who once joined a Superboy resurrection cult...really creepy). 

Oh, and she gives Rose Wilson, AKA Ravager, more crap than she does Bombshell, who willingly betrayed the titans and tried to frame Rose and then was allowed back on >_<

So can anyone here explain the circumstances and reasoning behind her attitude and actions?  Particulary what went down between her and Supergirl?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By justice teen

No she didnt mean wut she said to Kara she was just having a hard time. IDK why she being a bitch to conner, but i sure theirs a logical reason for it, and in general Cassie just have your everyday teenage problema and that mix with her super hero problems.
    Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sinestro2828
    @justice teen: 

That makes sense, thanks for the info :D

Have Supergirl and Wonder Girl spoken since or are they still at odds with eachother?
    justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By justice teen
    @Sinestro2828:
    yes their BFFS
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primmaster64

No one Superboy is getting a new girlfriend.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By lorex

My impression of the situation is she had a minor teenage meltdown when she compared Kara to Conner. Also she still loves Conner but doesn't know how to act around him at the moment. When Conner died she was not in a position of authority within the Teen Titans,
    and during the time he has been gone she has made some personal growth. She mourned his loss and began to move on, and has become more of a leader with the TT. She is caught between her feelings for Conner and her duty and responsibility and she is finding 
    she does not know how to proceed. She has changed and she is probably wondering if he is still the same.

SuperboyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperboyRob

Im wondering if Superboy is getting a new girlfriend, if u look at the upcoming Teen Titans covers it seems to me Beast Boy might be leading. Meaning Wonder Girl might have realized that she is a little off and decided to straighten things out. So she might have dropped leadership to work things out with Superboy after he kisses who ever.

Jade1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jade1977

Cassie has her problems, but I have to say I like her way better than Donna Troy. It's hard to put my finger on it, but something about Donna Troy really annoys me. It seems to me that half the time she' written as some kind of Purity Sue, and the other half she comes across as a bitch in sheep's clothing. Also, there's her tendency to die and come back to life a la Jean Grey. At least Cassie is written like a real person.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF

I would like to see them get back together
    digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By digimod

I dislike the writing in Teen Titans more than I dislike the characters.  The Teen Titans have always been one of my favorite teams ... in theory ... but in recent years I have had a hard time reading poorly written (IMO) teen drama - and Wonder Girl is a victim of this.  I don't know why but I keep on buying the series,  I guess I just keep hoping.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By htb106

I'm not sure if this was soon after Conner's death because if it was she was probably mourning and people do tend to say things they don't want to when they've lost a loved one. it's a simple fact of human life.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.