Thoughts on the "new" Cass?

#1 Edited by RogueOracle (254 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't about her feats, just about her overall character. I want to know what everyone else thinks about her because I'm really enjoying this new Cass.

She's more aggressive, brash and uncooperative. She's reluctant to join the Titans and seems to be keeping some secrets. I, for one, am loving the change in Cassie, because pre-reboot Cassie kind of depressed me and had some weird story lines. Now she's got that kick-butt-ask-questions-later thing going which I liked in characters such as Rose Wilson. Though she may be wearing a Donna knock-off costume, I really like it, especially with the added armour (they've appeared to have gotten rid of the hood).

Though not a particularly original character personality, it's an enjoyable one.

What's your thoughts on the new Cass?

#2 Posted by JLArturo (14333 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new cass, but I miss the old one more. Then again, I miss the entire old DCU more than I like the DCnU

#3 Posted by starrk_coyote (651 posts) - - Show Bio

SHE KICK A **! i love HER! she is A W E S O M E !!! and did you get a lod of them guns? dude how can you not like her? she dose not have the old cassi's caly girl look to her but the "i am going to rip of your face and s*** down your neck!" look and feel yo her and to me! WE NEED MORE CHARACTERS LIKE HER!

#4 Posted by kiyava (62 posts) - - Show Bio

She's okay. I never really liked the older version that much, but the new 52 Cassie is slowly growing on me. I always preferred Donna, I even liked her more than WW.

#5 Posted by Onemoreposter (4242 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

I like the new cass, but I miss the old one more. Then again, I miss the entire old DCU more than I like the DCnU

#6 Posted by starrk_coyote (651 posts) - - Show Bio
@starrk_coyote said:
SHE KICK A **! i love HER! she is A W E S O M E !!! and did you get a lod of them guns? dude how can you not like her? she dose not have the old cassi's caly girl look to her but the "i am going to rip of your face and s*** down your neck!" look and feel yo her and to me! WE NEED MORE CHARACTERS LIKE HER!
also i am TOTALLY DIGS the all "the little red riding hood" look she is sporting :) i really do. 
#7 Posted by Izaiah (5605 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this Cass more than Pre-Flashpoint Cass.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (89534 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked how she was before.

#9 Posted by RainEffect (3376 posts) - - Show Bio

I love her current outfit, not to mention she's so much more serious than she was previously. It's a nice change, as she's literally the Teen version of Wonder Woman (as Tim Drake is a Teen Batman). I also am really interested in the relationship she has with Tim, if it will ever play out. Screw Superboy, get with Tim!

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (14005 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (14005 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

I love her current outfit, not to mention she's so much more serious than she was previously. It's a nice change, as she's literally the Teen version of Wonder Woman (as Tim Drake is a Teen Batman). I also am really interested in the relationship she has with Tim, if it will ever play out. Screw Superboy, get with Tim!

Superboy Rules,Tim can have Spoiler.Cassie and Connor Forever!!!

#12 Posted by jrock85 (2882 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her.

#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Same, the new version sucks -__-

#14 Posted by RainEffect (3376 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

@RainEffect said:

Dude, I love the idea of a triangle. It's typical for teenagers, you know, one girl - two guys who are best friends. I'd ship Tim and Cassie though. Spoiler was such a bizatch to Tim Pre-New 52
#15 Posted by RogueOracle (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Lobdell said in a recent interview Conner and Cassie will have a slow-burning romance, I think.

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (14005 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@RainEffect said:

Dude, I love the idea of a triangle. It's typical for teenagers, you know, one girl - two guys who are best friends. I'd ship Tim and Cassie though. Spoiler was such a bizatch to Tim Pre-New 52

No thanks dude,I hated seeing Tim hooking with her while Connor was dead,real good friend there.Never again hahaha,I hope.Welcome back btw

#17 Posted by nightlock (37 posts) - - Show Bio

i love her like crazy! she's a much more brash and aggressive character, which is awesome. and i actually love her costume and the hood!

#18 Posted by Z3RO180 (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt really know much before the new 52 but yea the new one is pretty kick ass.

#19 Posted by ChadwickDavis (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I like both versions of Cassandra. It's like a nature vs nurture argument at its finest. two sides of the same coin. They have kept the core qualities and yet created two very different extremes to the same character.

Both have "boundary issues"

Both have an absent father and Mother figure.

Both have "sticky fingers."

Both have are not afraid to throw down with heavyhitters (old Cassie/ doomsday Clone, New Cassie/ Superboy.)

Both have an interest in archaelolgical "studies"...so to speak.

#20 Posted by fodigg (6209 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she's very different. I miss the old version at times, but I also like how in the new team, the tough, aggressive one is female. That the girls aren't all passive, "sugar and spice" and whatnot. I also like the nod to Donna's costume. I think it looks good. Plus her new attitude befits someone who should be linked to the god of war.

#21 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2039 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked her :P

#22 Posted by Ravager4 (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

You're my new best friend.

#23 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2039 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

You're my new best friend.

BFF

#24 Posted by garrettsgonewild (86 posts) - - Show Bio
what do you guys think of the cover of Teen Titans 11? by Brett Booth
#25 Posted by oraclefyre (944 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her, and just she would show a bit more emotion than her "i'm going to hit you now" attitude.

#26 Posted by Jorgevy (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

Never knew the old one, but I like her. Her personality could use a bit more improvement but we are still in early drafts.

Her costume/armour is awesome and she is pretty hot.

I like her "relationship" with Tim, even if it's too soon, and Im kinda shipping them but it's OBVIOUS from what I've been reading that the writers are aiming more for a Cassie/Superboy thing than for a Cassie/Tim thing

#27 Posted by htb106 (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her like this, she's a bit more independent and can stand up for herself a bit more.

#28 Posted by Primebonnick (3630 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

still love the old one but this one is growing on me no lie i could grow to love her more than i do kara

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.