Follow

Wonder Girl

Character » Wonder Girl appears in 1335 issues.

Cassandra Sandsmark was originally the daughter of Olympian God Zeus and Dr. Helena Sandsmark. She became the second Wonder Girl in an attempt to save Wonder Woman's life. Cassie continues adventuring as a member of the Teen Titans. Her New 52 incarnation is the daughter of Wonder Woman's half-brother Lennox, and derives her powers from an ancient armor named the 'Silent Armor' related to the demon Trigon.

No connection to Wonder Woman?

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By jointron33

Besides having bracers and a magical lasso, the New 52 Wonder Girl does not seem to have anything to do with Wonder Woman at all. She states in the 1st issue that she does not want to be called Wonder Girl(90s Superboy much?) and it is revealed in Teen Titans #13 that her armor is connected to Trigon somehow. What do fans think of this? Is this more reason to introduce Donna Troy to the New 52?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By justice teen

the world needs donna troy

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Press Oblivion
    No Caption Provided

I just finished reading Teen Titans #13 and I have to say that I was surprised at the revelation that her armor is something other than Greek mythos inspired or Amazon associated.

as @jointron33: mentioned Cass has stated that she doesn't want to be called Wonder Girl which has prepared us for the inevitability that she wouldn't be a part of Wonder Woman's family of characters but I was holding out for proof and here it is.

My big question is why? I know that a lot of the characters have been started from scratch but this doesn't stand to reason for me. I'm sure that there are ways to work around this if they want to unite Cass with the Wonder Woman clan again but I will miss that relationship in this universe.

Se la vi. It will be interesting to see what comes next.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By hyperman

Have you noticed thats some sidekicks don't want have much to do with their mentors? (Superboy, Impulse, Wonder girl and so forth)

Anyway, It seems that , the story will be the same as in the 90's, when donna found out her origins and connection with the Titans of Myth, She And Diana had no connection but at some point they meet and became family and all that stuff, I think the same thing is gonna happen now.

Honestly, I want Donna back as Wonder girl... Badly!!!

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By colonyofcells

Batman is popular so he has been allowed to have tons of obsolete sidekicks but Wonder Woman don't seem to be popular enough to support any obsolete sidekick.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Press Oblivion

@hyperman said:

Have you noticed thats some sidekicks don't want have much to do with their mentors? (Superboy, Impulse, Wonder girl and so forth)

That is an interesting coincidence . . . or is it a coincidence?

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mpierce2690

@hyperman said:

Well, it makes sense for Superboy and Kid-Flash because Superboy was always on his own for a bit before meeting up with Superman (which he will be doing in the H'el crossover) and Kid-Flash is Bart Allen from the future and doesn't seem to realize he is actually from the future yet. We know Bart is from the future though because one of the Legion Lost members could recognize his smell, and Virgil Hawkins seemed certain he was from the future.

With Wonder Girl, I'm not sure what her deal will be. I definitely think we'll see Donna Troy in the future, and I'm 110% we'll see Wally West. We're only 14 issues in, plenty of time for Cassie's connection to Wonder Woman to be revealed and I'm that there will be one. Just like I'm sure a relationship will bond between Bart and Barry as well as Clark and Conner.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By colonyofcells

With the reboot of Wonder Woman, there is really no room for obsolete sidekicks in the Wonder Woman title. The best that can be done is for Wonder Woman to meet Cassie Wonder Girl later on. Something similar happened to Lyta Trevor after COIE and Lyta Trevor got a new origin after COIE similar to what happened to Cassie Wonder Girl.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMatch328

This is my theory on the recent revelations in Teen Titans I believe the Amazons have something to do with the Trinity making it possible that Wonder Girl is connected to Wonder Woman also that wiht the revelation of Wonder Girl having a connection to the Trinity that the Teen Titans will be apart of the Trinity War

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colonyofcells

The Teen Titans might participate in the trinity war so maybe the Teen Titans will help the Justice League members. The Teen Titans creators prefer Wonder Girl to have an origin independent of Wonder Woman and greek mythology. Wonder Girl got the Wonder name mainly bec of some similarities in the powers but not origins.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMatch328

That just doesn't sound right Wonder Girl with no connection to Wonder Woman maybe the Amazons have something to do with Trigon like how they will rape and murder men on the seas

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Press Oblivion

It's just odd though. I'll keep holding out hope for the future.

RyDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at the start of the new 52 we can assume they are half sistersbut we recently its alluded to that she is wonder woman's neice

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read Teen Titans 19 and is Wonder Girl daughter to Constantine

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The hell. Are you serious?
    BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Random guy with a cigarette in his mouth abandoning his family is not Constantine.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

lol

I have always said that Lennox is definitely a copy of Constantine but he is not Constantine

He is the brother of WW which make Cassie the Niece of WW.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thematch328 said:

Random guy with a cigarette in his mouth abandoning his family is not Constantine.

@thematch328 said:

lol

I have always said that Lennox is definitely a copy of Constantine but he is not Constantine

He is the brother of WW which make Cassie the Niece of WW.

All of this. It's obviously Lennox. Look at that crack in his dome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.