Am I the only one who likes Cassie better than Donna?

#1 Posted by Jade1977 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cassie has a lot more personality than Donna, and is a lot more realistic. And she doesn't have ten million different origins. Back in her Young Justice days, Cassie was actually really smart. Whereas Donna has always been written as shallow and not particularly bright. Back when she was in the Teen Titans, Donna was a boy-crazy idiot.

#2 Edited by Jetshade (421 posts) - - Show Bio

I still prefer Donna, at least when she was Wonder Girl and wore the classic red uniform. I think Donna's "shallowness" in her Teen Titan days was partially due to the time period she was written in. Cassie hasn't exactly been immune to boy-craziness either. 

I'll give Cassie this though: At least she never married Terry Long, one of the lamest male love interests in the history of comics. 

#3 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Donna is way better than Cassie

#4 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both Wonder Woman clones ;)

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Babs said:
They are both Wonder Woman clones ;)
except that Cassie doesn't even look like Wonder Woman, while Donna does
#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Chaos Agent said:
Donna is way better than Cassie
i agree with this!
#7 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek_the_lost said:
Babs said: They are both Wonder Woman clones ;) except that Cassie doesn't even look like Wonder Woman, while Donna ... [more]
Okay they forgot the aesthetics gene.

Diana trumps them both.

But yes, if I had to choose, Donna would be it.
#8 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice Cassie > New Titans Donna > Donna the rest of the time > Cassie post Graduation Day (ie post losing her personality)

#9 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana > Donna > Cassie for me.

Donna's more BA.

#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's easier to prefer characters you first got to know.  So I knew about Donna & Diana but I'd never read any of their adventures.  I got to know Cassie through Young Justice... so I love her more than the others.  She was just an awkward kid who was trying to be a hero, and there was a certain level of empathy there.  Not so much any more... but she's still my favourite out of the Wonder Women.

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

no one likes Cassie.

#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
no one likes Cassie.

Someone can't read.  At least two people do.  That's two more people than 'no-one'.
#13 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
SUNMAN said: no one likes Cassie. Someone can't read.  At least two people do.  That's two more people than 'no-one'. [more]
LOL.

xerox-kitty said:
I think it's easier to prefer characters you first got to know.  So I knew about Donna & Diana but ... [more]
I know of Cassie through her mini and some teen titans and she seems so drab. not to mention Wonder Girl, is dating/ has dated, Robin... downgrade.
#14 Edited by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
SUNMAN said: no one likes Cassie. Someone can't read.  At least two people do.  That's two more people than 'no-one'. [more]
whatever, just expressing my personal opinion. I didn't mind her at first, but after everything with her involving Conner, Tim and Ravager I am not a fan anymore
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
xerox-kitty said: SUNMAN said: no one likes Cassie. Someone can't read.  At least two people do.  That's two more people ... [more]
SUNMAN said:
xerox-kitty said: SUNMAN said: no one likes Cassie. Someone can't read.  At least two people do.  That's two more people ... [more]
SUNMAN said:
SUNMAN said:
SUNMAN said:
#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so tired of this @Quote bug.  Anyway, SUNMAN, you didn't give a personal opinion at first, you stated something as if it were fact.  However, I genuinely do agree with you... when you actually did give an opinion.  It's sad to see a character written into an empty stereotype.  As if all teenage girls only exist to date one bad choice after another.

#17 Posted by Jade1977 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

Donna Troy should never have existed in the first place. She was only created as a result of an editor or writers's mistake in assuming that Wonder Girl was Wonder Woman's sidekick rather than Wonder Woman herself.

#18 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

And yet, she's still a great character.

#19 Posted by Jade1977 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is she a great character???

#20 Posted by Jade1977 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

The interesting thing is that although Donna is a Silver Age character, most Silver Age fans don't seem to like her. Most of the people who like her seem to be Modern Ager fans. Why is that, I wonder?

#21 Posted by Jetshade (421 posts) - - Show Bio
Jade1977 said:
Donna Troy should never have existed in the first place. She was only created as a result of an editor ... [more]

So? That's an interesting bit of trivia, but I don't see how it supports the argument that Cassie is a better character. Plenty of things come about accidentally or unintentionally, both in fiction and reality. It doesn't make them any less legitimate once they exist. 

#22 Posted by Jetshade (421 posts) - - Show Bio
Jade1977 said:
The interesting thing is that although Donna is a Silver Age character, most Silver Age fans don't seem to like ... [more]

I'm sure that's due to the 1980's debut of the 'New' Teen Titans by Wolfman and Perez. A lot of people didn't "discover" the Teen Titans, or the character of Donna Troy, until the 1980's. 

#23 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Jade1977 said:
Why is she a great character???
Because all of the New Titans were great characters because Marv Wolfman is good at writing comic books.

Like Jetshade says, that's the reason modern comics audiences like her, whereas in the Silver Age, she was just Wonder Woman's sidekick who was also on this other super team.
#24 Edited by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason or another I'm much more familiar with Casse,so I sort of turn towards her naturally.

#25 Posted by jeangreyemmafrost (125 posts) - - Show Bio

d's better than cassie

#26 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

I like cassie

#27 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer Donna! there is somthing about Cassie that Piss me off!
#28 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Cassie better as a Wonder Girl. 

That being said, I like Donna for what she's become on her own. 

Its interesting, of all the original Titans, 3 have become their mentors at some point.  Dick is the current Batman, Wally is Flash, and Donna was Wonder Woman during the one-year gap.  Even Roy has taken a costume that resembles his predecessor's more closely.

#29 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i like Donna as Donna Troy too! Cassie has actully kinda cool look for Wonder Girl
#30 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
CASSIE 
Definately.
#31 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Cassie
#32 Posted by NightFang (10046 posts) - - Show Bio

Their both the same to me.

#33 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them both but I definetly like Donna Troy more cause some writers are screwing up Cassie which is the reason why so many people hate her .

#34 Posted by AMS (1387 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassie needs to stop being written as the third wheel all the time imo.  

I like her but she suffers from oh lol lol it's Superboys old lady nagging at him again syndrome and other lazy writing flaws .  

At least now she has the chance to go out and kick ass and make a name for herself again until the next bad writer comes along. 

Cassie has alot more potential than Donna Troy and thats coming from someone who grew up reading Donna Troy.
#35 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Cassie a lot more, I just think that she's a better character, she's also a bit more modern.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.