Follow

Wonder Girl

Character » Wonder Girl appears in 1335 issues.

Cassandra Sandsmark was originally the daughter of Olympian God Zeus and Dr. Helena Sandsmark. She became the second Wonder Girl in an attempt to save Wonder Woman's life. Cassie continues adventuring as a member of the Teen Titans. Her New 52 incarnation is the daughter of Wonder Woman's half-brother Lennox, and derives her powers from an ancient armor named the 'Silent Armor' related to the demon Trigon.

1/2 Good Verse 1/4 God-which one you like better?

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1/2 Good Verse 1/4 God-which one you like better?

In the New 52 Wonder Girl is only 1/4 God and the daughter of another demigod Lennox. Instead of being 1/2 God and daughter of Zeus. I am sure that cuts down on her Power Level and other abilities. I think it was a bad idea. She had such a unique backstory with her mother and such. She still a direct descend of Zeus. But no longer her daughter. I think that would cut down on her status among the Gods in general and as a demigod and such.

Plus, would it not give her 25% less power than as a half daughter of Zeus verse 1/4 granddaughter. Even if she had the same abilities, it will make her weaker and she would not be able to hold her own as much in fights. So she goes from one of the big guns in a fight to a much less ability in a fight.

What you all think of that change and should we keep her the same, change her back or find out more about her?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

It appears, if you look at WW, that being 1/2 god doesnt make her any less powerful than a fullblown god, so why should 1/4 be any different?

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GWHH

@outside_85: That only if you except the new origins theory. I don't in WW case.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Outside_85

@gwhh: I have to say I don't think power through parentage in the case of gods is something that's as easily measurable as you make it out to be. Like in Zeus' case he has:

• Artemis/Moon
    • Apollo/Sun
    • Dionysus
    • Athena
    • Wonder Woman
    • Lennox
    • Siracca
    • Milan
    • Cassandra

All of which vary greatly in power.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't think her being 1/4 divine is a power cut though. I do agree that the pre flash point cassie had such a nice back story and development though. I shall wait for more info and devlopment to say which i truly like better but for now i do prefer the pre flashpoint cassie. Makes me afraid of what they will do to cassandra cain and donna troy with their new origins

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gwhh: I have come to really appreciate the new Cassie's story. And I would agree with the others that state that divine genetics and power differentials are more complex than being 1/2 or 1/4. That's true even in Greek mythology. Hercules is a demigod, but is far more "powerful" than the Muses.

I'd like them to explore why/how she would be more powerful if she knew who she really was as Trigon hinted.

But Diana has a niece, which is really similar to the relationship she had with Cassie pre 52.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I prefer the 1/4

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's perfectly fine, because her armor is the real source of her power

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.