Follow

Women in Comics

Concept » Women in Comics appears in 15 issues.

Article covering the role of women in comics throughout the ages.

Great Comics Starring Heroines

Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Aria_belle

I hear alot of talk about great female characters, but what comics are they best in? 

One of my favorites, Spider Woman: Agent of Sword by: Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev      

Reading  and loving, Black Widow by: Marjorie Liu and Daniel Acuna
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Currently loving Black Widow, Liu makes the character so epic...but I fear for the series since she will be leaving at #5 -__-

But Liu will be taking over X-23's new series (which comes out next month in case anyone didn't know) which I'm looking forward too, She-Hulks comes out in November and will be featuring She-Hulk and Lyra. Batgirl is a great series, not sure of Gotham Sirens, Birds of Pray I here a lot of good things about from reviews.

asafager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By asafager

Bendis wrote a book called Alias back in the day. A groundbreaking comic, if I've ever read one. Jessica Jones is an ex-superhero PI. She's the classic film noir private gumshoe. She drinks, smokes, sleeps around, all the things a flawed yet lovable anti-hero does. Except she's a woman. IE, an actual human being, rather than just a pair of jugs and an attitude. Wonder Woman is a great, strong character and all, but she's not nearly as well stacked in depth as she is in the chest. 
    Bendis does a really good job at writing women as real, interesting people. Deena Pilgrim in his series Powers is another good example. She's not the main character, but she's still a total badass.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I love Spider-girl the most in her series Spectacular Spider-girl. 

Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aria_belle

I tried reading the first issue but didn't really like it, does it get better?  

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep em coming, I will be putting in an order at Hero Comics, my local shop in Phoenix. 

Anyone read Batwoman? I eyeball it, but I am not sure. 
    I like Gotham Sirens.
    Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aria_belle

2002 DC Catwoman 

I actually am only 6 issues in, but I am really enjoy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.