You Might Want to See This!

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=74357

#2 Posted by Lvenger (17927 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Wow clever tactic Marvel. Kill off an unkillable hero who also happens to be one of your most popular characters only to bring him back a year or so later. Yeah real clever. Also you've created a duplicate thread of this too mate.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@TheAcidSkull: Wow clever tactic Marvel. Kill off an unkillable hero who also happens to be one of your most popular characters only to bring him back a year or so later. Yeah real clever. Also you've created a duplicate thread of this too mate.

agreed!

Also why is is that evrytime i make a thread, it's duplicated.

#4 Posted by Lvenger (17927 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Seriously? That's odd. Never heard of that happen before.

#5 Posted by SC (12511 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it depends on who is doing it, the how and the why. Two of one of my favorite characters Thor's best stories and eras were the stories before his short hiatus from comics and after.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32231 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing Wolverine is a great idea as long as he's never seen or heard from again also I really like Daken so him coming back is great.

#7 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6041 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosh, that'd be a pretty bold move.

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@TheAcidSkull: Seriously? That's odd. Never heard of that happen before.

what never happens? :P

#9 Posted by Lvenger (17927 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Making one thread and then a duplicate of it as well. That is a strange thing. Does that happen every time you make a thread?

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@TheAcidSkull: Making one thread and then a duplicate of it as well. That is a strange thing. Does that happen every time you make a thread?

OHHH! yeah, almost every time, might be because i double press it or something :P

now back to the matter at hand, if marvels kills of wolverine it has to be done with class, otherwise he will return in like a year or so as you said.

#11 Posted by Lvenger (17927 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Yeah not gonna lie, killing off characters with class is something Marvel have lost over the recent years :P

#12 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@TheAcidSkull: Yeah not gonna lie, killing off characters with class is something Marvel have lost over the recent years :P

i agree 100%, but this is wolverine, marvels main star attractions, meaning somthing good has to come out of it ...right? RIGHT?

#13 Posted by Lvenger (17927 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Um, Superior Spider-Man TAS? Their biggest, most famous character gets replaced by a guy who uses Parker's memories to see intimate moments between him and MJ? Plenty of good from that right? :P

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@TheAcidSkull: Um, Superior Spider-Man TAS? Their biggest, most famous character gets replaced by a guy who uses Parker's memories to see intimate moments between him and MJ? Plenty of good from that right? :P

I HATE IT WHEN YOUR RIGHT! XD

#15 Posted by Lvenger (17927 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: I thought you liked Superior?

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@TheAcidSkull: I thought you liked Superior?

i do but, ONLY because i know it's temporary, no matter what anyone says, this is basically a new challenge for peter, and from the point of view i like it, but on the other hand, i HATE the whole premessis.

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Odds are this will be a rip off of RIP and the Return of Bruce Wayne. Wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine Inc comes out of it.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Odds are this will be a rip off of RIP and the Return of Bruce Wayne. Wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine Inc comes out of it.

Though my faith in marvel of executing good deaths is dead, i really hope the manage to do something good, HOPE! XD

the last thing we need is daken acting like Damien

#19 Posted by Lvenger (17927 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel: Killing off characters poorly only to bring them back rather than writing consistently good stories with them since The Dark Phoenix Saga.

#20 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

The past few years has seen Wolverine become one of Marvel's most over saturated characters and his popularity has taken a slight knock after the events of Avengers Vs. X-Men. Regardless, a reliable source indicates that his time might finally be up next year! Read on for details.

Josh Wilding - 2/15/2013

According to the ever reliable lads over at Bleeding Cool, they've gotten word from Marvel's Creative Summit that, "next year there is a plan at Marvel to kill Wolverine." Apparently, it will be handled in a way which "gets round his healing factor and his seems supernatural deal to keep coming back from the grave." They go on to explain that Logan's involvement in Ultron War - which will see him and Susan Storm travelling back in time to recreate the Marvel Universe - will have some sort of effect on his body and that "even given his reputation as a bloodthirsty killer, this time he may have gone too far..." It's also worth noting that in an interview with Comic Book Resources, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso said this about a possible return of Wolverine's son, Daken. "Daken’s name came up during our most recent Marvel creative retreat, but what that means, I’m afraid it’s too early to reveal to you at this juncture!" Will he replace his dad? A big storyline like this in 2014 would certainly make sense, especially as Hugh Jackman's live-action Wolverine is set to have a large role in X-Men: Days of Future Past. How do you guys feel about the possibility of Marvel killing off the popular mutant character? Sound off below!

#21 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

So does this mean we are going to get  "Superior Wolverine" ? Also, Marvel is not going to kill off 616 Wolverine just like they are not going to LEGITIMATELY kill off 616 Spidey.

#22 Posted by sniktbub100 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny how People Have been complaining about Wolverine Being overexposed And Now That Marvel Is Planning To Kill Him Everyone's All angry and Like F*** you Marvel WTF ?

#23 Posted by Lightburst (163 posts) - - Show Bio

So say Wolverine stays dead for about a year or two would that mean X-23 would become the next wolverine because lets be honest this would make sense with of her being in avengers arena so she can become an Avenger/X-Man and assume the name Wolverine.

#24 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: so its a possiblity,,,,o.0

#25 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos: You can never really tell about these things.

#26 Posted by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they already do this with Ultimate Wolverine?

And every Alternate Universe Wolverine?

#27 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

Poor guy
#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: XD WHA?

#29 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: we need bendis to stop touching poor wolvie, things went downhill after quesada removed his cigar

#30 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Wolvie to die he is in my top 2 favorite comic character :( if it happens I just hope it has great story.

@sniktbub100 said:

It's funny how People Have been complaining about Wolverine Being overexposed And Now That Marvel Is Planning To Kill Him Everyone's All angry and Like F*** you Marvel WTF ?

well Just because people think he is overexposed doesn't mean they want him dead. I could go without seeing some family members for longer periods but I don't want them to die.

#31 Posted by Xorion (438 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he is everywhere but killing him is not fair.

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (14452 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that they would kill their secon most famous character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.