X-Men Origins: Wolverine. How would you reboot it?

#1 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I have heard rumors that they were gonna give "The Wolverine" the same treatment that they gave to Hulk and Punisher. By that I mean they're going to basically make it a sequel/reboot, where in the first few minutes they re-iterate the first one to the way it should of been, and then follow it right after.

I have two different ideas; the first idea is simply what they should of changed in the first movie, and then the second idea would be a totally different movie with different cast and everything.

I will post my ideas later one tonight, but I would love to see your ideas first. Also if you're a troll, or a just a douchebag its cool, it will give me some laughs :)

#2 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i would at least try to match the lab scene and set to what we learned from his flashbacks in x-1 and 2 that is why the wolverine film failed in my opion plus the bone claws were stupid sinse x-1 his x rays showed his claws were implants. and the memory eraceing bullet thing was stupid. plus sabertooth in origins looked nothing like he dose in x-1.

#3 Edited by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio
 The Animal
I'd honestly like to see them go more into depth about his time while with the Weapon X program. Maybe flashback to when he was a child, his time during WWI, WWII, etc. (something I actually liked in Wolverine Origins), and maybe show how he was captured by Weapon X. I'd like to see them explain what Weapon X did to him, the brainwashing and transforming him into the ultimate weapon, and finally end with his escape and having his mind erased by the program (like literally erased through brainwashing, not shot out by a bullet... -___-).

The Warrior
The sequel I would like to see pretty much what they're hopefully doing in the new Wolverine movie which is show his time in Japan, explore that part of the character and dive into the warrior side of the character, as the first movie would most likely focus on Logan's animal/vicious side.
#4 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both of your guys's post.

I think the Bone Claws should stay, because X-Men 1-3 are being rebooted through First Class, so technically those never happened either lol. I will have my detail version of how they could of changed the original.

#5 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

i think i read something about the new movie, if i remember gonna focus in the years of wolverine in japan, that means mariko / silver samurai, probably ogun

#6 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtGamer: You are correct!

#7 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the easiest thing they could of done to this movie to make it way better, and its really simple, an extra scene. Instead of Wolverine being shot in the head by the magic adamantium bullet and losing his memories, it would of gone down like this.

Logan is knocked out by the bullet.

Stryker executes Silver Fox

They take Logan to Alkali Lake

They put him in the same tank we saw in X2.

Stryker uses his son Jason to erase all of Logan's memories, and we see his memories fading away.

When its done, Stryker says, "Now we have our Weapon X, its time to release the animal"

Credits.

After the credits we see Logan above the tank with dead bodies around as he stands there bloodied we hear Silver Fox's voice in his head, "your not an animal." Then Logan gives an epic beserker roar before it ends.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
 The Animal
I'd honestly like to see them go more into depth about his time while with the Weapon X program. Maybe flashback to when he was a child, his time during WWI, WWII, etc. (something I actually liked in Wolverine Origins), and maybe show how he was captured by Weapon X. I'd like to see them explain what Weapon X did to him, the brainwashing and transforming him into the ultimate weapon, and finally end with his escape and having his mind erased by the program (like literally erased through brainwashing, not shot out by a bullet... -___-).

The Warrior
The sequel I would like to see pretty much what they're hopefully doing in the new Wolverine movie which is show his time in Japan, explore that part of the character and dive into the warrior side of the character, as the first movie would most likely focus on Logan's animal/vicious side.
Exactly this.....

screw the brother relationship with Sabretooth and the unnecessary X-Men cameos, In a two hour film the first half of the film should have been how it was, with Wolverines violent past being represented in the credits, his duration with "Team X"...only they should have been more accurate, rather than having a Blob/Mastadon mash up....have Mastadon. Then him trying to escape that life be violently interrupted by crazy old Victor Creed. Similar to what actually happened in the movie, but less corny.

The second half of the film should have been pure Weapon X facility, it probably couldn't be as dark and gorey as the comic mini series was, but they could dial it down a bit.....Stryker should have been more menacing. He was essentially just some ranking officer in the Wolverine film....in X2, he was apparently a highly intelligent and capable military scientist.....(continuity people) The climax of the film should have been them messing with Wolverines memories so he would become a mindless weapon him going berserk and escaping and Maverick trying to help him escape or something, the final battle could have been a showdown with savage, crazed Wolverine and Maverick vs Sabrettoth and Deadpool....but the actual Deapool, not Baraka........if anyof Deadpool fans bitch about it being inaccurate they can just change it to some other Weapon X agent

The only cameos should be Wolverine related characters...Omega Red, Alpha Flight related characters etc..
#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't touch Weapon X at all. I'd start from the very beginning with Origins. Save Weapon X for the sequel.

#10 Posted by thespidey307 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like the rights to all wolverine and x-men rights back to marvel, so that we can get a proper wolverine movie.

#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

I wouldn't touch Weapon X at all. I'd start from the very beginning with Origins. Save Weapon X for the sequel.

Eh, Origins was boring...and the best part of the book is ruined if you already know that James is Wolverine
#12 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespidey307: Yes! I am actually gonna write a good synposis of that soon, with a whole new cast and everything. I have such a vision for a Marvel Produced Wolverine movie, they should really hire me as Director.

#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Eh, Origins was boring...and the best part of the book is ruined if you already know that James is Wolverine

Blasphemy. Origins was fantastic.

Well, the whole thing wouldn't be Origins. It'd basically be everything before Weapon X. And Dog will be Sabretooth because it'd be stupid if it wasn't.

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Well, the whole thing wouldn't be Origins. It'd basically be everything before Weapon X. And Dog will be Sabretooth because it'd be stupid if it wasn't.

It was a cool little tragic story, I was never too blown away by it.....I am saying one of th greattest parts was the implication that Dog Logan was Wolverine, until James sprouts claws...I think they revealed Wolverines real name in Morrisons run prior to the series but it still seemed unspecific when reading it
#15 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Not exactly Gambit1024, stay tuned for for my idea of a reboot of the film, and you'll see what I mean.

#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Gambit1024 said:

It was a cool little tragic story, I was never too blown away by it.....I am saying one of th greattest parts was the implication that Dog Logan was Wolverine, until James sprouts claws...I think they revealed Wolverines real name in Morrisons run prior to the series but it still seemed unspecific when reading it

It was whoever was writing Uncanny at the time Morrison was writing New X-Men. It was a story featuring Wolverine, Fantomex, and Cyclops. They were trying to kill Weapon XV or something. Wolverine was listening to the prior Weapon X victims' files, and all he heard was that his name was James.

I actually thought it was going to be Thomas Logan when I read the tbp for the first time, to be honest (and Origins was the very first solo-Wolverine story I ever read). I agree, though, it was dumb that they dropped the ball before they wrote the story. Still, I thought it was awesome to see who he was before Weapon X nevertheless.

#17 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

The following plot, would be if Marvel bought the rights Wolverine's movie, and gave it a new cast and new whole idea. I will write a more detailed script kind of thing on Word sometime this week. But heres the basic DNA of the reboot idea. It will not follow the continuity of the X-Men movies, but Stryker will be head of the Weapon X Program, because we still need that unknown character without it being Romulus (who is in my opinion the perfect example of poor character development)

Christian Kane as James Howlett/Logan/Weapon X/Wolverine

Gerard Butler as Victor Creed/Sabretooth

Bold: Authors notes

Italics: Flashbacks

Normal: Movie scenes

The opening scene is our new actor of Wolverine being injected with the Adamantium within the water tank. All the while The Professor, Stryker, Cornelius, and Hines are watching with some of the Generals as Stryker introduces who this is, James Logan (confirmed as an alias, real name unknown), now codenamed Weapon X, being a 'volunteer' for the program to have his skeleton bonded with adamantium. As the procedure is going on, the needles that are implanted within Logans skull release nanites that erase every single one of his memories. We then see flashes from everything before, slowly vanishing.

These would be the flashes of his memories that are being erased, this would take around 3 minutes, with only hallowed voices in the flashes.

Wolverine being brought into the facility

Logan being carried out of his cabin

Wolverine fighting Sabretooth and getting manhandled before being knocked out.

Logan walking in to his cabin to find Silver Fox dead with Sabretooth siitting at on the couch, it would be implied that she raped.

Logan kissing Silver Fox

Logan meeting Silver Fox

Logan throwing his dogtags at Stryker and Victor

Team X mission in Vietnam and they are ordered to destroy a whole village. Logan refuses and tries to stop, but is knocked out by Mastodon.

Team X' in Russia where they are found by Spetsnaz soldiers, and after they dispath of them, they have to kill the survivors of the unit in cold blood. Logan is seen hesitant, but Creed shows enjoyment.

Creed and Logan getting along in a bar, drinking, smoking, and posing together for a picture.

Team X's first mission in Russia, where you see a silhouette of Omega Red, (Sequel!!!!!!!)

Team X meeting for the first time. Logan and Sabretooth show chemistry, because they are both Ferals

Logan in a Green Beret Officer uniform tie and suit, speaking to Stryker in D.C. (putting together a special team... with special priviliges)

Logan fighting in Vietnam

Logan slashing enemy soldiers with his claws i nthe Korean War (During these two flashes you'll hear his name as James Logan, and see his american dogtags with the name on it)

Logan entering the United States for the first time, with a passport that says James Logan

Logan leaving his Canadian home and his Canadian Dogtags that say James Howlett are also left.

Howlett training in Japan

Howlett fighting in WWII, you can see clearly on his camo's it says Howlett J.

Howlett fighting in the trenches of WWI with his claws

Howlett running with wolves

Howlett kills Dog Logan with his Bone Claws in front of villagers

Howlett sees Dog, some voices are heard such as "remember me Jimmy," and "Yeah, I also remember killing that drunk bastard father of ours"

James running away in the woods

James slashing a young Dog's face.

Elizabeth Howlett killing herself in front of young James

James killing Thomas Logan

James claws emerging

Thomas killing John Howlett

Little James happy with his family

End of flashes, like I said this would go way quicker, maybe even skipping some of them.

Weapon X would emerge from the tank with his new adamantium claws out, and he kills some of the soldiers nearby, and cuts off The Professors hand, before there is a lockdown, and then Maverick is shown shooting Logan continuously, and since the procedure damaged Logan pretty bad, he doesn't heal as quickly and he soon passes out.

This would be the introduction of the movie, Wolverine: Weapon X

#18 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you think?

@Gambit1024: what did you think

#19 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the bone claws I'd like it better if they show up after a stint in japan druing the war or after it a japanese POW camp for example near hiroshima or Nagasaki. Or have them go with a side effect of the bonding process.

Other then that not bad but you have to include rose in his earliest Memories to tie his attraction for jean to his past.

#20 Posted by TheCannon (17892 posts) - - Show Bio

Two things.

1) I don't know where you're getting this info about giving the Wolverine the same treatment as Hulk, but it's wrong.

2) I wouldn't reboot it. It's the greatest prequel I've ever seen, and deserves a sequel.

#21 Posted by TheCannon (17892 posts) - - Show Bio

@ADAMocracy said:

@TheCannon said:

Two things.

1) I don't know where you're getting this info about giving the Wolverine the same treatment as Hulk, but it's wrong.

2) I wouldn't reboot it. It's the greatest prequel I've ever seen, and deserves a sequel.

Also the rumors I got off Google my friend, google, The Wolverine reboot. They talk about how its not going to be a sequel to the last Wolverine movie; therefore, I concluded either its gonna be completely ignored (as it should) or they're gonna do what I think they're gonna do.

Wow, you must not have been a Wolverine fan or even a comic book fan if you thought X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a good movie.

Magic Adamantium bullet that Stryker knew would erase his memories.....

Barakapool

Wolverine not losing his memories during the procedure

Wade Wilson in Team X

Blob and Mastodon being the same person

Maverick being asian, (I always enjoyed Maverick being the german freedom fighter), and also not going by Maverick

Silver Fox being a teacher and not a Black Foot Indian

Logan and Creed being brothers.

Canadians fighting in the AMERICAN Civil War.

Being given american dogtags even though he has canadian ones in X1.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a big disappointment in so many more ways.

You must be lying, unless you can provide links. This, along with a few others, is one of the superhero movies I have always been keeping track of ever since it was announced. It will be a sequel to X-men Origins: Wolverine, not a reboot, not a remake, not a revamp, not a reqeul (it's a term they used when the Incredible Hulk was in production), only a sequel.

I love Wolverine and comics books. It was a good movie.

You listed several differences from the comics. Everyone says X-men Origins: Wolverine is bad because of the differences from the comics. Yet X-men: First Class, that isn't even remotely similar to the comics, is good according to everyone. That had nothing in common with the X-men from the comic books, and was much more different than X-men Origins: Wolverine.

They only showed he had dogtags in X-men, they never showed where they were from. Only that they said Wolverine.

I will give you credit, Canadians fighting in the American Civil War made no sense.

Sorry everything is in bold, I can't turn it off for some reason.

#22 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I wil

I'm gonna try to get out more ideas soon

#23 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: What? I totally forgot about that scene! How can THEY have missed it too?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.