Would U Buy It #10: "What If? Wolverine, Vol. 1-2"

Posted by cbishop (8219 posts) - - Show Bio
#DateWelcome to WUBI # 10:Choose Your View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
1010/05/10What If? Wolverine, Vol. 1-2(Blog) (Forum)Wolverine(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's two of mine:

Proposed Title:What If? Wolverine, Vol. 1 & ...Vol. 2.
Alternate Title:Wolverine: What If?, Vol. 1 & ...Vol. 2.
Vol. 1 Collecting 8 Issues:
Vol. 2 Collecting 9 Issues:
Covers: (click to enlarge)
Vol 1 TPB Cover: What If (1989) #7
Vol 2 TPB Cover: What If (1989) #59

There's a couple of things I like about Volume 1: 1) It begins and ends with variations on the first battle between Wolverine and the Hulk. 2) I presented these issues in order of publication, so it just worked out that #6, 24 & 37 were all in the same volume. I like that, because I included #6 (an X-Men issue) because it related to Inferno, so it ties in with #37, which is a variation on #24. That's not really huge, but I like it that it's all in one volume, without having to move issues out of order. Volume 2 is a bit more of a mix, but still a bunch of cool stories.

For the Volume 1 cover, I'd go with What If? (1989) #7. That cover of Wolverine as a SHIELD agent was a big hit, because it took fans back to the story of Daredevil as an agent of SHIELD, from What If? (1977) #28. For the Volume 2 cover, I'd go with the '89 series #59, with Wolverine leading Alpha Flight, and standing over downed X-Men. I would have gone with the issue #111 cover, of Wolverine as the Horseman of War, leaping at the reader, but I don't like the curved claws. Yeah, I'm picky like that sometimes.

Update:

11/8/12: I added the 2011 one-shot, What If? Wolverine: Father, to Volume 2. It's a cool little story of what might have happened, had Logan found Daken as a baby.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More Wubi:

Back/ Next#DateWhich WUBI will it be:
Back:910/05/10What If? Thor
Next:1110/05/10What If? Punisher

Want more WUBI?ViewTheIndex
Full WUBI Index:(numerical order)(alphabetical order)(categorized)

Thanks again!

#1 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Definately.

#2 Posted by cbishop (8219 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern: Yeah, I think a lot of people would snap these up, because hey, it is Wolverine.  It's also a pretty cool group of stories.  (BTW, love the screen name) ;)
#3 Posted by BreakingTheFourthWall (23 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop:
I like reading Wolverine.  
I like "What If" stories.  
I'd buy this. :)    
#4 Posted by cbishop (8219 posts) - - Show Bio

BreakingTheFourthWall: I think Wolverine still sells books like crazy, so I think a *lot*of people would buy this. Obviously, I'd like to see it, since I made the WUBI on it, but I do think they'd be cool. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.