Wolvie's teeth?

Posted by Jayso4201 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

Why aren't Logan's teeth made out of adamantium like the rest of his bones? Thoughts, feedback?

#1 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

because teeth aren't bones

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: but they are part of the skeleton (not sure if they're bones) theoretically they should have been covered with the rest of his skull

#3 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they excluded them from the process so he wouldn't look like Jaws from the James Bond series. He was intended for covert ops and assassination, after all.

#4 Posted by Jayso4201 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what I thought.

#5 Posted by Obtrusive (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, teeth are bones, they are made out of the exact same material. I figured that they did have adamantium, they just made it so it didn't show.

#6 Posted by DragonflyBoy (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, Wolverine needs a sweet grill!

#7 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

He paints them white. Matt for regular days and gloss when he's feeling showbiz.

#8 Posted by Arevish (297 posts) - - Show Bio

The tooth's rod is connected to the gingiva by the nerves. No metter how hard the theeths are, if they hit u hard u can lose a tooth, it would be a waste of adamantium

Sorry for bad english

#9 Posted by Jayso4201 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

He paints them white. Matt for regular days and gloss when he's feeling showbiz.

Wow I was unaware of that!

#10 Posted by Jayso4201 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arevish said:

The tooth's rod is connected to the gingiva by the nerves. No metter how hard the theeths are, if they hit u hard u can lose a tooth, it would be a waste of adamantium

Sorry for bad english

That makes more sense!

#11 Posted by Obtrusive (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arevish: but they are still the same material as bone. If he lost a tooth could he just put it back? would his gums heal back over the tooth and fill it in?

#12 Posted by Jayso4201 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@Obtrusive: Yeah, that's a good question! Or does he grow them back? I know that if his bones get broken they will mend, but what if he loses something altogether?

#13 Posted by frogjitsu (477 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayso4201: See Age of Apocalypse's Wolverine. He lost his hand and it didn't grow back.

#14 Posted by Jayso4201 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

True didn't think of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.