Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverines regeneration? What?

• 156 results
    Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Baby Girl

by the way, how did wolverine recover from the time that the hulk ripped his body in half and how long did it take him?

Intervener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Intervener

He had to find the other half and hold it together for it to heal. (I just know this even though I didn't read it).

Wolverine can recover from virtually anything, other than his head being removed from his body.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Baby Girl says:

"by the way, how did wolverine recover from the time that the hulk ripped his body in half and how long did it take him?"

That actually happened in the Ultimate Universe, and they havent finished the fight.

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Baby Girl

I haven't read the book, but I saw pics in the Wolverine photo gallery so I just assumed that it was over. What do u guys think 'bout Hugh Jackman makin' a Wolverine spin-off movie to the XMen Triligy?
    Post Edited:2007-04-26 13:38:25
    Post Edited:2007-04-30 13:33:51

Veras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Veras

Maybe Wolverine's healing facter is like the Superman Cluase. And for those who don't know what that is, The Superman Clause: Is a clause that states that Superman has no actually Strength or power level but is rather as strong and as powerful as the story needs him to be. quoted from One

on the http://159886.aceboard.net/i-159886.htm fourms.

Well maybe Wolerine's healing facter is like that. It is as strong as it needs to be for him to get though the story.

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Baby Girl

Post Deleted.

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Baby Girl

that is so true cause the writers do what they think will make a good story rather than just ask a person who is a true fan, cause sometimes the story sucks and sometimes the story is really good. it just depends on the writers and editors.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DEADPOOL

Hey, that reminds me, how did Wolverine's non-adamantium joints survive Nuke's explosion? Wolverine's bones should had been flying everywhere like a Mortal Kombat fatality.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By DEADPOOL

Baby Girl says:

"What do u guys think 'bout Hugh Jackman makin' a Wolverine spin-off movie to the XMen Triligy?

I think it's a wonder opportunity to include Deadpool and other Weapon-Xers. Deadpool could start off as Wolverine's enemy, but quickly become an unlikely ally... like a buddy movie.

Post Edited:2007-05-17 11:07:01

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#110  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

DEADPOOL says:

"Hey, that reminds me, how did Wolverine's non-adamantium joints survive Nuke's explosion? Wolverine's bones should had been flying everywhere like a Mortal Kombat fatality. "

I've wondered about the joints and stuff, I've even brought it up in battles, but I never pictured a Mortal Kombat fatality. Hilarious.

DEADPOOL says:

"Baby Girl says:
    "What do u guys think 'bout Hugh Jackman makin' a Wolverine spin-off movie to the XMen Triligy?

I think it's a wonder opportunity to include Deadpool and other Weapon-Xers. Deadpool could start off as Wolverine's enemy, but quickly become an unlikely ally... like a buddy movie.

Post Edited:2007-05-17 11:07:01"

Deadpool and Wolverine in a mutant buddy movie. I'd watch that. Great idea.

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Baby Girl

Pretty neat

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DEADPOOL

Buckshot says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "Hey, that reminds me, how did Wolverine's non-adamantium joints survive Nuke's explosion? Wolverine's bones should had been flying everywhere like a Mortal Kombat fatality. "

I've wondered about the joints and stuff, I've even brought it up in battles, but I never pictured a Mortal Kombat fatality. Hilarious.

DEADPOOL says:

"Baby Girl says:

Post Edited:2007-05-17 11:07:01"

Deadpool and Wolverine in a mutant buddy movie. I'd watch that. Great idea."

People do forget about Wolverine's joints... and I just remembered them months after the whole Nuke/regrowing from a brain thing. I guess I was more focused on the absurdity of Wolverine magically becoming Deadpool, lol.

Yeah... Deadpool would be like Mel Gibson in "Lethal Weapon" and Wolverine would be like Bruce Willis in "Die Hard."

Veras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Veras

Well that brings up the point. Wolvie survived because his brain was protected by his skull, but if Deadpool went against him, he would be toast would he not? i'm not to up to date with his healing factor. but once again i think it just comes down to the Wolvierine Clause.

As for the joints, one would think that the adamatium covering the bone would keep it safe, just like his brain.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Adamantium isn't indestructible, it can be melted down, he should have been killed when a juiced up Nitro exploded but yet he survived. What about Days of Future Past? He was killed when he was blasted point blank by a Sentinal but his skeleton remained. Wolverine's healing factor is so incunsistent it makes me sick.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By DEADPOOL

Veras says:

"Well that brings up the point. Wolvie survived because his brain was protected by his skull, but if Deadpool went against him, he would be toast would he not? i'm not to up to date with his healing factor. but once again i think it just comes down to the Wolvierine Clause.As for the joints, one would think that the adamatium covering the bone would keep it safe, just like his brain."

But his brain shouldn't have really been protected because the eye sockets, nasal cavity, and ear canals go straight to the brain.

It's unknown what would happen to Deadpool in that circumstance. Before Deadpool was cursed with immortality, it was believed that only thing that could permanently kill Deadpool was complete disintegration... and I think a full powered boom from Nuke would do the trick.

But, like I said, that was before he was cursed with immortality. Now Deadpool doesn't even need his organs to function (but he does need his head, for obvious reasons). The same blast could had permanently killed Deadpool, or the curse could come into effect and we'd have Deadpool either magically appearing somewhere, or regrowing from some drops of blood or shredded skin laying around... who knows?

But honestly, I don't think Deadpool would have given Nuke the chance to go boom.

Gambler says:

"Adamantium isn't indestructible, it can be melted down, he should have been killed when a juiced up Nitro exploded but yet he survived. What about Days of Future Past? He was killed when he was blasted point blank by a Sentinal but his skeleton remained. Wolverine's healing factor is so incunsistent it makes me sick."

Me too. But we remember the good ol' days before Wolverine was invincible and took a few hours or even a day to heal from severe injuries.

Heck, he's only officially supposed to be able to lift 800lbs, but he was shown lifting roughly 2,160lbs. over his head with one arm! But, glorified (and just bad) writing is a perk of being an A-list character.

Post Edited:2007-05-18 12:15:13

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By zero edge

Gambler says:

"Adamantium isn't indestructible, it can be melted down, he should have been killed when a juiced up Nitro exploded but yet he survived. What about Days of Future Past? He was killed when he was blasted point blank by a Sentinal but his skeleton remained. Wolverine's healing factor is so incunsistent it makes me sick."

Maybe those blasts weren't hot enough? It has to be at 1500 degrees fahrenheit.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Go back and look at the issue, it was way more powerful then a blast from a Sentinel, my point isn't really the adamantium, but the inconsistency of his regeneration.

Veras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Veras

What we have to remember is that, his abilities change with each story and each writer. I think most of this is because unlike some mutants his abilities where never really defined. there is so much play avalable, with mutants like Cyclops, you know what he can do, he shoots concusive beams out of his eyes. with Storm she can control the weather. there is only so much you can do to stretch powers like that. Most people know what the weather can do, and the power of Cy's beam has been well astablished. Yet there is nothing saying that a writer can't change their powers to suit a story.

I feel that it is also a way to keep him modern and cool. With all the new mutants and powers that are being introduced, they might feel that they have to do something to keep wolverine on the "edge" so that he still has that bass a@@ quality to him.

In the end i think that we could go back and forth and back and forth forever. Wolverine is what he is, and what the writes want him to be, and what you yourself want him to be, and i think that that is the way a comic book hero should be.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Thats BS, for years and I mean years, Wolverine had a HEALING FACTOR, he could heal from wounds that would kill most people. These wounds were gun shots, stabbings, cuts, blunt trauma, he would heal but it used to take him a couple days and even weeks in some cases. Now apparently he feels no pain and can take a shotgun blast to the face and not skip a beat. I have no problem with him regenerating from Nitro's blast, but it took one page, one %$#@ing page and he was back kicking ass.

He went from the small guy with lots of fight, to an immortal god.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By zero edge

Gambler says:

"Thats BS, for years and I mean years, Wolverine had a HEALING FACTOR, he could heal from wounds that would kill most people. These wounds were gun shots, stabbings, cuts, blunt trauma, he would heal but it used to take him a couple days and even weeks in some cases. Now apparently he feels no pain and can take a shotgun blast to the face and not skip a beat. I have no problem with him regenerating from Nitro's blast, but it took one page, one %$#@ing page and he was back kicking ass.He went from the small guy with lots of fight, to an immortal god."

I'm gunna have to agree with Gambler on that... Wolverine's regeneration has become more and more powerful over years.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Prodigal Son

zeroEDGE says:

"Gambler says:
    "Thats BS, for years and I mean years, Wolverine had a HEALING FACTOR, he could heal from wounds that would kill most people. These wounds were gun shots, stabbings, cuts, blunt trauma, he would heal but it used to take him a couple days and even weeks in some cases. Now apparently he feels no pain and can take a shotgun blast to the face and not skip a beat. I have no problem with him regenerating from Nitro's blast, but it took one page, one %$#@ing page and he was back kicking ass.He went from the small guy with lots of fight, to an immortal god."

I'm gunna have to agree with Gambler on that... Wolverine's regeneration has become more and more powerful over years."

Actually, I think it's the writers who have become less and less imaginative over the years.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By GambitO

I heard from my big brother that wolverine can regenerate wounds. Is this true? I don't believe him. Duh! wolverine is based on an animal, a wolverine cat, and wolverines don't regenerate.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By The_Ghostshell

GambitO says:

"I heard from my big brother that wolverine can regenerate wounds. Is this true? I don't believe him. Duh! wolverine is based on an animal, a wolverine cat, and wolverines don't regenerate.
    " />http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/0610/Wolv484.jpg"

My god man, are you for real? You cant be serious.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By zero edge

GambitO says:

"I heard from my big brother that wolverine can regenerate wounds. Is this true? I don't believe him. Duh! wolverine is based on an animal, a wolverine cat, and wolverines don't regenerate.
    " />http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/0610/Wolv484.jpg"

Dude just look at the picture.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Pretty sure he's just responding to the original post. He put it in his post so the question is with the answer.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Pretty sure he's just responding to the original post. He put it in his post so the question is with the answer."

Okay, good thing your here.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm always here.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By DEADPOOL

Prurience Man says:

"zeroEDGE says:
    "Gambler says:

I'm gunna have to agree with Gambler on that... Wolverine's regeneration has become more and more powerful over years."

Actually, I think it's the writers who have become less and less imaginative over the years."

I think it's both, lol.

GambitO says:

"I heard from my big brother that wolverine can regenerate wounds. Is this true? I don't believe him. Duh! wolverine is based on an animal, a wolverine cat, and wolverines don't regenerate."

Actually, a wolverine is part of the weasel family.

Post Edited:2007-05-18 20:34:34

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Baby Girl

Back on the whole joints regeneration thing, if we are not off it yet, I think that due to Wolverine's healing factor, his joints might even stay in tact depending on how fast the authors and editors want him to heal. It might also depend on the situation that he is in, like whether or not he has enough time to reheal himself fully or not.

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Baby Girl

Post Deleted.

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#131  Edited By Bane_delete

fix that

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#132  Edited By fesak  Moderator

GambitO says:

"I heard from my big brother that wolverine can regenerate wounds. Is this true? I don't believe him. Duh! wolverine is based on an animal, a wolverine cat, and wolverines don't regenerate."

Actually, a wolverine is part of the weasel family.

And that only makes the recent Wolverine arc more stupid. Wolverine would be closer related to Vermin than Feral or Sasquatch.

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Baby Girl

Post Deleted.

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Baby Girl

The Real Nova says:

"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1440/185519-wolverine_400.jpg fix that"

OH! Hhe can alright! Hasn't he done that already?

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#135  Edited By Constantine

The Snuffler says:

"Plz don't be rude. Of cours i know that George Washington is dead, he was after all the first man to lead the americans continental army to victory over britain in the revolutionary war, duh-.I just want to learn more about awesome superheroes like wolverine, silversurfer, The Hulk, Marvel Man, Mole Man and the fantastic fourz.:-)How much can wolverine regenerate? What's the baddest wound you've seen him recover from?"

ripped in half by the hulk

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

Most common death amongst superhero life insurance sales men.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By DEADPOOL

fesak says:

DEADPOOL says:

"Actually, a wolverine is part of the weasel family."

"And that only makes the recent Wolverine arc more stupid. Wolverine would be closer related to Vermin than Feral or Sasquatch. "

Which is why I've always wondered why Wolverine generally sports tiger-looking costumes.

A wolverine.

Post Edited:2007-05-30 15:46:50

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

Not big enough for "The Tiger", so his little sister picked his name out for him. Originally it was gonna be "Princess Bob."

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Octagon Enigma

Well, Wolverines don't look cool, but they're ferocious, like the Wolverine, his stature is unassuming, but he's crazy. Oh, by the way, I'm home!

Avatar image for illkidspaidamonki
    IllKidSpaidamonki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really think that the Healing factor thing is played out. A drop of blood!? Sheesh! Whatsamatter with diz Marvel Guys? Almost a quarter of their characters have healing factor, and CAN YOU GUESS HOW MANY GOT SOME KINDA ADAMANTIUM in their arsenal?... yeah,... you guessed write - One too many. It's not ALL about power. Get a good story and build believable characters around them.

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Baby Girl

First of all, you spelled the word "right" wrong. Second of all, he's awesome and I really don't care how many people in the Marvel Comics have the healing factor; because Wolverine's the best hands down.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Phorqe

You guys couldn't have just said "Check Wikipedia" and left the thread alone, huh?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If we're just going to refer everyone to wikipedia, what's the point of comic vine?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Valkaad

Phorqe says:

"You guys couldn't have just said "Check Wikipedia" and left the thread alone, huh?"

Wikipedia is notoriously wrong about comic book things. Example: last I heard wikipedia states that Captain America's shield doesn't have adamantium in it, which totally contradicts the Marvel Universe. Too many fanboys go on wikipedia and change things to the way they want them.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Octagon Freak

Valkaad says:

"Phorqe says:
    "You guys couldn't have just said "Check Wikipedia" and left the thread alone, huh?"
    Wikipedia is notoriously wrong about comic book things. Example: last I heard wikipedia states that Captain America's shield doesn't have adamantium in it, which totally contradicts the Marvel Universe. Too many fanboys go on wikipedia and change things to the way they want them."

Good point, because someone brought that up here once in another thread, and I had to beat them down about it.

Baby Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Baby Girl

Buckshot says:

"If we're just going to refer everyone to wikipedia, what's the point of comic vine?"

Exactly!!!!!!!

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Valkaad

Octagon Freak says:

"Valkaad says:
    "Phorqe says:
    Wikipedia is notoriously wrong about comic book things. Example: last I heard wikipedia states that Captain America's shield doesn't have adamantium in it, which totally contradicts the Marvel Universe. Too many fanboys go on wikipedia and change things to the way they want them."
    Good point, because someone brought that up here once in another thread, and I had to beat them down about it."

Yeah I was there to

we

that guy

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Octagon Freak

Valkaad says:

"Octagon Freak says:
    "Valkaad says:
    "Phorqe says:
    Good point, because someone brought that up here once in another thread, and I had to beat them down about it."
    Yeah I was there to we that guy "

That guy made about as much sense as this.

WTF?

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Phorqe

I know wikipedia isn't the most reliable source, but it does mention regeneration and has examples.

it's just me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By it's just me

year later the volcano dies some sic guy finds the body thay clone him with his memores .and IT'S ALIVE.YA;P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.