Wolverine's intelligence

#1 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody talks about Logan's fighting skills or his healing factor. But where is Logan in terms of intelligence? I know he's not a super genius or anything but has Wolverine done anything particularly brilliant?

#2 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I remember a scan of wolverine saying he can play 5 people at once during chess.It's a really vague memory. I don't know if it's real.

#3 Posted by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: i believe forge said it , cant remember where though.

#4 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be quite smart due to his advanced age but usually comes by more as wise. He usually play's wise grandpa to younger X-men like Jubilee and Cannonball. I would say above adverage nothing spactacular.

#5 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

He has a ton of experience and education. Interestingly enough, he also has excellent memory.

#6 Posted by God_Spawn (38312 posts) - - Show Bio

Smarter than your average badger.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by CrimsonCake (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

I would put his I.Q at 165

#8 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put his I.Q at 150

#9 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike that the writers made him a genius. He always came off to me as average when I read classic uncanny.

#10 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: Yeah he came off as being between a caveman and a red-neck in intelligence back in the day.

#11 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows said:

He has a ton of experience and education. Interestingly enough, he also has excellent memory.

plus, he reads a lot of books!

#12 Posted by Jeanniebird (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

I think I remember a scan of wolverine saying he can play 5 people at once during chess.It's a really vague memory. I don't know if it's real.

I Do you mean this (Wolverine 51)?

I think you should never underestimate him, although he normally comes across more muscle than brain. I think you need some smarts to survive in his line of work...

On the other hand, I hate it if a character is idolized just because of fame. In that regard I completely agree with moywar700. He isn't a genius.

#13 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jeanniebird said:

@moywar700 said:

I Do you mean this (Wolverine 51)?

I think you should never underestimate him, although he normally comes across more muscle than brain. I think you need some smarts to survive in his line of work...

On the other hand, I hate it if a character is idolized just because of fame. In that regard I completely agree with moywar700. He isn't a genius.

I don't remember but it wasn't in this artwork.

#14 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

I like my Canadian plan and tactically wise but generally average with perhaps a slightly higher IQ than average.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.