Wolverine's height

#1 Posted by Vultron (15 posts) - - Show Bio

How come he is listed as 5 foot 3 while he looks much taller than that in basiclly all the comics? I would assume that his black and yellow tiger outfit makes him a few inches taller due to the boots and the mask with 2 pointy ear things..

#2 Posted by Lord's Angel (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

You're looking to hard........nah he is about the same height as most of the X-force girls.

#3 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Lord's Angel said:
"You're looking to hard........nah he is about the same height as most of the X-force girls."

He's actually 5 ft 3 when both Wolfsbane and X-23 are 5ft 6.

#4 Posted by Lord's Angel (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Dom?

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Lord's Angel said:
"What about Dom?"
5ft 8.
#6 Posted by Lord's Angel (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang. Love tall chicks. lol

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Lord's Angel said:
"Dang. Love tall chicks. lol"
5ft 8 isn't tall.
#8 Posted by The Hunter (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

It's one reason some people didn't want Hugh Jackman to play the role of Wolverine.  He's over 6 feet tall.  Personally though, I like the twist Jackman put on the character. 

Yeah..... I'm just psyched about the movie coming out, lol.

#9 Posted by Lord's Angel (1093 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Lord's Angel said:
"Dang. Love tall chicks. lol"
5ft 8 isn't tall.
"
For a chick it is. OK maybe not tall but taller than average.

The Hunter
said:
"It's one reason some people didn't want Hugh Jackman to play the role of Wolverine.  He's over 6 feet tall.  Personally though, I like the twist Jackman put on the character.  Yeah..... I'm just psyched about the movie coming out, lol."
Yeah I didn't want Hugh cause of the height. But he needs to put on a F$%$ing mask in this movie!
#10 Posted by The Hunter (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't go wrong with this look, lol.

#11 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

basically wolverine should be drawn as the following description.....................Shorter than avg. male heroes (6 ft tall) and one inch shorter than some female heroes but same height as most avg female heroes.

It really doesnt matter that hes listed at 5 ft 3 in cause in drawn comics that stat doesnt really translate well. If the artists follow the description I listed he should look right.

#12 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

He is this tall

#13 Posted by Vultron (15 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by wolverine9981 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

O.K. Jubilee is listed as 5'5, and in every picture i've ever seen of the two of them together he's at least two inches above her. I can see him being 5'7 or5'8,but 5'3 that's a little drastic. Due to the way he's drawn in comics and jackman being over 6 feet Marvel should just(officially) give him at least four or five more inches.

#15 Edited by Psychotime (623 posts) - - Show Bio

He's short 'cause he's a wolverine.

Artists need to be consistent, but everyone draws him the way they want to.

Who drew that picture above me? Denys Cowan?

#16 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio
The Hunter said:
"It's one reason some people didn't want Hugh Jackman to play the role of Wolverine.  He's over 6 feet tall.  Personally though, I like the twist Jackman put on the character."
I just like Hugh Jackman...

In comics, I don't think a specific height matters...  height is relative to surroundings, and as long as it's consistent, why worry about numbers?
#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

he's shorter than Pixie

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

He's as tall as the writer wants him to be.

#19 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

he should be drawn around this height

#20 Posted by Dupe (1581 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does his face look like a cat in that picture..? :p

#21 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
castleking said:
he should be drawn around this height [more]

I think thats too short.....his sholder is like 1 foot lower than hers! he should be 1 inch shorter than TALL female heroes and taller than avg female heroes
#23 Posted by richardBriddick (31 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i think he shoudl really be listed at least 5'8" or 5'9"... but it really doesnt matter... he still is the best at what he does....or was now that daken came out

#24 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
castleking said:
I love everything about this.
#25 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
richardBriddick said:
lol i think he shoudl really be listed at least 5'8" or 5'9"... but it really doesnt matter... he still ... [more]
Daken is not a patch on Wolverine.
#26 Posted by richardBriddick (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: I'm not taking anything away from wolverine but he is his fathers son and wolverine's a little old now
#27 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
richardBriddick said:
@John Valentine: I'm not taking anything away from wolverine but he is his fathers son and wolverine's a little old ... [more]
Yes you are, you're saying that his son, who is a fraction of his age witha fraction of his experience, is better than him.
#28 Posted by richardBriddick (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: ok ok bro ggeess chill out. I still say he should be taller. :D  (but back to your topic wolvi did get his ass handed to him by daken right?) and dont trip i stil like wolverine
#29 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
richardBriddick said:
@John Valentine: ok ok bro ggeess chill out. I still say he should be taller. :D  (but back to your ... [more]

That automatically means that Daken is better in every conceivable way? I think not.
#30 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
The Hunter said:
Can't go wrong with this look, lol. [more]
he is too tall
#31 Posted by richardBriddick (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: nope you are right on that one. he does have the knowledge that only time gives you
#32 Posted by lynx24 (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@richardBriddick: yea, wolverine did get owned by daken, and daken's claws that come out of his veins are super ba
#33 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that Wolverine isn't that tall. It shows size does not matter.
#34 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

that's actually tall for when he's from, In the 20's men where around 5'4'' so wolverine's Tall for the 1900's

#35 Posted by IrishX (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has him listed as 5'3" but....... 

His original appearance in Incredible Hulk #181 says that he is 5'5".
#36 Edited by Joey809 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

5'2.-5'3

#37 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care how short he's supposed to be, a lot of the time I see him as 5'7

#38 Edited by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of prefer him at that 5'7-5'8 or 9 ish height now anyways. Too accustomed to it now since no one really draws him to scale anymore anyway.

#39 Posted by Teerack (6382 posts) - - Show Bio

He's always shorter then all the other male characters and some of the bigger chicks. As an artist I can tell you trying to compare his height when he's not standing next to anyone is a fool's game.

#40 Posted by craig_white_86 (2 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Vitality (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

5'-2" / 5'-3" is so damn short.

I'm glad they don't draw him that way...or used an actor that short.

I think I'm short as hell, standing 5'-6".

#42 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.