Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16062 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine's healing factor = duplications of himself?

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I had been thinking about this for a while and I was wondering if Wolverine's healing factor would allow himself to duplicate if anyone had chopped off his head? I was reading Wolverine's page and reading under the header "Weaknesses". It said that his brain had to be intact for his healing factor to work, but then it said that he has been able to regenerate organs such as a heart. Would that mean he would be able to regenerate his brain?

So say if someone chopped off his head, the chopped off head could regenerate a body, and the body could regenerate a head, resulting in two Wolverines. Could this ever happen?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

if that ever happened in the comic i would honestly be violently sick...

just rename the character Lobo and get his change into a pure parody of what he used to be over and done with.

M

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Vrakmul

Darkchild says:

"Methos says:
    "if that ever happened in the comic i would honestly be violently sick...just rename the character Lobo and get his change into a pure parody of what he used to be over and done with.M"

yeah id throw away xmen forever"

I would throw the entire mutant concept in general away forever.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Methos says:

"if that ever happened in the comic i would honestly be violently sick...just rename the character Lobo and get his change into a pure parody of what he used to be over and done with.M"

That's probably why the writers have never done this. :P They have probably thought it up then thought, "... Nah!"
    Post Edited:2007-12-11 20:48:42

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Darkchild

Methos says:

yeah id throw away xmen forever

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Vrakmul

Ms. Invisible says:

"Methos says:

That's probably why the writers have never done this. :P They have probably thought it up then thought, "... Nah!"
    Post Edited:2007-12-11 20:48:42"

I bet they were preparing it for when wolverine fights the Fury mad jim jaspers combination Robot The adapting machine not the head of s.h.e.i.l.d

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Methos

bare in mind this is the same comic that now has wolverines reflexes as such a speed he can catch a round from a sniper rifle out of the air...

so his reflexes and muscles are moving at at least Quicksilver speed... possibly faster...

after seeing that, i wouldn't put Wolverines cloning ability past them

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

It would explain how he's able to be in every comic at once.

Methos says:

"bare in mind this is the same comic that now has wolverines reflexes as such a speed he can catch a round from a sniper rifle out of the air...M"

Where's he done that other than the Darkness crossover?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"Where's he done that other than the Darkness crossover?"

someone posted a pic of it a few days back, i'll see if i can find it again...

it didn't look like it was from the Darkness crossover, but i might be wrong

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Darkchild

iwan says:

"Didn't he regenerate from a single cell ? Just cut him up in to pieces, and you get lots of Wolverines.. theoretically."

i thought when he got crispafied in Civil War it was really stretching the line. i mean he was BONE.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Darkchild

Buckshot says:

"iwan says:
    "Didn't he regenerate from a single cell ? Just cut him up in to pieces, and you get lots of Wolverines.. theoretically."

Special case that involved magic."

Wasnt that in Heralds

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iwan

Didn't he regenerate from a single cell ? Just cut him up in to pieces, and you get lots of Wolverines.. theoretically.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

iwan says:

Special case that involved magic.

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iwan

Buckshot says:

"iwan says:
    Special case that involved magic."

Thank god for that. A little respect for the character just got restored in me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.