Wolverine's healing factor = duplications of himself?

#1 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I had been thinking about this for a while and I was wondering if Wolverine's healing factor would allow himself to duplicate if anyone had chopped off his head? I was reading Wolverine's page and reading under the header "Weaknesses". It said that his brain had to be intact for his healing factor to work, but then it said that he has been able to regenerate organs such as a heart. Would that mean he would be able to regenerate his brain?

So say if someone chopped off his head, the chopped off head could regenerate a body, and the body could regenerate a head, resulting in two Wolverines. Could this ever happen?

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

if that ever happened in the comic i would honestly be violently sick...

just rename the character Lobo and get his change into a pure parody of what he used to be over and done with.

M

#3 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"Methos says:
"if that ever happened in the comic i would honestly be violently sick...just rename the character Lobo and get his change into a pure parody of what he used to be over and done with.M"

yeah id throw away xmen forever"

I would throw the entire mutant concept in general away forever.

#4 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"if that ever happened in the comic i would honestly be violently sick...just rename the character Lobo and get his change into a pure parody of what he used to be over and done with.M"

That's probably why the writers have never done this. :P They have probably thought it up then thought, "... Nah!"
Post Edited:2007-12-11 20:48:42

#5 Posted by Darkchild (41429 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

yeah id throw away xmen forever

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"Methos says:

That's probably why the writers have never done this. :P They have probably thought it up then thought, "... Nah!"
Post Edited:2007-12-11 20:48:42"

I bet they were preparing it for when wolverine fights the Fury mad jim jaspers combination Robot The adapting machine not the head of s.h.e.i.l.d

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

bare in mind this is the same comic that now has wolverines reflexes as such a speed he can catch a round from a sniper rifle out of the air...

so his reflexes and muscles are moving at at least Quicksilver speed... possibly faster...

after seeing that, i wouldn't put Wolverines cloning ability past them

M

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

It would explain how he's able to be in every comic at once.

Methos says:

"bare in mind this is the same comic that now has wolverines reflexes as such a speed he can catch a round from a sniper rifle out of the air...M"

Where's he done that other than the Darkness crossover?

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Where's he done that other than the Darkness crossover?"

someone posted a pic of it a few days back, i'll see if i can find it again...

it didn't look like it was from the Darkness crossover, but i might be wrong

M

#10 Posted by Darkchild (41429 posts) - - Show Bio

iwan says:

"Didn't he regenerate from a single cell ? Just cut him up in to pieces, and you get lots of Wolverines.. theoretically."

i thought when he got crispafied in Civil War it was really stretching the line. i mean he was BONE.

#11 Posted by Darkchild (41429 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"iwan says:
"Didn't he regenerate from a single cell ? Just cut him up in to pieces, and you get lots of Wolverines.. theoretically."

Special case that involved magic."

Wasnt that in Heralds

#12 Posted by iwan (572 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't he regenerate from a single cell ? Just cut him up in to pieces, and you get lots of Wolverines.. theoretically.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

iwan says:

Special case that involved magic.

#14 Posted by iwan (572 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"iwan says:
Special case that involved magic."

Thank god for that. A little respect for the character just got restored in me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.