Wolverine's Adamantium Skeleton Question

#1 Posted by JonSmith (4007 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's generally agreed that Wolverine's healing factor is pretty strong, yes? And equally well known as his healing factor is the adamantium coating his bones, right? Here's my question: If you were to completely disintegrate all of Wolverine's body, excluding the nigh invulnerable adamantium coating his bones, wouldn't Wolverine's healing factor try to heal him from within his bone, but be blocked from outside by the (mostly) unbreakable adamantium, keeping him basically alive but trapped within the bones until said adamantium is removed so he can heal to normal?

Or am I missing something obvious, such as overestimating Wolverine's healing factor?

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (38229 posts) - - Show Bio

If I'm getting your question is basically should Wolverine be completely destroyed bodywise save for his skeleton, should he heal with his bones? The answer would be no. Wolverine has healed from a skeleton on 2-3 different occasions and the adamantium does not inhibit any bone functions.

That's if I understand your question though, this is first thing in the morning for me.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by XsPectre28 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

If I'm getting your question is basically should Wolverine be completely destroyed bodywise save for his skeleton, should he heal with his bones? The answer would be no. Wolverine has healed from a skeleton on 2-3 different occasions and the adamantium does not inhibit any bone functions.

That's if I understand your question though, this is first thing in the morning for me.

agreed, wolverine's healing factor kicks in the moment his body is under attack, a disintegration beam on full power for awhile would more efficient

#4 Posted by SoA (5096 posts) - - Show Bio

in a civil war one shot he was reduced to a skeleton but his brain was still intact and he grew everything back from the brain on , he said it took him 3-4 hours . i personally felt it was bs since past stories has him die when reduced to that state , but there it is .

#5 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2662 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine has healed from a skeleton on 2-3 different occasions and the adamantium does not inhibit any bone functions.

This.

#6 Edited by Fryhole3001 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Wolverine has healed from a skeleton on 2-3 different occasions and the adamantium does not inhibit any bone functions.

Agree with this, in uncanny x-force I can recall seeing half his body reduced to skeleton by Genocide (I think) and he just needed time for his healing factor to kick in.

#7 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

but where does the new mass come from when Logan takes large amounts of damage?

#8 Posted by Hus (79 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone read Deadpool kills Marvel Universe? one of my favorite parts was right be4 he killed wolverine and he stated that wolvie actually doesn't have a healing factor. his most powerful mutant power is popularity, hence why at times he can heal from a complete skeleton (really marvel?). There you have it folks...wolverine can heal from anything..ANYTHING..as long as it's to keep him in as many books as possible.

#9 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

Good points man. I think his bone marrow may mean he can always grow back,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.