Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine:father what if,almost a total downer

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dakens son

It's been a couple of weeks since I bought the comic and it rather left me a bit disappointed.
    And speaking of dissapointement ,let me just try to address some of the main factors of disatisfaction towards the title:
    On one hand you had Bucky Burns(aka winter soldier)dead which erases the entire captain america story afterwards,then Logan choosing the life of a hermit along his son(Daken baptised as John,worst choice of a name ever!!!!),erasing all the weapon x and alpha team ops. On the other hand you had sabretooths guest apearance just to be killed almost instantly by wolverine with the muramasa, then years passed like seconds and you have John turned into somekind of a psycopathinc "new kind"of Daken, who slaughters an entire tibetian monastery and then becomes from a thug the head of Yakuza just like that!!! On top of that--apart from the fact that Logan rejects Xaviers--the most anticipated match up of the book turns out to be the sortest of  battles eveeeer!!!!
    Is it me or we all were waiting for something better than a speculated mess of ifs and buts?Am I the only one who expected something a lot better than that or that was the most possible outcome in that scenario?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iLLituracy

You do know it was a "What if...?" issue, right? It doesn't take place in the 616 universe.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

This was probably the best "What If?" of the year. In truth, anything with Daken's going to be sub par.

GLforHIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GLforHIRE
    @Dakens son said:
    "It's been a couple of weeks since I bought the comic and it rather left me a bit disappointed. And speaking of dissapointement ,let me just try to address some of the main factors of disatisfaction towards the title:On one hand you had Bucky Burns(aka winter soldier)dead which erases the entire captain america story afterwards,then Logan choosing the life of a hermit along his son(Daken baptised as John,worst choice of a name ever!!!!),erasing all the weapon x and alpha team ops. On the other hand you had sabretooths guest apearance just to be killed almost instantly by wolverine with the muramasa, then years passed like seconds and you have John turned into somekind of a psycopathinc "new kind"of Daken, who slaughters an entire tibetian monastery and then becomes from a thug the head of Yakuza just like that!!! On top of that--apart from the fact that Logan rejects Xaviers--the most anticipated match up of the book turns out to be the sortest of  battles eveeeer!!!! Is it me or we all were waiting for something better than a speculated mess of ifs and buts?Am I the only one who expected something a lot better than that or that was the most possible outcome in that scenario? "

I actually co-sign with what you said...a "what if" or not, the majority of the comic was just babble about how hard life was with this amish type wolverine with nothing exciting...all the fights were like one move kills. then on top of that, daken pretty much turns out the same.   Id rather read the venompool stuff in the back lol
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dakens son
    @iLLituracy said:
    " You do know it was a "What if...?" issue, right? It doesn't take place in the 616 universe. "
    Yeah!
    thats why the word"speculated" was written!
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dakens son
    @GLforHIRE said:
    " @Dakens son said:
    "It's been a couple of weeks since I bought the comic and it rather left me a bit disappointed. And speaking of dissapointement ,let me just try to address some of the main factors of disatisfaction towards the title:On one hand you had Bucky Burns(aka winter soldier)dead which erases the entire captain america story afterwards,then Logan choosing the life of a hermit along his son(Daken baptised as John,worst choice of a name ever!!!!),erasing all the weapon x and alpha team ops. On the other hand you had sabretooths guest apearance just to be killed almost instantly by wolverine with the muramasa, then years passed like seconds and you have John turned into somekind of a psycopathinc "new kind"of Daken, who slaughters an entire tibetian monastery and then becomes from a thug the head of Yakuza just like that!!! On top of that--apart from the fact that Logan rejects Xaviers--the most anticipated match up of the book turns out to be the sortest of  battles eveeeer!!!! Is it me or we all were waiting for something better than a speculated mess of ifs and buts?Am I the only one who expected something a lot better than that or that was the most possible outcome in that scenario? "
    I actually co-sign with what you said...a "what if" or not, the majority of the comic was just babble about how hard life was with this amish type wolverine with nothing exciting...all the fights were like one move kills. then on top of that, daken pretty much turns out the same.   Id rather read the venompool stuff in the back lol "
    100% agreed,venompool was better!
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Dakens son said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " You do know it was a "What if...?" issue, right? It doesn't take place in the 616 universe. "
    Yeah! thats why the word"speculated" was written! "
    I was confused because you seem more worried about what was rewritten out like Wolverine joining the X-Men, Daken's name and the Winter Soldier dying than the actual story itself. I personally didn't enjoy it, but it has no effect on what happens in regular continuity, so I figure it's nothing to get angry over, either.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dakens son
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @Dakens son said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    Yeah! thats why the word"speculated" was written! "
    I was confused because you seem more worried about what was rewritten out like Wolverine joining the X-Men, Daken's name and the Winter Soldier dying than the actual story itself. I personally didn't enjoy it, but it has no effect on what happens in regular continuity, so I figure it's nothing to get angry over, either. "
    What I wanted to say is that I'd like it to be more than one issue .
    It was a bit urgent for such huge changes in a possible marvel universe.
    I was expecting a lot more as big fan of Dakens character : (
    GLforHIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GLforHIRE

it honestly just made him look whiney and still made wolverine look badass since he kills everyone like their nothing

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

When it comes to What If...? I know we're in for yet another downer.  They always end in terrible ways, just to make the regular Earth-616 look like a good place to live...  For once I'd like to see What If... They Lived Happily Ever After? ;)

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dakens son
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " When it comes to What If...? I know we're in for yet another downer.  They always end in terrible ways, just to make the regular Earth-616 look like a good place to live...  For once I'd like to see What If... They Lived Happily Ever After? ;) "
    Or : what if?...the princess kissed Rubelstinkin instead of the frog!!!
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By HellionVulcan

I read that & was let down massively art was also bad .

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By SladeRogers

Dude, I totally agree. Then you gotta look at it, Daken (or John) turned bad because his father lied to him which I could've understood if they were enormous lies, something like Logan killed his mother or something, but they weren't. Sabretooth showin' up was bound to be, but couldn't it have been better than that? Like actually let Daken fight his estranged uncle. Another thing is the length. WE GET ONE FRIGGIN' ISSUE FOR THE WHAT IF ALMOST EVERYBODY WANTED TO SEE?! I mean that'[s crap to me. Marvel is losing it's touch. And there's no way he should've killed Bucky that easily, Bucky can take Logan on any given day. As for Daken's takeover of Japan, I can understand in all honesty. But, Logan simply comin' in there with the muramasa blade and killin' him like that is such a blowhard. They could've at least had Logan try to pul the blade and Daken knoocks it from his hands which causes them to fight claws-to-claws, but no, they kill him off as quicklyas possible. I would rather have read the soemthing about vampires than read that issue..... and I really dislike vampires.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dakens son
    @SladeRogers said:
    "
    Dude, I totally agree. Then you gotta look at it, Daken (or John) turned bad because his father lied to him which I could've understood if they were enormous lies, something like Logan killed his mother or something, but they weren't. Sabretooth showin' up was bound to be, but couldn't it have been better than that? Like actually let Daken fight his estranged uncle. Another thing is the length. WE GET ONE FRIGGIN' ISSUE FOR THE WHAT IF ALMOST EVERYBODY WANTED TO SEE?! I mean that'[s crap to me. Marvel is losing it's touch. And there's no way he should've killed Bucky that easily, Bucky can take Logan on any given day. As for Daken's takeover of Japan, I can understand in all honesty. But, Logan simply comin' in there with the muramasa blade and killin' him like that is such a blowhard. They could've at least had Logan try to pul the blade and Daken knoocks it from his hands which causes them to fight claws-to-claws, but no, they kill him off as quicklyas possible. I would rather have read the soemthing about vampires than read that issue..... and I really dislike vampires. "
    Well apart from the fact that Bucky doesn't stand a chance against Wolvie or Daken,I totally agree with you bro.
    Four of marvel's biggest jaw brakers in one issue and everyone died in a minute!
    I mean Wolverine vs bucky vs sabretouth vs Daken in one issue only?
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

Venompool was hilarious.

Peter Parker killed by Billy Ocean and screaming "SAVE ME, LORD MEPHISTO" made me LOL.

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dakens son
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Venompool was hilarious.  Peter Parker killed by Billy Ocean and screaming "SAVE ME, LORD MEPHISTO" made me LOL. "
    You can say that again bub!
    four awesome issues!!!
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SladeRogers
    @Dakens son:
    Okay, the Bucky part may have been a little off. I mean if they wanted to make it really interesting, they should've had Wolverine take up Xavier's offer and he raises Daken alongside the X-Men where he (much like his father) falls for Jean and when she dies he goes off the deep end feeling it was the X-men's fault that Jean was dead and then goes and takes over things. Now that would've been kinda interesting if you ask me.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dakens son
    @SladeRogers said:
    " @Dakens son: Okay, the Bucky part may have been a little off. I mean if they wanted to make it really interesting, they should've had Wolverine take up Xavier's offer and he raises Daken alongside the X-Men where he (much like his father) falls for Jean and when she dies he goes off the deep end feeling it was the X-men's fault that Jean was dead and then goes and takes over things. Now that would've been kinda interesting if you ask me. "
    havent'thought about that.
    it's sounds better but again not in one issue only.
    if you ask me  3 or 4 could have been a lot better.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@InnerVenom123 said:
    " Venompool was hilarious.  Peter Parker killed by Billy Ocean and screaming "SAVE ME, LORD MEPHISTO" made me LOL. "
    Oh my god, I need a scan of that.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By spidey 15

I honestly hate what ifs? 
    They always have a terrible end and someone as to actually die( in most of them ). 
    Some are pretty poorly written as well. 
    I really hate them... 
    >__<

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SladeRogers
    @Dakens son:
    Of course, maybe 6 to 7 issues would have done Wolverine and Daken more justice. Daken could've still gotten the muramasa blade attached to his claws and he teams with Sabretooth so they can take down Logan then when they confront Logan, Daken kills Victor which leaves father and son to fight it out. Logan would have what's left of the muranasa blade and they end up killing each other, Logan using his last bit of strength to grab Daken's hand as a gesture from his "birth".
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dakens son
    @SladeRogers said:
    " @Dakens son: Of course, maybe 6 to 7 issues would have done Wolverine and Daken more justice. Daken could've still gotten the muramasa blade attached to his claws and he teams with Sabretooth so they can take down Logan then when they confront Logan, Daken kills Victor which leaves father and son to fight it out. Logan would have what's left of the muranasa blade and they end up killing each other, Logan using his last bit of strength to grab Daken's hand as a gesture from his "birth". "
    Sounds pretty cool to me!
    They could have atlist make an issue for every big moment:
    1st logan against bucky
    2nd sabretooth agains logan and daken etc etc etc.
    I mean you had three of the biggest brawlers killed in one single issue
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SladeRogers
    @Dakens son:
    Exactly. Here's what they could've done; 
    Issue #1; Logan comes home to Itsu mudered. Picks up Winter Soldier's scent and tracks him down into the woods or something, they fight and Bucky gets away very, very barely. Logan returns home to mourn his wife, hears his son's heartbeat and cuts him from his mother's womb. 
    Issue #2; Shows how Logan raises John (dumb name either way it goes), farming land in Tibet (not the best idea but hey) then he is contacted by Xavier. Logan gives it some thought, decides that maybe his son should be around their own kind and accepts the offer. 
    Issue #3; Shows how Daken interacts with his peers as well as a growing infactuation with Jean much like his father (of course causing static between Cyclops and both father and son). Logan watches over his son carefully noticing a small and covert change, he brushes it off. 
    Issue #4; In a Danger Room session with the rest of the X-Men, Daken shows his aggression when one of the simulated enemies attack Jean, revealing his violent nature. He swiftly apologizes for hiks behavior and dismisses himself from the training session. He leaves the mansion to do some thinking and he's confronted by Sabretooth, who he quickly dispatches after a brief battle, leaving with a dark grin on his face. 
    Issue #5; Fast forward to years later, to the event where Jean sacrifices herself for the rest of the team. Daken watches as the woman he believes he loves dies. As the X-Men depart from the scene, Daken's whole attitude change and when they return to the mansion he leaves in the midst of the night. 
    Issue #6; Daken returns to Japan where he trains with it's greatest masters (of course to kill them shortly after), and he cuts his hair into mohawk style and gets his tattoo (a phoenix instead of a dragon in memoration of Jean). Daken remembers tales his father told him of a blade that can stop healing factors, he goes in search of this blade and has a piece of it attached to his wrist claws. 
    Issue #7; Daken learns of his father coming for him, he sends him the rest of the blade as a message. When Logan arrives in Japan, he's first attacked by Sabretooth who tells him how he is of Daken (suggesting he's more of a monster than they ever were), which Logan then decpitates him for. Logan reaches Daken's fortress, only to again be attack this time by Daken's armed henchmen (who Logan makes quick work of). Then it comes down to father and son, who end up killing each other. 

Now I knwoo this isn't perfect, but hey it would've been better than that one issue crud they fed us.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dakens son
    @SladeRogers said:
    " @Dakens son:
    Exactly. Here's what they could've done; 
    Issue #1; Logan comes home to Itsu mudered. Picks up Winter Soldier's scent and tracks him down into the woods or something, they fight and Bucky gets away very, very barely. Logan returns home to mourn his wife, hears his son's heartbeat and cuts him from his mother's womb. 
    Issue #2; Shows how Logan raises John (dumb name either way it goes), farming land in Tibet (not the best idea but hey) then he is contacted by Xavier. Logan gives it some thought, decides that maybe his son should be around their own kind and accepts the offer. 
    Issue #3; Shows how Daken interacts with his peers as well as a growing infactuation with Jean much like his father (of course causing static between Cyclops and both father and son). Logan watches over his son carefully noticing a small and covert change, he brushes it off. 
    Issue #4; In a Danger Room session with the rest of the X-Men, Daken shows his aggression when one of the simulated enemies attack Jean, revealing his violent nature. He swiftly apologizes for hiks behavior and dismisses himself from the training session. He leaves the mansion to do some thinking and he's confronted by Sabretooth, who he quickly dispatches after a brief battle, leaving with a dark grin on his face. 
    Issue #5; Fast forward to years later, to the event where Jean sacrifices herself for the rest of the team. Daken watches as the woman he believes he loves dies. As the X-Men depart from the scene, Daken's whole attitude change and when they return to the mansion he leaves in the midst of the night. 
    Issue #6; Daken returns to Japan where he trains with it's greatest masters (of course to kill them shortly after), and he cuts his hair into mohawk style and gets his tattoo (a phoenix instead of a dragon in memoration of Jean). Daken remembers tales his father told him of a blade that can stop healing factors, he goes in search of this blade and has a piece of it attached to his wrist claws. 
    Issue #7; Daken learns of his father coming for him, he sends him the rest of the blade as a message. When Logan arrives in Japan, he's first attacked by Sabretooth who tells him how he is of Daken (suggesting he's more of a monster than they ever were), which Logan then decpitates him for. Logan reaches Daken's fortress, only to again be attack this time by Daken's armed henchmen (who Logan makes quick work of). Then it comes down to father and son, who end up killing each other. 

Now I knwoo this isn't perfect, but hey it would've been better than that one issue crud they fed us. "
    I tottaly forgot it!
    Since Logan has those excesive senses(such as smell and hearing)
    How did he missed Dakens heartbit in the firstplace(in earth 616)?
     Was that because Romulus managed to drag Daken before Wolvies arrival or just  marvel forgot to notice that little detail?
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SladeRogers

Know what you have a friggin' point there. I mean Romulus cut Daken from her womb after Logan left I think so how could he have missed that? The only excuse I could come up with was that his grief of their deaths overtook his senses, but that'd be a lame excuse especially for Wolverine.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dakens son
    @SladeRogers said:
    "
    Know what you have a friggin' point there. I mean Romulus cut Daken from her womb after Logan left I think so how could he have missed that? The only excuse I could come up with was that his grief of their deaths overtook his senses, but that'd be a lame excuse especially for Wolverine. "
    EXACTLY!!!!
    But how Wolverine missed that?
    We are talking about the perfect unstopable killing machine(second after Daken nowdays!!!) and he missed that?
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SladeRogers
    @Dakens son:
    Man, that's a mistake they cannot take back. Marvel has made a flaw in Wolverine's story. I mean the real flaw is that Wolverine: Best There Is story but I'll complain about that in the forums.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dakens son
    @SladeRogers said:
    " @Dakens son:
    Man, that's a mistake they cannot take back. Marvel has made a flaw in Wolverine's story. I mean the real flaw is that Wolverine: Best There Is story but I'll complain about that in the forums. "
    hehehe!
    you got a point to talk about there,don't ya?
    can't wait to discuss it go and make that forum!!
    there are several flaws in wolcerines past,I am picking up some then and there and soon I'got some to discuss thorougly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.