Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16085 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine what if?

camodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By camodude

ok so apparently when claremont was writting x-men he was planning on killing wolverine like he did in x-men forever.  while now wolverines such a popular character. its kind of a scary thought so i wanted to know what you guys think what would happen. Whats your what if? if clarmont killed him before he left?
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

if hed offed wolverine more lesser known characters might have had a shot instead of just putting one guy in everything
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

If they actually had allowed Claremont to kill him off, I'm sure we'd get a scenario much like we're seeing in "Captain America"...

Logan is killed, his supporting cast holds his book over for a year, and the "Quest for Wolverine" happens. Soon "Wolverine: Reborn" is hitting the shelves, and guess what?  

No Caption Provided

WOLVERINE-MANIA WOULD BE EVEN STRONGER.

So you HATERS had better be thankful Marvel didn't allow that to happen, shouldn't you? HATEHATEHATE.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there was a really great old What If? where Hulk killed him in one of their first battles,
    and the government sends Freedom Force to try and take down Hulk for it.

same element would have to be in my take. someone takes him out
    and it becomes someone elses prerogative to get them. imagine
    how Romulus would react?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe
    @RaptorFratBoy:
    how come wolverine and superman are the only characters people cant even have a small coplaint about with out people freaking out, i like wolverine hes one of my favorite characters and even im getting tired of him being all over the place
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By CellphoneGirl

X-23 wouldn't be around :[

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @joshmightbe: Apologies...I've just seen RELENTLESS Wolverine-Hate, and as a huge fan, I'm defending him. 

Is it so hard to just, you know, look away? Obviously enough people love the character, thus all the material. 

So if you choose to hate on Wolvie, that's fine. Just don't freak-out when someone has the different opinion, and you know, sticks-up for him. Not the guy's fault he's so popular...
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe
    @RaptorFratBoy:
    im not downing him as a character its more directed at marvel cause if you overexpose a character too much people get tired of it if this forum had been going before he started showing up in everything i gaurantee you would be seeing much different comments but right now its like that song that gets played 50 times a day on the radio at first its great but after youve heard it so much you just want to hear something else for awhile.
    LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LauraX23
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    "X-23 wouldn't be around :[ "

Why?????
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe
    @LauraX23:
    shes wolverines daughter

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.