Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16078 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

WOLVERINE WEAPON X: TOMORROW DIES TODAY Coming to DVD

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Looks like Deathlok is getting ready to make a comeback. He's been seen from time to time recently in the pages of UNCANNY X-FORCE and WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN. He's even been mentioned on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

No Caption Provided

Shout! Factory and Marvel Knights Animation are bringing the story, WOLVERINE WEAPON X: TOMORROW DIES TODAY, by Eisner Award nominees Jason Aaron and Ron Garney to DVD. The story deals with Wolverine's life getting even more complicated when cybernetic robots from the future set out on a super hero killing spree. The only person that can help is a young waitress who insists she knows him, or at least knows the person he will become.

Here's the official synopsis:

The future is controlled by a malevolent mega-corporation known as Roxxon — which keeps its tight grip on society through the use of cyborgs, the Deathloks, whose sole purpose is to seek out current and future vigilantes — and neutralize them with extreme prejudice. Now, in order to prevent Roxxon's rise and the eventual slaughter of the world's heroes, Wolverine must join forces with a mysterious woman possessing unexplained knowledge of the coming dystopia. He won't give up until the Deathloks are stopped, but what hope is there to prevent a future that has already come to pass?

The DVD will also contain a brand-new exclusive DVD featurette that takes viewers into the creation of the Marvel Knights Animation title. The DVD will be released on May 13, 2014.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Why does Marvel keep making these Motion Comics based on stories? I would rather see them make animated adaptions of them, or at least have Madhouse use them as source material for the Marvel Anime line.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@captainmarvel4ever: People must like them or they wouldn't keep making them. Also the are making animated movies, there is a Punisher & Black Widow one coming up:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Why does Marvel keep making these Motion Comics based on stories? I would rather see them make animated adaptions of them, or at least have Madhouse use them as source material for the Marvel Anime line.

I agree, except with the anime part.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I'm not a huge fan either, but I think they are somewhat better than motion comics.

@jonny_anonymous I think you misread or misunderstood my comment.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ptigrusmagus

Motion comics SUCK

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resources that could be used to compete with DC in the animated film market are wasted here.

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

motion comics: for people too lazy to turn the page

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

But.. is the book any good?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By mickey-mouse

Isn't Deathlock an 150 toner?

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should only make Motion Comics if they want to create a brand new storyline exclusive to that medium, otherwise what's the point?

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This....these motion comic releases are not reaching the potential that marvel has with their rich storylines. They need to follow the DC animated movie plans

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blazinasian112: Defiantly, it's odd that Marvel is good with live action and lacks in animation, and for DC it's vice-versa.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaptainMarvel4Ever: DC does not lack with live action they just haven't launched their cinematic universe yet. Dark Knight is one of the best trilogies of all time. Man of Steel was amazing. Superman/Batman and Justice League will be billion dollar flicks

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ptigrusmagus: I did like Dark Knight trilogy, but to me they are not comic book movies. They are crime movies that have a little extra charm by throwing in elements from Batman. I loved MOS when it came out, despite hearing all the negative things about it, and defended it to the bitter end. After seeing this video (which I don't recommend you watch if you still want to like the film) I now denounce it as a Superman film, and claim it as the best DBZ film ever made: Honest Review: Man of Steel

A video that I do recommend you see, is this one about the state of how Warner Bros. is handling DC: WTF is WB doing with DC?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.