Wolverine still infected with nanites?

#1 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Can some please clear this up for me.

"In X-Men #5, it is revealed that in order for Wolverine to fully infiltrate the ranks of the vampires that were attacking Utopia at the behest of Dracula's son (when Wolverine thought the vampire virus had simply bested his healing factor), Cyclops has to infect him with nanites that are capable of shutting off Wolverine's healing factor. Cyclops can activate them by merely clicking a button on a remote control device he carries with him at all times."

Are the nanites still in Wolverine and does Cyclops still have the remote?

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (38137 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing Cyclops still has the remote. I don't remember anything about them leaving Wolverine's body, I don't think it has even been mentioned since.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12059 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...no clue.

#4 Posted by DarkChris (303 posts) - - Show Bio

I smell a retcon!

#5 Posted by The Myth (554 posts) - - Show Bio

During the battle at the end of 'curse of the mutants' when Wolverine found out about the nanites and said he wanted to have 'words' with Cyclops. I believe this to mean that Wolverine forced to have them removed.

#6 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wondering the same things...

#7 Posted by LoganX360 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

that story line was stupid & noobish , bendis & the merry men of Ninjak , yeah see where that got that character ..canned !!! 
that has to be some pretty powerful ass nanites i'm talking about nanites that can take over cells that have  been fighting & building immunity towards adamantium poisoning & all sorts of damage for decades . these nanites not only would have some uatu watcher power to know exactly how mutant genes work to manipulate them as such . but Hey'  its comics lets flow wit it for a sec, as soon cyclops would of activated them i would give it no more than 20 min for logan to piss all those nanites out like a bad kidney stone . its just a healing factor reaction .

#8 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Myth said:

During the battle at the end of 'curse of the mutants' when Wolverine found out about the nanites and said he wanted to have 'words' with Cyclops. I believe this to mean that Wolverine forced to have them removed.

Yeah I wonder if they ever did talk about it. I would imagine Cyclops would keep it though.

@LoganX360 said:

that story line was stupid & noobish , bendis & the merry men of Ninjak , yeah see where that got that character ..canned !!! that has to be some pretty powerful ass nanites i'm talking about nanites that can take over cells that have been fighting & building immunity towards adamantium poisoning & all sorts of damage for decades . these nanites not only would have some uatu watcher power to know exactly how mutant genes work to manipulate them as such . but Hey' its comics lets flow wit it for a sec, as soon cyclops would of activated them i would give it no more than 20 min for logan to piss all those nanites out like a bad kidney stone . its just a healing factor reaction

Yeah I'm sure they would find a way to make Logan heal from it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.