Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine Spawn: Two Claws?

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Stupid question, but has it ever been explained why the spawn of Logan, X-23 and Daken, have only two claws?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

@slade_wilson: They all have 6 (3 in each body half).

Laura has two that come from her wrist and one in each foot.

No Caption Provided

Daken has two that come out the top of his wrists, but has one on the underside. Assassin's Creed hidden blade style.

No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@slade_wilson: I don't think it has ever been explained for either why their claws are set up differently. Probably just to make things different. I think Laura's foot claws are a nice touch and the 3rd claw Daken has is cool just for the fact it does remind me of the hidden blade.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Random genetics for daken. Even if they had they same two parents there's no guarantee they'd have the same exact mutation, unless they were twins. As for x-23, being a clone, no idea. Probably some explanation with tweaking the cloning process

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I actually didn't know about Laura's foot claw or Daken's AC blade-claw. Shows how much I know. But thanks guys for helping me out.

bat22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bat22

Daken's wrist claws felt pointless as the hand claws already met the criteria of a secret weapon. It felt to me like the creators were just trying to find a nice spot to differentiate him from Logan, same as w/ Ultimate Creed's fourth claws or Romulus's surplus.

I've always had more affinity for Laura than D. The placement of her third pair felt more original and tactical as opposed to tacticool.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@bat22: The underside claws where secret to Wolverine when Daken stabbed him with the Maramusa blades

Jeanniebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a time Daken had a part of the Muramasa blade bonded to his underside claws. But he only used them when he was absolutly sure that he would hit, because the metal isn't as durable as adamantium. Eventually is father cut them out of his arms. They regrew, of course, but only bone. So they are pointless yet agian. But I was never a big Daken fan to beginn with, so that porbably just me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.