Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16078 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine Sequel Now Has A Writer

• 75 results
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @Nelsonalot said:
    "
    It just seems that that fox stuudios think that  the series cant continue without him, which is so untrue 

Clifton Collins Jr.     from Rules of Attraction and Star Trek would be a coolt wolverine in my opinion "

Why would you want to replace Jackman? The guy is fully committed to this character and the series. Why do you want to push away someone who is so dedicated? It's like replacing Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark.  

Not to mention Jackman has done such an amazing job as Wolverine. Despite questionable stories and directions of the films, one thing you can't say is Hugh Jackman is a terrible Wolverine. 

I don't think it's anything to do with Fox thinking they can't continue without Jackman. This franchis is money for them and if Jackman wants out, I'm sure Fox won't end it there. But, like I said, the man is 100% committed to this character. Why throw that out the window?
    Nelsonalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Nelsonalot

@Adam Michaels:
    No...he's not because he did Wovlerine Orgins, a movie  that completely destroyes the Wolverine character. have you read "The Orgin" becasue if you had you'd know why i was so upset.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By NightFang3

Hope is better then the last one.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm less annoyed by this project than I was before.  But even the best writers can pen flops.  I'm waiting for the director before I allow myself to care about this sequel.  The first entry was painfully, painfully mediocre, and I still have the bad taste in my mouth.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @Nelsonalot:
    Like I said, you might not like the direction and stories of the film. But Jackman is committed to the character nonetheless.
    Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Luthorcrow
    @Alexander Anderson said:
    " I'm less annoyed by this project than I was before.  But even the best writers can pen flops.  I'm waiting for the director before I allow myself to care about this sequel.  The first entry was painfully, painfully mediocre, and I still have the bad taste in my mouth. "
    Bingo.  X and X2 were classics X3 sucked because they brought on a hack director.  It was the same Wolverine.  Action films live and die by their directors and there aren't that many that are actually good.  A bad action director means films gets built around set pieces rather than characters and the action scenes become a bunch of meaningless kinetic movement (.i.e. the last 3 Star Wars films, Transformers 1 +2 and the last Hulk mess).

If they get the right director this will be great.  If they don't it will be another expensive stinker.
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Sidney

This movie will suck.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By King_Saturn
    I think this movie could be decent... its possible it could be worth at least $ 6.00 of the $ 9.50 I will pay to see the Movie at the Theaters...

lol
    Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Phorqe

It could be alright. That guy is a decent writer. I've heard good things about Valkyrie. Usual Suspects was pretty good(same director as x1 and x2). I was pretty hopeful for Way of the Gun, but it was kinda disappointing as my memory served.

Nelsonalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Nelsonalot
    @Luthorcrow said:
    " @Alexander Anderson said:
    " I'm less annoyed by this project than I was before.  But even the best writers can pen flops.  I'm waiting for the director before I allow myself to care about this sequel.  The first entry was painfully, painfully mediocre, and I still have the bad taste in my mouth. "
    Bingo.  X and X2 were classics X3 sucked because they brought on a hack director.  It was the same Wolverine.  Action films live and die by their directors and there aren't that many that are actually good.  A bad action director means films gets built around set pieces rather than characters and the action scenes become a bunch of meaningless kinetic movement (.i.e. the last 3 Star Wars films, Transformers 1 +2 and the last Hulk mess).  If they get the right director this will be great.  If they don't it will be another expensive stinker. "

@Luthorcrow:  Are you kidding me? X-Men 1 and 2 were so bad. Not only did bryan singer cahnge so much about the X-men he aslo made them all look like a biker gang. They are better than X3 but still, I think they can do better
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By LoganRogue24

there gonna line the Wolverine films to x-1 right or is the Wolverine films just stand alones or what ifs. cause the Wolverine film did not even try to do his lab scenes right they did not match his flashbacks in x-1 and 2. hell they could not even bother getting the dogtags from x-1 and 2 back jeez. the Wolverine film was better then x-3 but not by much.
    Nelsonalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Nelsonalot
    @LoganRogue24:
    I don't even think they know any more
    Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Nelsonalot said:
    " @Luthorcrow said:
    " @Alexander Anderson said:
    Bingo.  X and X2 were classics X3 sucked because they brought on a hack director.  It was the same Wolverine.  Action films live and die by their directors and there aren't that many that are actually good.  A bad action director means films gets built around set pieces rather than characters and the action scenes become a bunch of meaningless kinetic movement (.i.e. the last 3 Star Wars films, Transformers 1 +2 and the last Hulk mess).  If they get the right director this will be great.  If they don't it will be another expensive stinker. "
    @Luthorcrow:  Are you kidding me? X-Men 1 and 2 were so bad. Not only did bryan singer cahnge so much about the X-men he aslo made them all look like a biker gang. They are better than X3 but still, I think they can do better "
    Bryan Singer did a brilliant job with the first two X-movies.  He preserved the spirit of the original comics without being too nostalgic, updated the look and feel of the team to match the modern setting, and balanced awesome action with real emotional impact.  His changes were so good that they actually bled over into the comics themselves.  I can't even imagine what a mess it would have been if they'd tried to do an "accurate" adaptation, with everyone in colorful spandex.  Yikes.
    WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By WonderBoy1132

oh goody.

Hertelism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hertelism
    @G-Man: When i 1st saw him i thought he was Baraka form Mortal Combat........
    Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By CrimsonComedian

Compare the blood and dead soldiers in X2...

Now compare the blood and dead soldiers in Origins...
    Giant difference. I think they should either reboot X-Men Origins or 1, 2 & 3.

FatCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FatCobra

Every single X-men movie has sucked except for the first one.

TheWhitePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheWhitePrince
    @FoxxFireArt said: 

@cascadeking09:   
    Oddly enough, I don't hold that TOO much against movie. It's something in the comics that I think people have a problem with. How do you really show Emma's diamond form and make it look like a diamond? Often times the way it's done in the comics it looks more like she's made of glass. It's tricky. "

As a really really bias Emma Frost fan, I think I would prefer her to look glassy rather than as though someone had dipped her in glue then into diamonds. 

The other thing they screwed up with her, is that her telepathy came first - she apparently had none 
    She has natural blue eyes - her eyes were brown, but when she turned to diamond they became blue 
    And even as a girl she was very cold and all about herself - none of this being a hero crap.  

But what's funny is if they were going for a "creator's twist" on Emma - they completely missed the mark, a creative twist would have been simply removing her diamond form, or saying they experimented on her for the diamond form and screwed up her x-gene and therefore her telepathy. 

If they are doing another film, in Japan especially, they are seriously screwed cos along with Silver Samurai, wasn't Silver Fox a big part of his Japan life? 
    I must say, I hope they bring in the Big Hero 6 - I'd love to see how badly they f**k up Sunfire - you can guarantee more characters will be slaughtered. 

@MysterioMaximus said:
    " @Sidney said:

"Right. First one sucked we do not need a sequel. Whole X-Men movie franchise has sucked. "

I've got to totally disagree there. X-men and X2 were amazing. I look at them as an Ultimate sort of spin. They has nuances to the old stories, but with new details.    

"

All the X-Men movies have had huge flaws, how you can look at them as thought they are kinda from the Ultimate timeline, I dunno.  
    Jean and Phoenix were made out to be some form of psychosis rather than a powerful cosmic entity, no matter who thinks its a god-complex, it was what was originally written - it's like re-writing the bible because someone might not get it.  
    Scott was turned into a wimpering little boy, yet he has always been a strong leader, and they should have in fact brought in Emma in the third film to get the bond between her and Scott going. 
    Storm was made so pathetically weak I think it should say "Shower" rather than Storm, although even the X-Baby still has more power.   
    Rogue, Iceman, Kitty and Pyro are just abominations - Anna Paquin - bless her New Zealander soul - could not pull off a southern accent if it bit her on the backside. Iceman wasn't enough of a class clown, Kitty is meant to be Wolverine's like number one fan, and look up to Storm wholeheartedly - there was none of it...  

Everything about the films is done so badly I felt cheated out of my money at the movie theatre.  

I reckon you could find 20 people on Comicvine who could write a better movie script / screen play than the rubbish Hollywood spits out.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Media_Master

I hope it is better than origins 

<the skull>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By <the skull>
    @danielspengies: ok dont you dare say deadpool is dumb... you can call me a fanboy if you want i dont care but he is a badass chericter you have to admit it.
    Druid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Druid
    @G-Man:
    For me, one of the worst things about the Wolverine: Origins movie was the adamantium bullet to the head explaining his loss of memory. Throwing that in at the end almost ruined the movie experience for me. I don't understand why screen writers so often feel the need to take a storyline from a book and crap all over it like that. I still enjoyed the movie enough not to regret going to the theater to see it. C'mon, finally a Wolverine movie! I'll take what I can get. I'm glad to hear there will be a different writer this time around though. I too will cross my fingers.
    pancakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By pancakes

the first was kinda lame i wanted more hand to hand  and dp is funny i wish they didnt give him all them up grades it was re donkuluss lol if htey bring him back drop the lasers unless their week to the point he can only light a cigerett or sight his gun no telaporting either unless its only 4or 5 feet or somthing only happens when he farts  im still laughing

pancakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By pancakes

yea and his swords should not pop either i like the movie up till the end realy wak

Avatar image for ravaginghamster
    RavagingHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By RavagingHamster

Hopefully they learned their lesson from the gripes they've undoubtably heard and letters they've probably gotten from people about what they did to the last Wolverine. seems like they have if they are bringing in that writer.  Maybe they will have him slash those japanese drift racers while he's there :P...that was a joke. i really hope they stick to the comics. i hope i didnt jinx something...
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By grimreaper1980

silver samurai or cyber, the fans want to know

<the skull>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By <the skull>

well i am a deadpool fan boy and yes i was upset at the end of the first wolvirine movie but i did do the research and  deadpool was not involved in the japan story, deadpool and wolverine fanboys would both be upset if deadpools in the new film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.