Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine & Sabertooth. Very Simple Question.

themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By themaskedhero

What is their relationship? I keep looking everywhere but there is never a constant answer. Brothers? Dad and son? Cousins? Or just foes?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

Just foes for now.

themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By themaskedhero

Okay. Because I know in... I want to say Wolverine 50, Loeb had promised to lay that all to rest and I never actually read that.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Zoom

Loeb said that they are both the decendants from tribes of wolves or something and that they are destined to fight each other because of their hair color.

Not joking.

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By TOAA
    Zoom said:
    "Loeb said that they are both the decendants from tribes of wolves or something and that they are destined to fight each other because of their hair color.Not joking."
    Hmmm.... When you put it like that it sounds really stupid. The sad thing is that you are stating the truth. 
    themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By themaskedhero
    Zoom said:
    "Loeb said that they are both the decendants from tribes of wolves or something and that they are destined to fight each other because of their hair color.Not joking."
    That's incredible stupid. 
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Slinger
    themaskedhero said:
    "Zoom said:
    That's incredible stupid. 
    "
    It seemed a little more feasible in the comic...But yeah, kind of stupid.
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Sparda
    Zoom said:
    Yeah, I'm just gonna ignore that this ever happened.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Zoom
    Sparda said:
    "Zoom said:
    Yeah, I'm just gonna ignore that this ever happened."
    You and everybody else.

I fully expect Sabertooth to show up alive in the future and there to be no mension of the storyline save perhaps a "I thought I killed you.  Growl."  "I got better.  Growl growl."
    TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TOAA
    Zoom said:
    "Sparda said:
    "Zoom said:
    You and everybody else.I fully expect Sabertooth to show up alive in the future and there to be no mension of the storyline save perhaps a "I thought I killed you.  Growl."  "I got better.  Growl growl.""
    Lol. Probably.
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By dane

I hate Jeph Loeb.

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By loganreme

I liked the origin story, that they grew up together blah blah blah but, the fact that they were supposed to be brothers didn't impress attall.  Their fights are always entertaining and the fact that Sabes has been killed off again! makes me wait his return in anticipation :)

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Hawk
    Zoom said:
    "Sparda said:
    "Zoom said:
    You and everybody else.I fully expect Sabertooth to show up alive in the future and there to be no mension of the storyline save perhaps a "I thought I killed you.  Growl."  "I got better.  Growl growl.""
    Best story line ever!
    Razealim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Razealim

the origin that Chris Claremont intended in the 90's and hinted at was that they were father and son. This was changed for unknown reasons by other writers. Currently the story says that they are decendants of Homo Lupus(literally wolf men) and that every generation 2 emerge from the pack to fight to the death. I do agree that the fact they are destined to fight because victor has blonde hair and logan has black hair is fairly retarded. Other than that i dont mind it. 2 emerge from the pack every generation to fight to the death, thats actually pretty interesting. Despite all the other reasons they have to hate one another what it basicly comes down to is destiny.

on the issue of "Dog Logan" while he does seem to resemble creed and the writer said he would have no problem if someone wrote that connection in, theres one main issue with that. Dog's scars. He has 3 large obvious scars across his face from wolverine slashing him. If he was sabertooth, why wouldnt his healing factor kick in? the sabertooth we all know has never been depicted with a scarred up face.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Dane said:
    "I hate Jeph Loeb."
    Go home, rent Commando... Watch it... Then watch the credits...
    You'll then understand Jeph Loeb.
    Beatleobsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Beatleobsessed

In the movie they said they were brothers, but in fact they are foes. In 'Origins: Wolverine" comic, they knew each other as children because Sabretooth's father, Thomas Logan, worked on the Howlett's property.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sidney
    @Zoom said:
    "Loeb said that they are both the decendants from tribes of wolves or something and that they are destined to fight each other because of their hair color.Not joking. "

they were raised by were wolves? that explains both of them acting like wolves and looking like hairy men.
    Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By Silver Knight75

is there anyone left of the Weapon X Program that might know the connection or did everyone have their memory altered ?

Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Gothic Storm

The fact that no one knows the truth behind their relationship (even them!) has kept readers continuously going back. I like the fact that no one knows the answer... It will keep my kids (and my kids' kids) reading them in the future.

fromthedead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fromthedead
    @Silver Knight75 said:
    " is there anyone left of the Weapon X Program that might know the connection or did everyone have their memory altered ? "
    Ironically I bet Deadpool knows but since everyone thinks he's insane well, we'll never know.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.