Wolverine NEVER existed

#1 Edited by Zemu6 (98 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Len Wein, Herb Trimpe, Jack Abel & John Romita, Sr never written and drew
(and even designed) Ol' Canucklehead back in 1974 to begin with for some reason?

Would Marvel be successful with just Spider-Man and other characters in their company?

Could Storm get chance to be a little bit popular without Wolvie being apart of the X-Men franchise?

If the canadian Emsemble Dark Horse never existed, who would Sabretooth be the foe of?

And finally, if WolCanucklehead didn't exist, who would be the Trope Namer of these tropes?

Fastball Special
Wolverine Publicity
Wolverine Claws

#2 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

This is like a nerd campfire story. "And 'Days of Future Past' had Colossus on the cover instead of Wolverine!" "AAAAAGGGHHHH!"

#3 Edited by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel isn't only Wolverine. Most probably some other character would be in his place.

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really liked Wolverine anyway...

#5 Posted by Jayso4201 (600 posts) - - Show Bio

The 80's and 90's would have been much harder for Marvel without him.
#6 Posted by HellionVulcan (3867 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jayso4201 said:
" The 80's and 90's would have been much harder for Marvel without him. "
This but sabretooth was an iron fist villain so he'd stay there fighting him but dunno which x-man could replace him thou either .
#7 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has a ton of great characters that are barely used, I'm sure one of them would have filled the void.  A funnier thing to imagine is what if they made Wolverine an actual mutated wolverine like they initially intended? Or made the claws part of the gloves?  Seems like Wolverine came very close to sucking a few times.

#8 Posted by The Jeff (290 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" Marvel has a ton of great characters that are barely used, I'm sure one of them would have filled the void.  A funnier thing to imagine is what if they made Wolverine an actual mutated wolverine like they initially intended? Or made the claws part of the gloves?  Seems like Wolverine came very close to sucking a few times. "
the last sentence is hilarious
#9 Posted by inferiorego (26834 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to say it, but I don't think Marvel would be as popular today if Wolvie didn't existed. The 90s was Wolverine...

Staff
#10 Posted by Zemu6 (98 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing, if nothing else, that trope would've either
been called Batman Publicity or Spider-Man Publicity.    
#11 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin:
"i'm sure one of them could fill the void"...maby the Void him self would fill the spot!? ha jk.
#12 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" I hate to say it, but I don't think Marvel would be as popular today if Wolvie didn't existed. The 90s was Wolverine... "
and symbiotes and Rob Liefeld 

#13 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19643 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wolverine didn't exist I might not have this avatar and I'm positive Marvel would have pushed another character into popularity. Like Nightcrawler, Iceman, Gambit or Angel.

#14 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't now about Marvel but Hugh Jackman's paycheck would have less zero in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.