Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine is a FAILURE

• 76 results
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Sidney
    @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Slinger said:
    " @DEGRAAF: That's the point. All characters are just as successful at beating their enemies as the writers want them to be. It has nothing to do with whether or not they are actually capable of it. Hence, Spider-Man beating Firelord. Wolverine sells a crap-load of comic books. He's probably one of, if not the, most successful characters of all time due to his franchisability. He's marketed as an underdog, because that's who America likes to root for, if he get's too tough to beat then people lose interest and sales drop. For a character designed to get the crap kicked out of him by the Hulk, I would say that Wolverine has done remarkably well, and is by no means a failure. "
    so true"
    Exactly thats why Superman sucks and is boring he always wins and impossible to beat and kill. "
    dont read much superman huh?"
    Yes. And i know doomsday killed him but he stil came back to life. And he is impossible to beat that just proved it. Also he is boring. He too damn strong. Sorry i like Batman better. He more interesting character. "
    yeah but everyone comes back to life.  steve rogers, bucky, jason todd, thanos, iron fist... everybody comes back to life.  i love batman too but i think superman's just as interesting.  he's just on a higher scale of power then batman.  he can realistically fight more powerful villains and i think that's cool."
    Yeah but all them people you named not unstoppable like Superman is. "
    well then hate on him for being unstoppable, not for coming back to life!  of course then you must not like the martian manhunter, darkseid, captain marvel, black adam, doomsday, cyborg superman, the flash... or anyone like that."

I hate on him for mostly being unstoppable. I do not care really he keeps coming back to life.
    Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Apparition

lol ok but you do know that all those others i mentioned are just as unstoppable as he is and give him as good of a fight as he gives them.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @Apparition said:
    "lol ok but you do know that all those others i mentioned are just as unstoppable as he is and give him as good of a fight as he gives them."

You forgot Juggernaut :P
    Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Apparition
    @dreadmaster said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "lol ok but you do know that all those others i mentioned are just as unstoppable as he is and give him as good of a fight as he gives them."
    You forgot Juggernaut :P "
    lol no i left him out on purpose :P
    Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @Apparition said:
    "@dreadmaster said:
    " @Apparition said:
    lol no i left him out on purpose :P"

Then you should choose your words wisely.

I am on the hunt for people who need knowledge lol

You need to be more careful or else i'll show up  :P
    Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Apparition
    @dreadmaster said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@dreadmaster said:
    " @Apparition said:
    lol no i left him out on purpose :P"
    Then you should choose your words wisely.I am on the hunt for people who need knowledge lolYou need to be more careful or else i'll show up  :P "
    lol i'll be more careful
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Sidney said:
    "@Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Slinger said:
    " @DEGRAAF: That's the point. All characters are just as successful at beating their enemies as the writers want them to be. It has nothing to do with whether or not they are actually capable of it. Hence, Spider-Man beating Firelord. Wolverine sells a crap-load of comic books. He's probably one of, if not the, most successful characters of all time due to his franchisability. He's marketed as an underdog, because that's who America likes to root for, if he get's too tough to beat then people lose interest and sales drop. For a character designed to get the crap kicked out of him by the Hulk, I would say that Wolverine has done remarkably well, and is by no means a failure. "
    so true"
    Exactly thats why Superman sucks and is boring he always wins and impossible to beat and kill. "
    Yes. And i know doomsday killed him but he stil came back to life. And he is impossible to beat that just proved it. Also he is boring. He too damn strong. Sorry i like Batman better. He more interesting character. "
    yeah but everyone comes back to life.  steve rogers, bucky, jason todd, thanos, iron fist... everybody comes back to life.  i love batman too but i think superman's just as interesting.  he's just on a higher scale of power then batman.  he can realistically fight more powerful villains and i think that's cool."
    well then hate on him for being unstoppable, not for coming back to life!  of course then you must not like the martian manhunter, darkseid, captain marvel, black adam, doomsday, cyborg superman, the flash... or anyone like that."
    I hate on him for mostly being unstoppable. I do not care really he keeps coming back to life. "

thats why apparition said you must hate martian manhunter, darkseid,captain america, black adam, doomsday, cyborg superman. Also silver surfer, hulk, any gods and any hulk type character
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sidney
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "@Sidney said:
    "@Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Slinger said:
    so true"
    I hate on him for mostly being unstoppable. I do not care really he keeps coming back to life. "
    thats why apparition said you must hate martian manhunter, darkseid,captain america, black adam, doomsday, cyborg superman. Also silver surfer, hulk, any gods and any hulk type character "

I do not.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Sidney said:
    "@DEGRAAF said:
    "@Sidney said:
    "@Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Slinger said:
    so true"
    thats why apparition said you must hate martian manhunter, darkseid,captain america, black adam, doomsday, cyborg superman. Also silver surfer, hulk, any gods and any hulk type character "
    I do not. "

why they are all as invulnerable as superman, darkseid could only die one way and he will return, cyborg superman can not die in anyway, silver surfer is one of the stronest non god beings in marvel, black adam has the powers of like 6 gods. hulk is always considered as strong as or strong and more invulnerable than superman, nothing can really hurt him and he has no weaknesses as the hulk.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By castleking

Black adam doesnt have the power of six gods.. he has small aspects of the gods power as a whole he is still not as powerful nor has a powerful of a single god.

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sidney
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "@Sidney said:
    "@DEGRAAF said:
    "@Sidney said:
    "@Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Sidney said:
    " @Apparition said:
    "@Slinger said:
    so true"
    I do not. "
    why they are all as invulnerable as superman, darkseid could only die one way and he will return, cyborg superman can not die in anyway, silver surfer is one of the stronest non god beings in marvel, black adam has the powers of like 6 gods. hulk is always considered as strong as or strong and more invulnerable than superman, nothing can really hurt him and he has no weaknesses as the hulk. "

Okay.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By castleking

you guys need to stop qouting the entire boxes and just qoute a single box, you guys are creating pages with every response.

Shaianwillems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shaianwillems

Wolvy isnt a failure.
    he changed alot of characters Lives.
    and was a very important key player too. =D

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Sidney

Wolverine best in Marvel.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Sidney said:
    "Wolverine best in Marvel. "

@Shaianwillems said:
    "Wolvy isnt a failure.he changed alot of characters Lives.and was a very important key player too. =D "

i posted this not saying that wolverine is a bad character or that he doesnt inpire others, i posted it saying he loses alot and even tho he was made to be basically indestructable unlike sabertooth or Daken,they both beat him almost every go around
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By Korg
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "i posted this not saying that wolverine is a bad character or that he doesnt inpire others, i posted it saying he loses alot and even tho he was made to be basically indestructable unlike sabertooth or Daken,they both beat him almost every go around "
    He loses a lot to Sabretooth because... wait no, he killed Sabretooth like two years ago. He loses to Daken because Daken is supposed to be Wolverine++. He was never meant to go up against Daken. Daken has been plot-deviced into comics to be able to one-up Wolverine. By these same standards, you could say that almost any hero is a FAILURE. Spider-Man is the worst failure ever.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Korg said:
    "@DEGRAAF said:
    "i posted this not saying that wolverine is a bad character or that he doesnt inpire others, i posted it saying he loses alot and even tho he was made to be basically indestructable unlike sabertooth or Daken,they both beat him almost every go around "
    He loses a lot to Sabretooth because... wait no, he killed Sabretooth like two years ago. He loses to Daken because Daken is supposed to be Wolverine++. He was never meant to go up against Daken. Daken has been plot-deviced into comics to be able to one-up Wolverine. By these same standards, you could say that almost any hero is a FAILURE. Spider-Man is the worst failure ever.
    "

ok he got the best of sabertooth once,he was smart to bc he probably wouldnt have gotten the best of him again so he killed him. 1 time outs of hundreds.

ive never heard of daken supposed to be teh wolverine++. Ive only heard of him as his son, which being his son wolverine should have alot of experience on him
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By DEGRAAF

also i agree spiderman is the biggest failure out of all main character heroes

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Korg
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " ok he got the best of sabertooth once,he was smart to bc he probably wouldnt have gotten the best of him again so he killed him. 1 time outs of hundreds."
    He has gotten the best of Sabretooth many a time. He beat him for the position of Death, which is how he got his adamantium back. He also beat him during the Mutant Massacre. These are just off the top of my head. It was a back-and-forth over decades, so don't try to say Wolverine always lost, or that he even lost 90% of the time, because it is simply not true.

@DEGRAAF said:
    " ive never heard of daken supposed to be teh wolverine++. Ive only heard of him as his son, which being his son wolverine should have alot of experience on him "
    Daken had his claws laced with the only thing that can actually kill Wolverine.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Korg said:
    "@DEGRAAF said:
    " ok he got the best of sabertooth once,he was smart to bc he probably wouldnt have gotten the best of him again so he killed him. 1 time outs of hundreds."
    He has gotten the best of Sabretooth many a time. He beat him for the position of Death, which is how he got his adamantium back. He also beat him during the Mutant Massacre. These are just off the top of my head. It was a back-and-forth over decades, so don't try to say Wolverine always lost, or that he even lost 90% of the time, because it is simply not true.

@DEGRAAF said:
    " ive never heard of daken supposed to be teh wolverine++. Ive only heard of him as his son, which being his son wolverine should have alot of experience on him "
    Daken had his claws laced with the only thing that can actually kill Wolverine.
    "

k all im saying is every time i have ever read a story with them fighting sabertooth always wins except for when wolverine killed him .

Daken just got those laced like an issue or 2 ago. Since then they havent said he was the wolverine++  either.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Korg

You will never see the phrase "Wolverine++" in a comic, so don't hold your breath on that one.

Shaianwillems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Shaianwillems
    @Korg:
    wat does dat mean?
    wolverine ++
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Sidney
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "also i agree spiderman is the biggest failure out of all main character heroes "

How?
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Korg
    @Shaianwillems said:
    " @Korg: wat does dat mean?wolverine ++ "
    He is the new Wolverine. Faster, stronger, better, additional powers, mohawk, tattoos, etc. His claws are coated in stuff that negates healing factors, and would be the death of Wolverine if he got tagged with them.

@Sidney said:
    " How? "
    He failed to stop a criminal who killed his uncle. He also leaves criminals webbed up all the time, when he knows full well that his webs dissolve in an hour. He failed to save Qwen Stacy, etc. He also cries like a little girl all the time, and has "quit" being Spider-Man more times than I can count. He's also a genius, but never uses his smarts to do anything of any real consequence, like Reed Richards and Tony Stark (and even Norman Osborn and others) have.
    Shaianwillems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Shaianwillems
    @Korg:
    dat means one hit K.O. for Wolverine. O_O

LOL, Spiderman sure is a Pussy man. XD
    Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Sidney
    @Korg said:
    "@Shaianwillems said:
    " @Korg: wat does dat mean?wolverine ++ "
    He is the new Wolverine. Faster, stronger, better, additional powers, mohawk, tattoos, etc. His claws are coated in stuff that negates healing factors, and would be the death of Wolverine if he got tagged with them.

@Sidney said:
    " How? "
    He failed to stop a criminal who killed his uncle. He also leaves criminals webbed up all the time, when he knows full well that his webs dissolve in an hour. He failed to save Qwen Stacy, etc. He also cries like a little girl all the time, and has "quit" being Spider-Man more times than I can count. He's also a genius, but never uses his smarts to do anything of any real consequence, like Reed Richards and Tony Stark (and even Norman Osborn and others) have.
    "

Oh okay never was a fan of Spidey he is a bitch.
    metallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By metallic
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "Its true. He might be considereda bad ass but when it comes to his kind of mutants he is a failure. he loses to Sabertooth and Daken it seems like every time. Im not surre how he does against deadpool but deadpool was given their ability and wasnt born with it so i will say he isnt in the discussion.Between the three wolverines the only one until recently out of the three that was ever "upgraded" to be better than his natural self and yet he still loses constantly.Dont get me wrong i like wolverine as a character but i cant believe a failure like him is so popular and is a lead character and an icon. "

uhm...yea h beats sabretooth ALOT (even killed him) (see sabretooths profile) im sure he beats deadpool and even took down a centenal! that doesnt sound like a failure to me.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Everyone has there moments, be them good, bad & Epic Fail

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.