Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16086 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine inconsistencies SPOILERS!!!

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

Anyone else notice a bunch of inconsistencies from the other movies?

I hear it's a reboot but don't kid yourself. It's just lazy writing. If it was a reboot it'd have new actors.

What ever happened to all the other x-men that joined with Cyclops at the end?

Why is Sabretooth so different in X-men 1? No explanation! I think they are saying Creed is not Sabretooth but if that's the case why not just make him dog? That would add up with the comics.

In X-men 1, there is an x-ray of wolverine's skeleton and there are no holes from the gun.

In X-men 2, Wolverine gets flashes of escaping the weapon X facility. It's nothing like that in Origins. He even remembers freaking out and not knowing what the claws were (because at that time people figured Wolverine lost his memories like he does in the comics but he doesn't). He also runs out a door, after opening it, into the bright outside (I'm guessing ti was supposed to be snowing or something... again like the comics) but in Origins he cuts through a door or wall or something and then jumps in a waterfall (also Wolverine falls in water I lot. I don't think he could swim yet. The metal would be too heavy).

Also in X-men 2, Styker says you have to keep "Adamantium in it's liquid form" or it will never become liquid again. But when Deadpool (if you can call that Deadpool) optic blasts him in the end his claws heat up. This also doesn;t make sense because Cyclops blasts are pressure not heat but that hasn't been established in the movies so maybe that's different or maybe Deadpool can make it heat.

I know it's rediculous to dwell on these little details but someone shoudl have fact checked this stuff first. They don't have to do the comics but they do have to make sense with the other movies.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

Do you have to criticize everything?

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

Here's something I was really wondering about... how come those optic blasts can destroy everything, but Sabretooth (and his clothes) can withstand them? How did Wolverine even block the blasts when there are HUGE gaps that the beams should pass through to reach Wolverine? How did Wolverine become bullet-proof after getting the adamantium, and how did Sabretooth suddenly become no match for Wolverine after he got the adamantium? What was the point of the adamantium bullets; how were they any more effective than regular bullets? And why did Gambit attack Wolverine when Sabretooth, the guy he hated and wanted dead, was right there?

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

geraldthesloth said:
    "Do you have to criticize everything?"
    Yes I do. I'm a nameless person on the internet.

DEADPOOL said:
    "Here's something I was really wondering about... how come those optic blasts can destroy everything, but Sabretooth (and his clothes) can withstand them? And how did Wolverine even block the blasts when there are HUGE gaps that the beams should pass through to reach Wolverine?
    I thought of that too.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    "DEADPOOL said:
    "Here's something I was really wondering about... how come those optic blasts can destroy everything, but Sabretooth (and his clothes) can withstand them? And how did Wolverine even block the blasts when there are HUGE gaps that the beams should pass through to reach Wolverine?
    I thought of that too."

I edited my post just before you replied, check it out.
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Power NeXus
    DEADPOOL said:
    How did Wolverine even block the blasts when there are HUGE gaps that the beams should pass through to reach Wolverine?

That was the stupidest part of the movie. Wolverine's claws are coated in adamantium. Not vibranium. Sure, his claws would remain undamaged by the blasts, but they wouldn't absorb the kinetic impact and keep him from being shot off the edge of the tower-thing.
    DEADPOOL said:
    How did Wolverine become bullet-proof after getting the adamantium, and how did Sabretooth suddenly become no match for Wolverine after he got the adamantium?

I was disappointed that Wolverine and Sabretooth never got an evenly matched fight. In their first fight at the bar, Sabretooth was owning Wolverine all over. Then Wolverine got the adamantium. After that, all their fights were very much one-sided on Wolverine's favor.
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By Meteorite

Another inconsistency.... Sabretooth should have a healing factor, since he's roughly the same age as Wolverine but looks in his late 30's, but Stryker says he wouldn't survive the adamantium bonding process. So does he have a healing factor or not.

Also, in X2 the base is underground and looks a lot different to how it is in the Wolverine movie.

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By TOAA
    @ Abnormally Warm Guy:
    • Creed is different in the Origins movie because they wanted a character worth writing about. X-Men 1 Sabretooth does not measure up.
    • Wolverine's adamantium is supposed to be beta adamantium. It heals like he does.
    • The location complaint is right. It looked nothing like X2's. Also, it was on top of a mountain, not underneath some kind of dam like in X2.
    • It would appear that Cyclops' optic blast do produce heat in this movie. Stryker's words were not proven to be inaccurate simply because the claws were heated to the point of being red hot. That even happens in the comics with Wolverine.

@ Meteorite:
    • Stryker said that he would not survive the process, not that he did not have a healing factor. Creed clearly displays that he has a healing factor in the fights with Wolverine. It implies that Creed's healing factor is not as powerful as Wolverine's in this universe. 

@ DEADPOOL
    :
    • Sabretooth is supposed to have super strength and when he does not use his claws, he generally uses that. Meaning before he breaks Wolverine like tissue paper, after the adamantium bonding, Creed does not have that ability at all.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warlock360

Don't forget that skin density...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    TOAA said:
    "@ Abnormally Warm Guy:
    • Creed is different in the Origins movie because they wanted a character worth writing about. X-Men 1 Sabretooth does not measure up.
    • Wolverine's adamantium is supposed to be beta adamantium. It heals like he does.
    • The location complaint is right. It looked nothing like X2's. Also, it was on top of a mountain, not underneath some kind of dam like in X2.
    • It would appear that Cyclops' optic blast do produce heat in this movie. Stryker's words were not proven to be inaccurate simply because the claws were heated to the point of being red hot. That even happens in the comics with Wolverine.

@ Meteorite:
    • Stryker said that he would not survive the process, not that he did not have a healing factor. Creed clearly displays that he has a healing factor in the fights with Wolverine. It implies that Creed's healing factor is not as powerful as Wolverine's in this universe. 

@ DEADPOOL
    :
    • Sabretooth is supposed to have super strength and when he does not use his claws, he generally uses that. Meaning before he breaks Wolverine like tissue paper, after the adamantium bonding, Creed does not have that ability at all.

"
    nice
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Power NeXus
    TOAA said:

Just because Wolverine's claws got really hot does not necessarily mean that Cyclops' blasts produce heat. Try hammering a few nails really hard into a piece of wood. When you are done, both the nails and the hammer face will be a bit hot. Transferrence of kinetic energy produces heat. The same principle applies to concussion beams hammering into Wolverine's claws. Although the beams themselves contained no heat, heat was produced upon impact with the claws.
    I hope that makes sense.
    TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TOAA
    I am aware of how Cyclops' powers work in the comics. However, you see during both uses of his power in the movie that they leave things charred and burnt in the movie. The friction that would be required to heat Wolverine's claws to the point of being white hot would be more than enough to toss him right off of the ledge during his fight with Weapon XI. 
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Power NeXus
    TOAA said:
    "I am aware of how Cyclops' powers work in the comics. However, you see during both uses of his power in the movie that they leave things charred and burnt in the movie. The friction that would be required to heat Wolverine's claws to the point of being white hot would be more than enough to toss him right off of the ledge during his fight with Weapon XI. "

Perhaps the movie writers decided to change Cyclops' blasts so that they would have both concussive force and heat.
    TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TOAA
    It does seem that way. Either way, the movie pleased me. 
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By dane

Honestly I don't think they had to mess with established continuity to make a decent movie except for Sabretooth and that wouldnt be an issue if they wrote him decently the first time. Theres absolutely no excuse for how retarded they made "Weapon XI" wtf just make a new character instead of breaking a good one that already exists.

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TOAA
    Dane said:
    "Honestly I don't think they had to mess with established continuity to make a decent movie except for Sabretooth and that wouldnt be an issue if they wrote him decently the first time. Theres absolutely no excuse for how retarded they made "Weapon XI" wtf just make a new character instead of breaking a good one that already exists."
    That is not Wade. So far there are three after credit endings established and one of them verifies this. 
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dane

Well I only saw one so woot.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dane

Ok that doesn't really tell me why the dude with everyones powers isnt Wade.

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TOAA
    Dane said:
    "Ok that doesn't really tell me why the dude with everyones powers isnt Wade. "
    He is a clone of Wade. That is why Wolverine thought he smelled like him. 
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dane

I see.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Power NeXus
    TOAA said:
    "Dane said:
    "Ok that doesn't really tell me why the dude with everyones powers isnt Wade. "
    He is a clone of Wade. That is why Wolverine thought he smelled like him. 
    "

How does that ending verify that he is only a clone of Wade, and not Wade himself? From what I understand, it was just a hand reaching through the rubble looking for it's head, then the head opens it's eyes and whispers SHHH at the audience.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.