Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine Brings In $35 Million On Friday

• 54 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

Have you seen "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" yet?  It seems people are all over it.  This is impressive considering the "leaked" version that came out.  Maybe Wolverine is the best there is at what he does.  Reports have the movie bringing in $35 million on Friday.  This includes just under $5 million from the midnight showings.

Original speculation placed Wolverine at $85 million for the weekend.  It looks like that could be possible.  The estimate is now being placed at $90 million.  Iron Man earned $39 million it's opening Friday.  Things are looking good for our favorite hairy mutant.

Could the 'multiple endings' have anything to do with it?  I enjoyed the movie but didn't think it was great.  I don't really see people wanting to see this twice in one weekend.  I have seen a couple online at some "news" sites (and they were quickly removed of course).

What it comes down to, a strong opening like this is important for Wolverine and comic book movies in general.  The bigger the openings are, the more likely studios will be to invest in future comic book/superhero movies.  That is another reason to not support illegal downloading of movies.  With this movie doing well, perhaps we will see a sequel and get to see Wolverine in Japan (as was seen in one of the multiple endings, sorry if I 'spoiled' things).  This will also make it possible for us to see other characters adapted for the big screen.  Hopefully it won't give studios the idea that they can just throw any script together and make a shoddy superhero movie. 

The other thing to think about for Wolverine is next weekend.  Regardless of a movie's opening weekend, the following weekend is also closely analyzed.  If it drops by a huge amount, it can be considered somewhat of a failure.  Next weekend Star Trek opens.  That could be bad news for Wolverine.  He's already had problems taking on Spock in the past.

No Caption Provided
    Will you see the movie again this weekend or just wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release?  Do you think it will break $90 million?  Do you think Star Trek is going to stomp Wolverine next week?

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By weaponxx

The movie could have been better, but I am still going to go see it again because it was a good movie. Of course Star Trek is going to over shadow Wolverine next week, it might be the same way if the two movies switched release dates so it isn't saying much. I don't think it will get 90 mil, but I really hope it does.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

A dude at IESB has seen both and said, "Wolverine may not be perfect but it sure does have less plot holes than Star Trek."  But he did like Star Trek as well.

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TOAA
    G-Man said:
    "A dude at IESB has seen both and said, "Wolverine may not be perfect but it sure does have less plot holes than Star Trek."  But he did like Star Trek as well.
    "
    That is because that guy did not read the prequel comic in my opinion. Always read the prequel comics.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
    Wolverine doing Big Things...
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

That may be the case but you shouldn't have to read a prequel comic in order to understand a movie.  Often, prequel comics are sub-par.  I've been getting the Terminator Salvation prequel comics but haven't been too impressed.  IDW does put out good comics but I don't think a big portion of the people that are going to see Star Trek will even know there's a comic.

camodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By camodude

i liked it a hole lot. i dont know if im just really bad critic or that im just a Wolverine freak but planning on seeing it again with some friends. it was actually better then id hoped loved the begining and the part of wolvie streaking! (oops spoiler)

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the movie, and i would watch it again...And of course I'm buying the DVD!

blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By blade hunter

the thing is with star trek it's alot better known to people than wolverine out side the comic book world so that will help it but i liked the wolverine film

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm gonna go ahead and say Star Trek wont effect Origins in a negative way. Its opening weekend will do okay and after that people will go back to watch Origins. Just my opinion.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I thought the movie was entertaining, but pretty stupid.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By SUNMAN

I think Star Trek will be better than Origins

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

SPOILER ALERT

I think Star Trek will be too...there were so many stupid moments in origins, and the fact that Deadpool had Katana that popped put of his arms just pised me off....its physically impossible!

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By weaponxx

How many things in comics are "physically impossible". I know what you mean, but I am not worried about it too much.

I am sure the ST movie will be good, and I really hope that Wolverine does better. I guess we'll just have to wait.  G-Man said, the one dude said it had more plot holes which is kind of surprising, but maybe that will give Origins the chance to out do Star Trek which will be a commendable accomplishment. 

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SUNMAN

I think Star Trek looks really entertaining and will probably bring a lot of people like me who do not know a lot about the movie into the fan base. Honestly, I am not expecting a lot from ST, story wise, but I expect it be much better than Wolverine origins and not as straight forward.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vindellavon

The movie was good, for what it's worth. We all knew they were going to change more than a few things, but the changes fit. There were minor plotholes, but the last plothole with Stryker and the murder seems more to be the cliffhanger. I smell a definite sequel.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By weaponxx

Yeah, what was the point of that seen? I don't see anything major coming from it.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trek will destroy Wolverine come May 8th.  I'm a die-hard X-fanatic and only a casual Trek fan at best, but I can honestly say that I got more enjoyment out of four minute-long teaser clips of Star Trek than I did out of the entire Wolverine movie.  The acting was average at best, the special effects were bad, the story was a mess, and of course we had dozens of pointless mutant cameos to amuse the fanboys which added nothing to the plot. 

I could dissect this movie to point out every specific reason why it sucked, but there's no point.  Bottom line: X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a painfully mediocre piece of work that adds nothing to the X-franchise.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SUNMAN
    Alexander Anderson said:
    "Trek will destroy Wolverine come May 8th.  I'm a die-hard X-fanatic and only a casual Trek fan at best, but I can honestly say that I got more enjoyment out of four minute-long teaser clips of Star Trek than I did out of the entire Wolverine movie.  The acting was average at best, the special effects were bad, the story was a mess, and of course we had dozens of pointless mutant cameos to amuse the fanboys which added nothing to the plot.  I could dissect this movie to point out every specific reason why it sucked, but there's no point.  Bottom line: X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a painfully mediocre piece of work that adds nothing to the X-franchise."
    totally agree
    TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TOAA
    Lunacyde said:
    "SPOILER ALERTI think Star Trek will be too...there were so many stupid moments in origins, and the fact that Deadpool had Katana that popped put of his arms just pised me off....its physically impossible!"
    Perhaps the katana telescope out like Lady Deathstrike's hands or perhaps he simply cannot bend his wrists or arms at the elbow while his swords are sheathed. 

G-Man said:
    "That may be the case but you shouldn't have to read a prequel comic in order to understand a movie.  Often, prequel comics are sub-par.  I've been getting the Terminator Salvation prequel comics but haven't been too impressed.  IDW does put out good comics but I don't think a big portion of the people that are going to see Star Trek will even know there's a comic."
    Okay. That is true. It should not be necessary. But in all honesty, the prequel comic got me just as excited as the trailers. Perhaps it was an oversight for the filmmakers to rely on the comic to bring the story together. After all, you were right in saying that most people do not even know there is a prequel comic for it.
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

Just saw Wolverine. I liked it.
    My wife thought Gambit was underused, and there was too much happening all in one movie. She gives it a five out of ten. And she lovedIron Man, both Fantastic Four movies and Spider-Man. She loves the X-Men movies. 

I've never read his first appearance in The Hulk or much of Uncanny X-Men. I was reading New Teen Titans. I never really got Wolverine. Or The Punisher. My wife loves Wolverine. Or maybe she loves Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Outside of Superman, he's just got a lot of powers to keep track of. The keen animal nature; tracking through scent, berserker rage; the healing factor, and then throw in the adamantium...Wow, that's a lot. Especially when other mutants only have one ability. I guess that's why he is the best.

If the economy were no object, I'd see it again.     

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By dane

Honestly I download as much the next person but I'll always pay for something that is worth the money. For comicbook movies sure there have been some disappointments for us fans but on the whole they've been fantastic and I'll never download one. Unless its a character I can't stand I'll always go to the movies to see it and buy the dvd if I liked it. I'll give them my money because I want more to be produced.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Media_Master

I believe that Star Trek will do better at the box office than Wolverine.

Bigger cast with more recognizable faces means more people.

Also JJ Abrams ain't bad either!

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TOAA
    @ G-Man:

I just got done talking with a friend that got to see a prescreening of Star Trek today and based off of what he told me, Star Trek will absolutely destroy Wolverine. If you are even a marginal fan of Star Trek, apparently you will forget Wolverine's name.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Just saw the movie aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd....I Love It!!! Deadpool at the End "Shhh" I smell spinoff

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IcePrince_X

Okay...how many multiple endings do we have?

Or should I wait for the movie to run for two more weeks before we start piecing in all the multiple endings...

I am getting excited of what I have been reading like "Wolverine to Japan" or Deadpool's "Shhh"... ending

This is NOT what I saw...

Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Psychotime

Pinch?

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By IcePrince_X

I saw Wolverine drinking at the bar with an asian girl bartender serving him then Stryker walking mindlessly until being caught by the army... I know... I believe I got the not so good ending... any more at add ups?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sparda

Honestly, I think that Star Trek is gonna take Origins down a few pegs come next weekend.

Anything that Abrams is involved with seems to do really, really well financially, and Trek also has it's fanbase behind it to help. Hell, I'm not even remotely a Star Trek fan (I've seen, like, one episode of the series with Picard in it) and I'm more hyped for than Origins.

captaincrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By captaincrew

I have allready seen wolverine 3 times, but its for free because i work at the cinema. I have made all my friends see it. All i hear is a great like for deadpool people who know nothing about him, love him. I hope all this talk leads to a Deadpool movie.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    Sparda said:
    "Honestly, I think that Star Trek is gonna take Origins down a few pegs come next weekend.Anything that Abrams is involved with seems to do really, really well financially, and Trek also has it's fanbase behind it to help. Hell, I'm not even remotely a Star Trek fan (I've seen, like, one episode of the series with Picard in it) and I'm more hyped for than Origins."
    Well Star Trek probably has a bigger fanbase anyways so I won't be surprised if it dose

IcePrince_X
    said:
    "Okay...how many multiple endings do we have?Or should I wait for the movie to run for two more weeks before we start piecing in all the multiple endings...I am getting excited of what I have been reading like "Wolverine to Japan" or Deadpool's "Shhh"... endingThis is NOT what I saw..."
    I saw Deadpool's ending but what about this Japan ending???
    charlespdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By charlespdk

A strong opening weekend is just the result of marketing and anticipation. How it does in the weeks that follow is typically determined by the movie's overall quality as is expressed by critics and, IMO more importantly, word of mouth. Wolverine won't last long unless FOX's marketing team kicks it into gear with some well-placed tv spots with some out of context reviews splashing the screen, and lots of them. People are sheep and need a sound to follow.

spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spartan177

I'm placing bets that Star Trek will stump Wolverine.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
    I went to see Wolverine again tonight at the theaters with some of my Cousins... and I must say it was still as great as the First Time... well sort of at least... you know how Some Folks are when they get into the Movie Theaters... Wanna Talk through the Whole Fu#king Movie... makes me so Angry
    Skellex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Skellex

The actors were good. But the movie could've been better.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

The movie was great, they didn't stay with the whole comic origin of Wolverine but they did put most of the important parts in, Gambit, Blob, Sabertooth, and Wrath(think I misspelled that) were great, Deadpool at the first part was spot on, humor and good fighting skills, the last part with him in one way was weird and a little domb but other could explain how he got his power and could probably be fixed in a spinoff (if done right that is), lots of action, special effects, cool characters, and a really good movie. - W.K. :D 

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn said:
    "Wolverine doing Big Things...
    "
    tee-hee!

SUNMAN said:
    "I think Star Trek will be better than Origins"
    i think Terminator will put them both in the ground.

War Killer said:
    "Just saw the movie aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd....I Love It!!! Deadpool at the End "Shhh" I smell spinoff"
    throws up at the mention of the movie Deadpool

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Ha! Deadpool brakes the fourth wall!

CATMANEXE said:

"King Saturn said:
    "Wolverine doing Big Things...
    "
    tee-hee!

SUNMAN said:
    "I think Star Trek will be better than Origins"
    i think Terminator will put them both in the ground.

War Killer said:
    "Just saw the movie aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd....I Love It!!! Deadpool at the End "Shhh" I smell spinoff"
    throws up at the mention of the movie Deadpool"
    Some one needs a Barf Bag...Yeah the guy above me

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mattydeNero

First off, Terminator Salvation will be a mess of a film.  The only thing it will be putting in the ground will be itself.  I just have that feeling.  I'll pay the money to go see it, and I hope it's awesome.  But I am doubting that, it just looks like the story of the first T-100.

As for Star Trek getting the best of Wolvie this weekend?  Probably.  I actually think the film will eventually make more than Wolverine in the long run.

G-Man has a great point.  STAR TREK: COUNTDOWN is now available in trade form.  PICK IT UP IF YOU PLAN ON SEEING THIS FILM IN THE NEXT FOUR DAYS.  You'll thank us for it.

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    mattydee007 said:
    "First off, Terminator Salvation will be a mess of a film.  The only thing it will be putting in the ground will be itself.  I just have that feeling.  I'll pay the money to go see it, and I hope it's awesome.  But I am doubting that, it just looks like the story of the first T-100.

As for Star Trek getting the best of Wolvie this weekend?  Probably.  I actually think the film will eventually make more than Wolverine in the long run.

G-Man has a great point.  STAR TREK: COUNTDOWN is now available in trade form.  PICK IT UP IF YOU PLAN ON SEEING THIS FILM IN THE NEXT FOUR DAYS.  You'll thank us for it.

No Caption Provided
    "
    Ooooooooh...Pretty, Pretty
    TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TOAA
    War Killer said:
    "The movie was great, they didn't stay with the whole comic origin of Wolverine but they did put most of the important parts in, Gambit, Blob, Sabertooth, and Wrath(think I misspelled that) were great, Deadpool at the first part was spot on, humor and good fighting skills, the last part with him in one way was weird and a little domb but other could explain how he got his power and could probably be fixed in a spinoff (if done right that is), lots of action, special effects, cool characters, and a really good movie. - W.K. :D  "
    Not Wade. 
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    TOAA said:
    "War Killer said:
    "The movie was great, they didn't stay with the whole comic origin of Wolverine but they did put most of the important parts in, Gambit, Blob, Sabertooth, and Wrath(think I misspelled that) were great, Deadpool at the first part was spot on, humor and good fighting skills, the last part with him in one way was weird and a little domb but other could explain how he got his power and could probably be fixed in a spinoff (if done right that is), lots of action, special effects, cool characters, and a really good movie. - W.K. :D  "
    Not Wade. 
    "
    What do you mean?
    TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TOAA
    I do apologize. I thought you were referencing the final battle in the movie against Deadpool, not Wade.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    TOAA said:
    "I do apologize. I thought you were referencing the final battle in the movie against Deadpool, not Wade."
    Wade and Deadppol at the begining and end is the same guy
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vindellavon
    weaponx said:
    "Yeah, what was the point of that seen? I don't see anything major coming from it. "

Doesn't seem to be anything major for Wolverine, but could play enough for a Deadpool spinoff. Hmm, maybe a sequel isn't the answer. Strker gets questioned for the murder, and whilst unraveling his deepest. darkest secrets, Deadpool and Jason make it to the police report. I can imagine 'Pool getting his arse off the floor and going after Stryker for 'turning' him. But nonetheless, that last scene did nothing for the movie itself.
    TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TOAA
    War Killer said:
    "TOAA said:
    "I do apologize. I thought you were referencing the final battle in the movie against Deadpool, not Wade."
    Wade and Deadppol at the begining and end is the same guy"
    That is not correct. There is an ending that confirms this. Wade picks up Deadpool's head and asks who he was supposed to be.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    Vindellavon said:
    "weaponx said:
    "Yeah, what was the point of that seen? I don't see anything major coming from it. "
    Doesn't seem to be anything major for Wolverine, but could play enough for a Deadpool spinoff. Hmm, maybe a sequel isn't the answer. Strker gets questioned for the murder, and whilst unraveling his deepest. darkest secrets, Deadpool and Jason make it to the police report. I can imagine 'Pool getting his arse off the floor and going after Stryker for 'turning' him. But nonetheless, that last scene did nothing for the movie itself."
    Some one did say a good idea (I think mite have been in another post) but have Deadpool on the run from the army/Weapon X because he's a crazy freak and they don't want people knowing about there mistakes and during this time on the run we see The Merc with a Mouth we all know and love become real
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vindellavon
    War Killer said:
    "Vindellavon said:
    "weaponx said:
    Doesn't seem to be anything major for Wolverine, but could play enough for a Deadpool spinoff. Hmm, maybe a sequel isn't the answer. Strker gets questioned for the murder, and whilst unraveling his deepest. darkest secrets, Deadpool and Jason make it to the police report. I can imagine 'Pool getting his arse off the floor and going after Stryker for 'turning' him. But nonetheless, that last scene did nothing for the movie itself."
    Some one did say a good idea (I think mite have been in another post) but have Deadpool on the run from the army/Weapon X because he's a crazy freak and they don't want people knowing about there mistakes and during this time on the run we see The Merc with a Mouth we all know and love become real"

'Pool on the run seems likely, but I highly doubt he'll go about it without style. I have no doubt Stryker getting away with the murder, but I see a close 'Pool/Jason complex for the movies, with Stryker after 'Pool since he firmly believes that 'Pool was created to be in control. I mean, they all add up. Jason was the first, Wolverine was the last, and they were both mixed together to create the Deadpool. We saw 'Pool in the movie, but we really didn't get to know him, and he didn't speak, except in the alternate ending. Deadpool on the run for his life, for his money, and for his mouth seems highly probable, and something FOX might be able to pull off if they try hard enough.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    Vindellavon said:
    "War Killer said:
    "Vindellavon said:
    "weaponx said:
    Some one did say a good idea (I think mite have been in another post) but have Deadpool on the run from the army/Weapon X because he's a crazy freak and they don't want people knowing about there mistakes and during this time on the run we see The Merc with a Mouth we all know and love become real"
    'Pool on the run seems likely, but I highly doubt he'll go about it without style. I have no doubt Stryker getting away with the murder, but I see a close 'Pool/Jason complex for the movies, with Stryker after 'Pool since he firmly believes that 'Pool was created to be in control. I mean, they all add up. Jason was the first, Wolverine was the last, and they were both mixed together to create the Deadpool. We saw 'Pool in the movie, but we really didn't get to know him, and he didn't speak, except in the alternate ending. Deadpool on the run for his life, for his money, and for his mouth seems highly probable, and something FOX might be able to pull off if they try hard enough."
    Yeah if they try, I don't hate Fox I just think they can go futher with the movies
    shankarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By shankarma

may be who knows i didnt go see it

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    shankarma said:
    "may be who knows i didnt go see it "

You Should it's a good movie and has lots of more Mutants then just Wolverine

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.