Wolverine: AVX

#1 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers or X-men. Which side should Wolverine choose and why??

#2 Edited by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm hard to say, I have this tiny feeling he is the peace maker in all this. Anyways, not an easy question to answer I would take a guess will depend on what the Avengers try to do to Hope, but I think IMO he should start on he X-men side.

Well if we go with the logic that he wants to let children be children ideology, One would assume he would side with Hope at that start of it all. Him knowing that Hope is innocent in all of this. It's not like anyone was given the choice of being the Phoenix host. Would he switch sides once he feel the only way to save the world is to kill Hope, yes, but I would assume give Her a chance before stabbing her.

In all logic not sure if killing Hope (If that is what the Avengers try to do) will stop the Phoenix for doing what it is here to do. It's been shown in Morrison's run that Quainton at some point might be the Phoenix also (assuming that is him in the picture, no name stated, New Xmen 154), so one could assume if Hope is not useable, He should be. So That also would leave Logan in a even worse spot then with Hope.

In the end I feel it wont matter, not once has the Phoenix appeared and not "burned away" what was required, that i can remember. Unless Hope is what needs to be burned away, in some odd plot twist.

#3 Posted by War Killer (20138 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. it wouldn't make sense for him to join Cyclops after everything that just went down between them so soon. Plus, from how Scott was talking in the preview of AvX #1 about using the Phoenix and Hope as a source of power, I don't think Wolverine would support that idea after everything that happened with Jean Grey.

#4 Posted by Alpha_Omega (24 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men,but i honestly feel he's on his own side,turning the tide for scott & steve while alternating his motives as the story goes i hope whatever happens he wins :)

#5 Posted by Onihana (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis:

I know what you mean..... I know i am asking a lot but god i hope they write it well.

As for Scott, makes know since why he would try to harness the power of the phoenix. The man knows what it can do, knows it hasn't ever been completely controllable. Jean was closest to "control" why would he really try. Just bad writing and forced events sadly.

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

He's siding with the X-men. His school is siding with the X-men and the book the school is in is named after him. Therefore unless they want to cancel Wolverine and the X-men he will side with the X-men. He may not smooth things over with Cyke but he will definitely side with X-men gold side

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I'd like to see him remain neutral.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

Me too. I can't really imagine him picking sides over this. Wolverine seems like the type of person who doesn't try to get involved in fights between other people, but I bet that Marvel is going to do something dumb during the AvX.
#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Me too. I can't really imagine him picking sides over this. Wolverine seems like the type of person who doesn't try to get involved in fights between other people, but I bet that Marvel is going to do something dumb during the AvX.

No doubt that they will just throw him on one side and won't explain why. I personally prefer him neutral because the mutants are his race, his people, but the Avengers have been his teammates for years now. I don't want to see him picking sides like Spiderman was forced to in Civil War.

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@BlackArmor said:

He's siding with the X-men. His school is siding with the X-men and the book the school is in is named after him. Therefore unless they want to cancel Wolverine and the X-men he will side with the X-men. He may not smooth things over with Cyke but he will definitely side with X-men gold side

I would think so too, but after his conversation with Captain America recently, I am inclined to think not. As for the book, I can see your point, but the writers caring for that type of common sense would surprise me, lol.

Your right, I forgot that Marvel has (d)evolved past the need for common sense

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Deranged Midget said:

No doubt that they will just throw him on one side and won't explain why. I personally prefer him neutral because the mutants are his race, his people, but the Avengers have been his teammates for years now. I don't want to see him picking sides like Spiderman was forced to in Civil War.

Yeah, that was terrible on how Marvel forced Spiderman to choose sides when he was friends with both sides.  They unfortunately might do the same thing to Wolverine, which really isn't fair.
#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Yeah, that was terrible on how Marvel forced Spiderman to choose sides when he was friends with both sides. They unfortunately might do the same thing to Wolverine, which really isn't fair.

I think it'd be better if Logan was just left out of the action and remained as a neutral party. He'd be in the series, but not in the final battle.

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Yeah, that was terrible on how Marvel forced Spiderman to choose sides when he was friends with both sides. They unfortunately might do the same thing to Wolverine, which really isn't fair.

I think it'd be better if Logan was just left out of the action and remained as a neutral party. He'd be in the series, but not in the final battle.

Yeah, especially if he is running a school.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.