Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine and no x-men cartoon for HBO.

X-93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By X-93

I know that Wolverine is in way too many titles, including his own along with X-men and new avengers.  Oh yeah and Avengers.    I wanna know how many fans out there would love to see for once a cartoon (adult preferably) with Wolverine in it and no x-men.  Unless they are just guest appearances in the story taking place.   I'm kinda tired of watching cool stories about the  weapon -x program and the next time the whole show is about how Scott can't live without jean or they are tracking down Jean.   Just wanna see more claw ripping action about wolverine and his past or x-23 or something.  Pair him up with Domino or a different character every week.  Tell me what u think viners.

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @X-93:
    Sure but the first team up is with Deadpool
    Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jubilantlad

Uh no. The last thing we need is another Marvel related thing with Wolverine in it. As you said yourself, Wolverine is in too many titles. Cut it down to two at most in my opinion.

Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Roninidas
    @X-93 said:
    "I know that Wolverine is in way too many titles, including his own along with X-men and new avengers.  Oh yeah and Avengers.    I wanna know how many fans out there would love to see for once a cartoon (adult preferably) with Wolverine in it and no x-men.  Unless they are just guest appearances in the story taking place.   I'm kinda tired of watching cool stories about the  weapon -x program and the next time the whole show is about how Scott can't live without jean or they are tracking down Jean.   Just wanna see more claw ripping action about wolverine and his past or x-23 or something.  Pair him up with Domino or a different character every week.  Tell me what u think viners. "

Well, I think the outside the Comics Media has not tapped into the full potential character of Wolverine.  I think  R-Rated HBO Live Action Show solely revolving around Wolverine could do quite well.  This would be an opportunity to capture his character on TV the way it is meant to be seen.  I would even place it pre-X-Men and show him struggling with his inner demons.  I would also avoid guest appareances too for the most part for the first couple of Seasons actually.  I would concentrate on what we know from Wolverine's past.  I think telling the story from the time he escaped Weapon X would be the starting point.  I would also like to set-up the storyline for Sabretooth to be introduced from the Story Arc where he comes back ont he anniersary of Silver Fox's Death to Torment Wolverine. 
    blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By blade hunter
    @Mr. Dead Pool said:
    " @X-93: Sure but the first team up is with Deadpool "
    Why deadpool? he's in as many titles as Logan these days.
    Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Manchine

Wolverine, I am not a fan of wolverine.  So I got to say "NO".  If it got to DVD I might rent it.  Now if it had deadpool in it.  Then it would be HELL NO!  I wouldn't touch it at all.   

Nuff Said.  =)
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @blade hunter:
    First off read the user name and second I'm one of the few people who isn't tired of too much DP. Sure I don't buy every book he has but still a mega fan
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By N7_Normandy

Personally, I would love to see an adult-focused wolverine series.  It would be awesome to see a gritty and brutal portrayl of wolverine on television.

logansgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By logansgirl
    @X-93:  I'd watch it.
    digpick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By digpick

that would be pretty cool..

Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, It would rock to see an animated series with Wolverine in the focus, the way he's menat to be portrayed. I'd especially appreciate it if hte mature contents wouldn't just exhaust in excessive violence and sex scenes but would also indicate deep, psychologically detailed charatcerisation, exploring Wolverine's complex, contradictional presonality, and maybe some other social\psychological issues. It could be intenstive, thrilling, yet substantial at the same time.

VickyVons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By VickyVons
    @Jubilantlad said:
    " Uh no. The last thing we need is another Marvel related thing with Wolverine in it. As you said yourself, Wolverine is in too many titles. Cut it down to two at most in my opinion. "

i 100% stand by that statement, i think marvel should start using other characters, because as much as i like wolverine, i think he is way Overexposed. Marvel has way too many interesting characters and good stories they can use, but we always get fed the same ones over and over again.  
    Raionherustsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Raionherustsu

I'd like to see that. 
    And there's going to be a Wolverine anime next year (I think). The story may be good, but the creator(s) already ruined his look (tall and with long hair? That's not Wolverine...)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.