Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Wolverine 55 review

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By fesak  Moderator

OK, i can't even describe how bad the latest Wolverine story was. But Paul O'Brien can, check it out:

http://www.thexaxis.com/wolverine/wolverine55.htm

I completely agree with him on every point, this is so bad i'ts not even funny. I'm certain that anyone who knows who Wolverine is can write up a better story.

Discuss.

Liverwurst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Liverwurst

Something I noticed, Wolverine's new history is remarkably similar to what was revealed about him in Paradise X.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Loeb is a chronic retconner, bugs me. I don't know if my scorn should be saved for the editors that let him get away with it.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NiteFly

Rather than pissing all over the origin of a great character Loeb should have worked to tie Wolverine: Origin (a beautiful piece of work) into official continuity. I blame both him and the editors. I wholeheartedly agree that while Wolverine: Origins is shit, at least it didn't do any real damage to the character. The whole "Wolverine is really a mutated wolverine" idea was ditched a long time ago for a good reason. Loeb had no good reason to try to revive the idea. I just hope that someone comes along soon and fixes this mess with another retcon.

As a display of how generous I am I will even throw out a few story ideas for marvel to cover up the mess:

1. Simply ignore it and write something better (or use Origin).

2. Wolverine/Sabretooth/everyone else haphazardly thrown into the story were mind-controlled to make them believe that they were all descendants of an ancient line of wolf people, but they never were.

3. Write an official retraction in Wizard and give Loeb a swift kick in the balls. Blame his ignorance on drugs and put him in rehab to shape back up before allowing him to pick up a pen.

Seriously, how the hell do the editors at Marvel allow calamities like this to occur?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Darkchild

ok so how did Feral die

Mantid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Mantid

I hated this story. All I have to say.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Phorqe

I haven't read much Wolverine lately, I picked up a few of the new origins books a few months ago. There was one where he finally met his son Daken, and there was no dialogue at at all. It took like two minutes to read. I was a little disappointed. The art was ok and all but that was still the quickest book I've ever read.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.