Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16085 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Why Wolverine Became so popular & what I'm scared of

TrollHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrollHunter

I think we all love a tough anti hero with a dark sense of humor.

What I'm scared of is that his character is going to become this Strange multiple personalty thing depending on the writers whims, where he's really nice in some comics. A stone cold Killer in others, and a alcoholic monosyllabic chauvinistic trouble maker in others.

Wolverines an @sshole but he's our the fans favorite @sshole. He's not a baby sitter or a team player, or the kind of guy to get bothered about it or other people.

So HOW the hell is he now the Principle of a school for mutants. I know people change & when you live for ever you can change a lot Character development blah blah blah , but this is just to much.

Their trying to Take away wolverines edge their trying to de-claw him, this is just wrong (pause) yes it is

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RogueOracle

Marvel just pimps him out wherever they can make money. He sells comics and they know it. His characterization is just really inconsistent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I reckon that wolverine is a genuinely nice guy but all the pain he has gone through in the past has made him a bit irritable at times

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By KainScion

@TrollHunter: oh yes lets make everybody one sided, no character development or layers. dc is doing the same thing to batman but nobody is talking sh!t about that guy.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

it's a bit late to be worried about this 

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By X35

@spiderbat87 said:

it's a bit late to be worried about this

Haha my exact thought when i saw the post

This has been happening to Wolverine for years now. One day he can be slicing a guy's throat, the next he can be getting told off by Aunt May, the the next he can be cutting a guy's eyeball out, the next he can be getting beat up by Squirrel Girl.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By KenTheProfile

@TrollHunter:

Yes this could happen. but also that whats part of Wolverines appel is that a writer can makes his past be anything and still be in perfect continuity. you have in effect a immortal being with mortal emotions. i can make him ferrel one day and civil the next. and the whole school thing actally fits rather nice with is personality. Wolverine is trying to instill a sense of honor code in his students, which has always been a big part of him. also lve chamges thing more then anyother thing ever is jean's death.

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mtrakos

@RogueOracle said:

Marvel just pimps him out wherever they can make money. He sells comics and they know it. His characterization is just really inconsistent.

The last comic of his I read was "Old man logan" Other than that he's dead to me. Black ops murderer, nice guy, confused lost puppy, New Charles Xavier. In every comic, marvel watered down their franchise boy too much

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

@KainScion said:

@TrollHunter: oh yes lets make everybody one sided, no character development or layers. dc is doing the same thing to batman but nobody is talking sh!t about that guy.

I dont know about Logan but DC is'nt doing anything like the OP is suggesting to Batman,try again.

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RogueOracle

@mtrakos: Agreed. His character development and characterization has just been bastardize.

TrollHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrollHunter

@X35: I kinda want to be beaten up by squirrel girl to but then I'm just weird like that, i think it's a tail thing

@spiderbat87: Never give up hope

MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MoonstoneEvil

Yeah his characterisation is all over the place.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13  Edited By x_29

Idk and idc. Im fine with it.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Do folks even read Wolverine? I mean, do they actually read the stories or just base opinion off opinion without really pulling a few Wolverine books monthly. Wolverine and the X-Men is a great read and Jason Aaron is doing a great job writing a very Wolverine-like headmaster.

Wolverine lives by a code of honor. Opening a school sees him backing his moral code in a different kind of battle. He's just as tenacious about it as he is facing any other antagonist to cross his sense of right and wrong.

That said, there are a lot of crap stories out there and inconsistencies, sure. But point out an icon who hasn't had their share.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.