Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Why Wolverine?

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By BuddyBulson

I am not going to write why I don't like Wolverine, I want to know what makes people weak in the knees over this guy?

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Shadowdoggy

i dunno, it's just one of the many marvel mysteries of life 
    maybe because he's the bad boy who plays by his own set of rules? 
    because he's the badass with a heart of gold? 
    maybe it's the hair....... 
    no, no it's not the hair
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @Shadowdoggy:  or maybe its like Twilight, people are fools and like what they are told to like.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @BuddyBulson:
    I know I do 
    now if you'll excuse me, I have to get in my Hummer and buy a pair of Crocs
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @Shadowdoggy:  and people wonder why the Origins movie sucked... the changed it to make the plot interesting, which bombed. but if they kept it to the comic the non fans would walk out shaking their heads. I saw it in theaters with a group of NONcomic fans. and they ALL loved it.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @BuddyBulson:
    tell me about it 
    there were people in the audience freaking out....and CLAPPING!!!! 
    clapping? come on! 
    that movie was a trainwreck 
    the only thing I wanted to see was Gambit and they screwed him up royally 
    what, that guy couldn't throw a card? 
    they had to fly out of his hand like he's a fricking magician? 
    lame! 
    and why make Fox a mutant? 
    what does that solve or improve? 
    oh 20th Century Fox, you can bite me now and forever
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @Shadowdoggy:  i didnt HATE gambit but i didnt like him either. the movie was just another thing for me. But this is not about the movie. its about the comic character. who will ever know why people like him.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Wolverine used to be really cool in the 90's, idk how he could be that cool now lol

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

the only time i'm weak in the knees for this guy is when i see Hugh Jackman playing him... other then that... nothing special about him... 

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @IllyanaRasputin:
    QFT! 
    in the 80's and 90's he was always portrayed as grizzled, old-ish and hairy as hell 
    he wasn't really a sexy guy 
    Hugh Jackman seems to have changed that
    Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By IllyanaRasputin
    @Shadowdoggy: LOL. 

which is the only time i enjoy him.... i do not like the short grizzly angry guy type lmao.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @IllyanaRasputin:
    nah, me neither 
    no offense to the short bears out there- holla!
    Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@BuddyBulson said:

" I am not going to write why I don't like Wolverine, I want to know what makes people weak in the knees over this guy? "

It's pretty simple. Byronic hero, mysterious "Man with no-name" archetype, on a never ending quest for Redemption that he knows is doomed to fail. That's compiling stuff. He is essentially the persona that Batman is trying to sell to the criminal under belly... except in Wolverine's case it makes sense and you can buy that people might actually be afraid of him (there is also an internal logic to the character and his motivations that Batman frankly lacks). Wolverine is this embodiment of conflicting principles and ideologies, and is fundamentally at war with his very nature every second of the day. It's this same duality that allows for more drama, complex and varied stories featuring the character. It's man vs nature. It's nature vs nurture. It's evolution vs science. It's hero vs villain. It's samurai vs berserker. It's all of that in one character. An internal struggle in a classic underdog story where the real enemy is Wolverine himself. Batman is a hero. Spider-man is a hero. Superman is a hero. Captain America is a hero. Wolverine isn't a hero. He is a man who by all rights should be a villain, who's nature and instinct tells him to kill and take what he wants... but he wakes up every day and tries to be a good man.  Whether he succeeds or not is relevant, it is the struggle that matters. The reality is Wolverine is one of the most complex characters in main stream comics, and certainly the most complex hero.
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By SladeRogers
    @thegentlemanrogue:
    I couldn't have said it better. Actually I couldn't have sai dit like that at all.
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @SladeRogers:  most people couldnt and those are good reasons but most people just like logan cuz he is a shoot first ask questions later kind of guy. which i am not. so this is very good insight to a character i dont care for much.
    Lion_Heart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Lion_Heart22

@thegentlemanrogue:
    Kudos on your answer. You seem like a true comic fan and a true Wolverine fan, which, in my opinion, is not common. 
    I believe most people who like Wolverine are like BuddyBulson wrote, just like the Twilight fans. They are suckers for whatever the media throws at them. It tells them: "This guy here, here's the cool guy, you should like him", and they mindlessly follow. Wolverine is indeed a very complex character, and its a shame all of his complexity is lost on 90% of his fans, or even in a lot of writers. As complex as Wolverine is, many stories with him are just "Bub-Snikt-Ripp-smoke cigar-say cool phrase", which is or should be a crime considering the potential scope and depth of the character. I don't agree with the points you make about Batman though. For me, I always liked Wolverine, but now, his over exposure, his mindless and raving fans and they way they usually write him has just made me like him less and less. I love the core of his character, but all of this is just ridiculous. He's probably just a couple of teams short of being in every team in Marvel U, and I particularly dislike how all other characters around him get shafted in his favor, especially when dealing with more commercial endeavors like movies (X3 comes to mind) and series (WOLVERINE!!!!!!!!!!....  oh, and the x-men too). Honestly, to me at least, he is overrated (particularly powerwise), a thing he shares with Hulk.    
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @thegentlemanrogue said:

" @BuddyBulson said:

" I am not going to write why I don't like Wolverine, I want to know what makes people weak in the knees over this guy? "

It's pretty simple. Byronic hero, mysterious "Man with no-name" archetype, on a never ending quest for Redemption that he knows is doomed to fail. That's compiling stuff. He is essentially the persona that Batman is trying to sell to the criminal under belly... except in Wolverine's case it makes sense and you can buy that people might actually be afraid of him (there is also an internal logic to the character and his motivations that Batman frankly lacks). Wolverine is this embodiment of conflicting principles and ideologies, and is fundamentally at war with his very nature every second of the day. It's this same duality that allows for more drama, complex and varied stories featuring the character. It's man vs nature. It's nature vs nurture. It's evolution vs science. It's hero vs villain. It's samurai vs berserker. It's all of that in one character. An internal struggle in a classic underdog story where the real enemy is Wolverine himself. Batman is a hero. Spider-man is a hero. Superman is a hero. Captain America is a hero. Wolverine isn't a hero. He is a man who by all rights should be a villain, who's nature and instinct tells him to kill and take what he wants... but he wakes up every day and tries to be a good man.  Whether he succeeds or not is relevant, it is the struggle that matters. The reality is Wolverine is one of the most complex characters in main stream comics, and certainly the most complex hero. "
    He's not a Byronic hero. Lelouch Lamperouge is a byronic hero. Bruce Wayne is a byronic hero. Byronic heroes are suave, intelligent and borderline sociopathic save for their deep-seated good-heartedness. Wolverine isn't any of those. He's a good guy, but he just stabs people, he doesn't manipulate them.

I'm not bagging Logan, just thought I'd clear that up :)
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GT-Man

Cauze he is a BADASS MOTHERFU%$ER THATS WHY
    ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ironshadow
    @BuddyBulson said:
    " @Shadowdoggy:  or maybe its like Twilight, people are fools and like what they are told to like. "
    It's nothing like Twilight  

@GT-Man said:
    " Cauze he is a BADASS MOTHERFU%$ER THATS WHY "  
    That's why
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By IrishX
    @BuddyBulson said:
    "or maybe its like Twilight, people are fools and like what they are told to like. "

Or maybe it's because everyone has different opinions. I have seen you post your hatred of Wolverine on several occasions. I find it funny how obsessed you are with a character you dislike so much. 

Thanks for creating one more hate thread.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @IrishX said:
    " @BuddyBulson said:
    "or maybe its like Twilight, people are fools and like what they are told to like. "
    Or maybe it's because everyone has different opinions. I have seen you post your hatred of Wolverine on several occasions. I find it funny how obsessed you are with a character you dislike so much.  Thanks for creating one more hate thread. "
    Sometimes people just need a good slap though (metaphorically). I used to b***h about Wolverine all the time til you called me out on it, now I respect the character much more :)
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @Lion_Heart22:   NOW I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER MYSELF THANKS

@IrishX: if this was a hate thread i would have written what i dont like about him, i was asking his true fans to step up and give me a reason why some people blindly like the guy. I dont like a lot of characters but it seems i bitch about Logan b/c he is EVERYWHERE! if they could put him in DC im sure they would. But havnt said anything bad about him i just wanted to hear what others thought about him. I think the soul character is interesting but it has been lost over the years, Wolverine Origins is easily the best Logan story out there for me, and thats not saying too much. 
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IrishX
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @IrishX said:
    " @BuddyBulson said:
    Or maybe it's because everyone has different opinions. I have seen you post your hatred of Wolverine on several occasions. I find it funny how obsessed you are with a character you dislike so much.  Thanks for creating one more hate thread. "
    Sometimes people just need a good slap though (metaphorically). I used to b***h about Wolverine all the time til you called me out on it, now I respect the character much more :) "

I don't mean to be an @ss myself. Sometimes I just don't express myself so great (I'm a bit of a salty dog). But the characters that I don't personally like I usually just don't read about or talk about. I don't visit the battle forums much and I can see how people would get annoyed by things there but in that case again just avoid the topic.

I just think people's different tastes should be more appreciated. If everyone liked the same characters what fun would that be? 

Dark Noldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1014

#23  Edited By Dark Noldor

I´ve always liked Wolverine because of: 1) his personality; 2) his powers; 3) his berseker rage; 4) his mysterious past and 5) he´s the best there is

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By IrishX
    @BuddyBulson:
    I don't know. To me it seems like you don't really want to know why people like him. It's not like you are some new person to comics trying to learn about him. You have already made up your mind that you don't like him and just look at your response to the first reply you got in the thread..... a twilight insult.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Dark Noldor said:
    " I´ve always liked Wolverine because of: 1) his personality; 2) his powers; 3) his berseker rage; 4) his mysterious past and 5) he´s the best there is "
    I like him when he's on the X-Men, X-Force and in his own series, not when he's an Avenger. It makes no sense. Though the same can be said for Spider-Man.
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @thegentlemanrogue said:

" @BuddyBulson said:

It's pretty simple. Byronic hero, mysterious "Man with no-name" archetype, on a never ending quest for Redemption that he knows is doomed to fail. That's compiling stuff. He is essentially the persona that Batman is trying to sell to the criminal under belly... except in Wolverine's case it makes sense and you can buy that people might actually be afraid of him (there is also an internal logic to the character and his motivations that Batman frankly lacks). Wolverine is this embodiment of conflicting principles and ideologies, and is fundamentally at war with his very nature every second of the day. It's this same duality that allows for more drama, complex and varied stories featuring the character. It's man vs nature. It's nature vs nurture. It's evolution vs science. It's hero vs villain. It's samurai vs berserker. It's all of that in one character. An internal struggle in a classic underdog story where the real enemy is Wolverine himself. Batman is a hero. Spider-man is a hero. Superman is a hero. Captain America is a hero. Wolverine isn't a hero. He is a man who by all rights should be a villain, who's nature and instinct tells him to kill and take what he wants... but he wakes up every day and tries to be a good man.  Whether he succeeds or not is relevant, it is the struggle that matters. The reality is Wolverine is one of the most complex characters in main stream comics, and certainly the most complex hero. "
    He's not a Byronic hero. Lelouch Lamperouge is a byronic hero. Bruce Wayne is a byronic hero. Byronic heroes are suave, intelligent and borderline sociopathic save for their deep-seated good-heartedness. Wolverine isn't any of those. He's a good guy, but he just stabs people, he doesn't manipulate them.  I'm not bagging Logan, just thought I'd clear that up :) "
    Only if you are judging solely on superficial surface qualities of what defines a Byronic Hero. There is more to being a Byronic Hero than being handsome, dapper and charismatic, and if you made a check list of qualities that define a Byronic Hero Wolverine would have more checks in his column than Batman would.

Conflicting emotions and bipolar tendencies? Check. Outcast or exile? Check. Troubled mysterious past? Check. Cynical and jaded? Check. Arrogant? He is the self proclaimed "best at what he does," so you tell me. Check. Self-destructive behavior? Check. Trouble with integrity? Big check. Loner? Check. Harbors guilt for past crimes? Check. Self aware and introspective? Check. Seductive and magnetic? Check.  Cunning? Check.

It is only some of the superficial qualities liked handsomeness that Wolverine might not possess, (depending on who is on art duties) but even then the Byronic Hero is supposed to possess an exotic attractiveness that Wolverine has more than Batman. He isn't always depicted as classically handsome but he always has the kavorka or animal magnetism. Really the only qualities of a Byronic Hero that Wolverine doesn't embody are sophistication and education, (and he has faked the former on several occasions being he is a super spy and all); and while he may not be a Batman level super genious he still intelligent, more so than the average man at the very least.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @thegentlemanrogue said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @BuddyBulson said:

He's not a Byronic hero. Lelouch Lamperouge is a byronic hero. Bruce Wayne is a byronic hero. Byronic heroes are suave, intelligent and borderline sociopathic save for their deep-seated good-heartedness. Wolverine isn't any of those. He's a good guy, but he just stabs people, he doesn't manipulate them.  I'm not bagging Logan, just thought I'd clear that up :) "
    Only if you are judging solely on superficial surface qualities of what defines a Byronic Hero. There is more to being a Byronic Hero than being handsome, dapper and charismatic, and if you made a check list of qualities that define a Byronic Hero Wolverine would have more checks in his column than Batman would.

Conflicting emotions and bipolar tendencies? Check. Outcast or exile? Check. Troubled mysterious past? Check. Cynical and jaded? Check. Arrogant? He is the self proclaimed "best at what he does," so you tell me. Check. Self-destructive behavior? Check. Trouble with integrity? Big check. Loner? Check. Harbors guilt for past crimes? Check. Self aware and introspective? Check. Seductive and magnetic? Check.  Cunning? Check.

It is only some of the superficial qualities liked handsomeness that Wolverine might not possess, (depending on who is on art duties) but even then the Byronic Hero is supposed to possess an exotic attractiveness that Wolverine has more than Batman. He isn't always depicted as classically handsome but he always has the kavorka or animal magnetism. Really the only qualities of a Byronic Hero that Wolverine doesn't embody are sophistication and education, (and he has faked the former on several occasions being he is a super spy and all); and while he may not be a Batman level super genious he still intelligent, more so than the average man at the very least. "
    The byronic hero is a person who embodies Machiavellian sensibilities. Wolverine's a badass, he's just not that type of badass. Doom is more Byronic that Logan.
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Dark Noldor said:
    " I´ve always liked Wolverine because of: 1) his personality; 2) his powers; 3) his berseker rage; 4) his mysterious past and 5) he´s the best there is "
    I like him when he's on the X-Men, X-Force and in his own series, not when he's an Avenger. It makes no sense. Though the same can be said for Spider-Man. "
    Actually it makes perfect sense for him and Spider-man to be on the Avengers. The Avengers is supposed to be the best of the best of MU on one team, like the JLA. People want the best heroes in on title interacting and playing off each other. Imagine if the core leaguers like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash were all always on separate team books... that would suck.

That said I don't know why they are still on the New Avengers, it should just be the core team.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @thegentlemanrogue said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Dark Noldor said:
    I like him when he's on the X-Men, X-Force and in his own series, not when he's an Avenger. It makes no sense. Though the same can be said for Spider-Man. "
    Actually it makes perfect sense for him and Spider-man to be on the Avengers. The Avengers is supposed to be the best of the best of MU on one team, like the JLA. People want the best heroes in on title interacting and playing off each other. Imagine if the core leaguers like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash were all always on separate team books... that would suck.   That said I don't know why they are still on the New Avengers, it should just be the core team. "
    I like Wolverine, so I'm not having shots, but he shouldn't be on the Avengers team. Let's look at Marvel Earth. The majority of people HATE mutants. On top of that, they HATE killers. Wolverine (despite being a hero) is still the poster child (second to Magneto) for Mutant violence. Having him on the Avengers team is just dodgy. The same for Spider-Man, who most people seem to hate in the MU. However, Wolverine would be fantastic on the Secret Avengers, and Spidey should stay on the less-public New Avengers. 

Do you see where I'm going with this? I appreciate your point, but it seems like Marvel wants to eat their cake and have it too.
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Dark Noldor said:
    Actually it makes perfect sense for him and Spider-man to be on the Avengers. The Avengers is supposed to be the best of the best of MU on one team, like the JLA. People want the best heroes in on title interacting and playing off each other. Imagine if the core leaguers like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash were all always on separate team books... that would suck.   That said I don't know why they are still on the New Avengers, it should just be the core team. "
    I like Wolverine, so I'm not having shots, but he shouldn't be on the Avengers team. Let's look at Marvel Earth. The majority of people HATE mutants. On top of that, they HATE killers. Wolverine (despite being a hero) is still the poster child (second to Magneto) for Mutant violence. Having him on the Avengers team is just dodgy. The same for Spider-Man, who most people seem to hate in the MU. However, Wolverine would be fantastic on the Secret Avengers, and Spidey should stay on the less-public New Avengers.   Do you see where I'm going with this? I appreciate your point, but it seems like Marvel wants to eat their cake and have it too. "
    You seem to be under the impression that what we as the readers see of Wolverine is what the public eye sees as well but I'm not sure that is the case. The super hero community knows Wolverine kills people... but does the general public? We know that they sell Wolverine posters and action figures to children, Molly Hayes was in love with him until she actually met him and found out what he was like. How much the public knows about Wolverine has never been clear, for instance, Nick Fury kept the events of EotS out of the press. Osborn seemed to a lot of trouble covering up Daken's exploits, which would also seem to imply that the public perception of Wolverine is different that what we know. Also it is a vocal minority that hates mutants, not the majority of people. Wolverine being a mutant is one of the reason he is on the Avengers, for some good mutant PR.

And Spider-man's popularity changes on a whim. Sometimes he is the favorite son of NY loved by all except a very vocal minority of JJJ supporters, and some times everyone hates him... its hard to keep track.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @thegentlemanrogue said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Dark Noldor said:
    I like Wolverine, so I'm not having shots, but he shouldn't be on the Avengers team. Let's look at Marvel Earth. The majority of people HATE mutants. On top of that, they HATE killers. Wolverine (despite being a hero) is still the poster child (second to Magneto) for Mutant violence. Having him on the Avengers team is just dodgy. The same for Spider-Man, who most people seem to hate in the MU. However, Wolverine would be fantastic on the Secret Avengers, and Spidey should stay on the less-public New Avengers.   Do you see where I'm going with this? I appreciate your point, but it seems like Marvel wants to eat their cake and have it too. "
    You seem to be under the impression that what we as the readers see of Wolverine is what the public eye sees as well but I'm not sure that is the case. The super hero community knows Wolverine kills people... but does the general public? We know that they sell Wolverine posters and action figures to children, Molly Hayes was in love with him until she actually met him and found out what he was like. How much the public knows about Wolverine has never been clear, for instance, Nick Fury kept the events of EotS out of the press. Osborn seemed to a lot of trouble covering up Daken's exploits, which would also seem to imply that the public perception of Wolverine is different that what we know.  And Spider-man's popularity changes on a whim. Sometimes he is the favorite son of NY loved by all except a very vocal minority of JJJ supporters, and some times everyone hates him... its hard to keep track. "
    Oh, from an economic standpoint it makes perfect sense for him to be in the books (Wolverine sells comics, it's a fact) but it is still a little iffy from a purely in-Universe view. And Spidey does work better as a loner, though I really enjoy his interactions with Carol in NA, even though Bendis seems to ignore that. 
    Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Postacrat

In truth for me it was always the martial art and ninja elements to his character that got me.  He had scans where he seemed to disappar, and in a glimmer reappear wherever he wanted.  They never make him do any of that anymore, now it's like Daken is more of the ninja assassin.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him, have for a long time. Then again i like just about all of the X-Universe characters, and some of them
    a bit more than Wolverine, so I'm part of the group that he has an in with because I'm a mutant book reader
    I think, which explains a portion of your fans right there. As for hardcore fanboys and girls, hell, who really cares?
    Theres one of those for every character, and I'd think it would be more of a boggle with a character that it makes 
    less sense to be into, like a generally unpopular one, no?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#34  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i didnt like him at first 

but hes grown on me alot 

an animal, man,warrior,poet,lover,fighter,rebel,soldier,demon,angel, father all mashed into one complex anti-hero whats not to love
    ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ironshadow
    @BuddyBulson said:
    " @Lion_Heart22:   NOW I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER MYSELF THANKS

@IrishX: if this was a hate thread i would have written what i dont like about him, i was asking his true fans to step up and give me a reason why some people blindly like the guy. I dont like a lot of characters but it seems i bitch about Logan b/c he is EVERYWHERE! if they could put him in DC im sure they would. But havnt said anything bad about him i just wanted to hear what others thought about him. I think the soul character is interesting but it has been lost over the years, Wolverine Origins is easily the best Logan story out there for me, and thats not saying too much.  "
    I like his powers, claws, hair, badass attitude, origin, well before he got his memories back, I liked the whole not knowing who he is and searching for answers thing, he kills and he's everywhere. Is that good enough for you? XD
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @Dark Noldor:  
     @Shadowdoggy:  
    @IllyanaRasputin:  
    @FadeToBlackBolt:
      @GT-Man:  
    @IrishX:  
    @Lion_Heart22:
      @SladeRogers: 
    @thegentlemanrogue: 
     @Avenging-X-Bolt:
    @Postacrat:
    @CATMANEXE:

Thank you everyone for your comments, I really did get some AWESOME insight on a character i was never fond of before. There are A LOT of things i do LIKEabout Wolverine, so im still confused what i don't like. I think the main thing i don't like is his how he is over used in comics. then the some aspects of him just tick me off. I dont like killing, so thats a big one. but when you look passed that there are some interesting this about the character that i hope they work with more. I wish they would use him less in comics so when they did have him in some x-men issues they could develop him. but you all gave me a lot to think about and i wish i could comment on everything but i am just too tired. thanks again. .... Buddy
    Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Larkin1388
    @BuddyBulson: He's a total badass, why do people like super man so much, maybe those people are like the Twilight fools.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#38  Edited By Deadcool

I dont know, he has no (so much) moral thoughs, most of the time he just gets agry and want to kill some one, maybe is that the reason, he is pretty manly (stupid) maybe because people want to identificate with Wolverine a guy that cuts everything (LOL), I dont know and I don't care. Why does that bother you?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Deadcool:
    awww, now I miss comicbook characters being able to smoke 
    :(
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @Shadowdoggy: My first ever comic was X-Men #4 and I remember it had Gambit looking all James Dean, smoking on a motorcycle... Those were the days :) 

@BuddyBulson: The only thing I don't like about Wolverine is that he's in everything now. He's become like that annoying pop song that's played over and over on every single radio station...
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is Marvel's answer to Batman, which is why he appears in almost as many monthly titles as the Cape Crusader himself.

Just be glade Marvel doesn't force Wolverine into everything like DC does with Batman. Wolverine was largely absent from three of Marvel's big events this passed decade, Secret Invasion, Civil War and Siege, while DC brought Batman back to life so he would entirely miss Blackest Night... he isn't even aloud to miss and event while he is dead! >:P

logansgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By logansgirl
    @IrishX said:

" @BuddyBulson said:

I agree,why all the hate? people like what they like and the reason is not really important.I have been in love with Wolverine since I was 8 years old.I am now 34.
                            This is waaaay before those awful movies.
                             I was very disappointed in Origin for sure.they made a mess of his story
                             No one TOLD me what to like,I just do.
                             You said it,why be obsessed with a character you don't like?.I don't care for batman, and you will never see me post on a Batman forum because I have no interest,no reason to.
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @Sabbatha: 
    The thing is Ii like x-men, and Wolverine is someone I HAVE to deal with. I don't care for a lot of the things the writers have done with him, but he is still everywhere I read. some of my favorite characters are  Shadowcat, Jubilee, Domino.  and they are all wolverine sidekicks, I can't shake the guy so I wanted to know what people thought of him. there was no hate from me on this blog, go back and read it & don't assume I am taking trash. I enjoy  getting other peoples opinions on characters, and this is an opinion site right? That is what I thought!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.