Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16077 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Why having Wolverine claws would suck

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Thats why you get the healing factor.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BatteredArmor

What would you even do with adamantium claws in real life?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@BlackArmor said:

What would you even do with adamantium claws in real life?

Same things he's done in the comics and probably more creative things.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

If I had adamantium coating in my bones, who cares about the claws? I'd have hammer-esque fists! But with claws, I might hurt the ones I don't intend to... But they still have some uses.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@ssejllenrad said:

If I had adamantium coating in my bones, who cares about the claws? I'd have hammer-esque fists! But with claws, I might hurt the ones I don't intend to... But they still have some uses.

I wouldn't need to buy kitchen utensils save for spoons and I wouldn't have to buy razors for shaving. And if I had a HF thrown in, the skin would grow right back.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
    @god_spawn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

I wouldn't need to buy kitchen utensils save for spoons and I wouldn't have to buy razors for shaving. And if I had a HF thrown in, the skin would grow right back.

QFT
    Avatar image for nightwalkerrevan
    NightwalkerRevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NightwalkerRevan

@god_spawn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

But so might you're beard, you might have to have lamb-chops for the rest of your days :) . Still, small price to pay for the healing factor, and Logan always seems to pull for the lamb-chop look pretty well

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

@god_spawn: Yeah because healing factor=extremely longer life span, which means you could save up for the claws.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By luckydomino1

the healing factor gives you the strength to endure more pain it would hurt but not that much i would love to have mutant claws

NX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NX

I don't see why wolves claws would suck considering they are adamantium. he can cut through anything.

NX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NX

Unless People think having freddy kruegers claws would be better. lol

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ReVamp

LMAO. Awesome.

Avatar image for nightwalkerrevan
    NightwalkerRevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NightwalkerRevan

@IncredibleSplosions: The downside with adamantium claws would be the fair chance of cutting your plate and kitchen-top in two by accident, and the bills in replacing sliced dishes and tables would soon mount up

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

@IncredibleSplosions: Would you really pay....how ever much they paid(it's been a week since i watched it) to cut your sandwich? I'll sell you a knife for like half that, in defence of the price it's a really good knife gaurantied to be -1.000340078 sharper than a butter knife

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

@IncredibleSplosions: I may not like Wolverine at all(Used to but then I became a Deadpool fan) and I must say that the bone claws would be better since you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally stabbing yourself in the head, or cutting through your stuff.

Avatar image for thelonious_funk
    Thelonious_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Thelonious_Funk

I think the healing factor is a given if you're talking about having adamantium grafted to your bones and/or claws implanted, it'd kill you otherwise (remember that issue of uncanny where they all got the mutant flu or something and Wolverine got adamantium poisoning cause his healing factor was off. This is the problem I've always had with the the claws, where do they go when they aren't out? They're pretty f-ing long so it's not like they'd fit in your hands- at least not my hands- which means that they must retract into your forearm but here's the thing, what stops them from like shooting out of your wrist is your hand is not perfectly straight with your arm? This has just always bothered me.

@NightwalkerRevan said:

@god_spawn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

But so might you're beard, you might have to have lamb-chops for the rest of your days :) . Still, small price to pay for the healing factor, and Logan always seems to pull for the lamb-chop look pretty well

Nothing wrong with this.... Wolverine rocks them well

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thelonious_Funk said:

I think the healing factor is a given if you're talking about having adamantium grafted to your bones and/or claws implanted, it'd kill you otherwise (remember that issue of uncanny where they all got the mutant flu or something and Wolverine got adamantium poisoning cause his healing factor was off. This is the problem I've always had with the the claws, where do they go when they aren't out? They're pretty f-ing long so it's not like they'd fit in your hands- at least not my hands- which means that they must retract into your forearm but here's the thing, what stops them from like shooting out of your wrist is your hand is not perfectly straight with your arm? This has just always bothered me.

@NightwalkerRevan said:

@god_spawn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Nothing wrong with this.... Wolverine rocks them well

He started with bone claws, so his body was built to have claws coming out of the hands. He probably has a reflex for unloading them like we have a breathing reflex. Not to mention muscle memory that keeps him from holding his hands wrong and cutting thru. if a normal dude gotem yeah, good luck with doing the snikt trick twice

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.