Why doesn't Proteus kill Wolverine in the Animated Series?

#1 Posted by MadMattJaspers (148 posts) - - Show Bio

So why doesn't Wolverine die when Proteus rips him apart and melts him? It's explained earlier in the episode that this version of Proteus can hurt people when he's warping and only the environment goes back to normal when he leaves the area. He ripped and melted Wolvy into a puddle, and Wolvy physically goes back to normal when Proteus leaves. Why?

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a kids show. No one ever dies.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
Unfortunately.
#4 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: @TheCrowbar: Thats why some shows like Wolverine should be on Adult Swim.
#5 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
@JediXMan: @TheCrowbar: Thats why some shows like Wolverine should be on Adult Swim.
Is it too much to ask for a good, serious, dark cartoon about comics?
#6 Posted by M_1C_1Grimm_2 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: No Duh... :/

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
didn't Xavier die in the last episode??
#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@PikminMania said:
actually Batman Brave and the Bold is about as far as a "dark" cartoon as you can get and people get offed left and right in that...albeit they die in a heroic way rather than just getting killed. I wish there would be a nice adult oriented X-Men cartoon, Then I could die peacefully
#9 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@JediXMan said:
@PikminMania said:
actually Batman Brave and the Bold is about as far as a "dark" cartoon as you can get and people get offed left and right in that...albeit they die in a heroic way rather than just getting killed. I wish there would be a nice adult oriented X-Men cartoon, Then I could die peacefully
Brave and the Bold is too corny for my tastes.
#10 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan@JediXMan said:
@cattlebattle said:
@JediXMan said:
@PikminMania said:

: Well you always have Star Wars: The Clone Wars! (The new one) That has killign and blood in it.

@JediXMan said:
@PikminMania said:

That is why some stuff like a Punisher cartoon should be on Adult Swim.
#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

HBO did a Spawn series back then and it was pretty adult. Personally, I'd wanna see a Secret Six cartoon or The Rogues on Adult Swim.

#12 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
@JediXMan@JediXMan said:
@cattlebattle said:
@JediXMan said:
@PikminMania said:

: Well you always have Star Wars: The Clone Wars! (The new one) That has killign and blood in it.

-_- don't even mention that abomination.
#13 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Abomination? that show is pretty good now. The movie and first couple of episodes on the other hand.......

#14 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:

@JediXMan: Abomination? that show is pretty good now. The movie and first couple of episodes on the other hand.......

I tried to give it a chance. Then came Bane, and I dropped it. 

Only reason I'd watch it is to see select episodes that included Delta Squad.
#15 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: What is the problem with Cad Bane? there is a lot of good episodes, like Padawan Lost, Lair Of Grevious, or Brain Invaders.

#16 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:

@JediXMan: What is the problem with Cad Bane? there is a lot of good episodes, like Padawan Lost, Lair Of Grevious, or Brain Invaders.

Bane is a walking cliche. I'm just waiting for Ahsoka to get killed off. She irritates me too much/
#17 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: I used to hate Ahsoka too, but eventually I started liking her

I guess you are right about Bane, but I still like how he is a major threat.

#18 Posted by JediXMan (29679 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:

@JediXMan: I used to hate Ahsoka too, but eventually I started liking her

I guess you are right about Bane, but I still like how he is a major threat.

It's the "major threat" thing that pisses me off, as well. 

I'm sorry, but... it's a kid's show that tries to make said kids feel adult by throwing the occasional serious moment.
#19 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Well its all opinion in the end, I'm just saying that you should check out more episodes.

Also the show has had more adult moments than any of the real prequels ever did, so put that into consideration.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.