Why Did Not they Regenerate ?

#1 Posted by D3athstroke (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

In Wolverine 14 Why his children did not just simply Heal From Wounds Like Wolverine ?

#2 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

i gotta admit. i was like WTF when i turned to the last page. then i looked at the "kids". first i thought only the hairy guy might be his kid. but THEN it hit me: IT'S BAD WRITING. at the end of house of m, logan got all his memories back right?. he should remember at least if he got a couple of girls pregnant right? he didnt think of daken cuz he thought he was dead (not dead due to healing factor thus the question where are their hf??). ok lets let this one slide he's old. all of those mother with their kids NOT ONE of them told them who their FATHER is?!?!? plus most of them dont look that old 30ties MAX so fairly resent history (logan standards) and no memory of them or resemblences to their mothers?. maybe thats why they dont have HF: too young?? daken had it when he was a newborn. maybe the hand made them killable for the revenge thing. still very fishy.

#3 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, just cuz he sexed some girls doesn't mean he knows if they got pregnant. Happens all the time in real life too. 

Also, just cuz Logan is a mutant, doesnt mean his kids are, and even if they were,.they probably wouldn;t have the same powers.
#4 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion: It was  a very disappointing end to the arc, unless there's some greater goal that Daken has..seeing as he had his siblings killed...maybe he wants to become the baddest member of the family? 
#5 Edited by D3athstroke (3917 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:

Well, just cuz he sexed some girls doesn't mean he knows if they got pregnant. Happens all the time in real life too.  Also, just cuz Logan is a mutant, doesnt mean his kids are, and even if they were,.they probably wouldn;t have the same powers.

Wolverine is one of the "Lupus Sapien" And his children are supposed to be Lupus Sapiens too like Daken or Laura
#6 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunno about the whole Lupus Sapiens thing (didn't read the origins stuff), but I still think it's valid to assume that just cos Wolvie is a Lupus/mutant that it doesn't need to translate into a lupus/mutant child. Look at Graydon Creed - wasn't he a normal human even though he was the child of Sabretooth (lupus sapien too btw?) and Mystique? That's two mutants = human child where it's likely, given many of Logans past loves, that the mother of each child would just have been human. Could be that there more chance of Logan fathering a human rather than a mutant, much like people who want a mal child only to continually have girls.

Also, think there was a reasonable range of ages represented in the Mongrels. Cannonfoot was in his 30's/40's I reckon and Gunhawk looked like in his 50's. If you assume that time progresses around 1 year for every 3 years in the MU then only 10 - 12 years have passed by since Logan joined the X-Men. This is more thatn enough pre-X Men time to sire lots of kids whilst brainwashed by Weapon X, etc. Now whilst Logan apparently regained all his memories after House of M, I doubt it was meant in a truly literal sense i.e. 'I can remember every single thing that has happened to me ever since birth'. Reckon it was more of an 'all the main gaps have been filled and the false memories are now identifiable as such'. Therefore there is a lot of scope to have kids and not know about them.  

As for Daken, there's a multitude of reasons behind his actions - To hurt Logan, possibley even destroy him, to ensure no other siblings challenge him for superiority, etc. Plus he leaves it to other people to do his dirty work and achieve his goals for him. Smart and cunning, halmarks of Daken I think.

Personally I thought the entire arc was very thought-provoking and intelligently plotted. I've always liked stories that show the fallout/impact on regular people from superhuman conflict. I liked the whole 'destroy him mentally' angle given the great dificulty in actually being able to destroy him physically.

#7 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke said:
@Edgeworth_11 said:

Well, just cuz he sexed some girls doesn't mean he knows if they got pregnant. Happens all the time in real life too.  Also, just cuz Logan is a mutant, doesnt mean his kids are, and even if they were,.they probably wouldn;t have the same powers.

Wolverine is one of the "Lupus Sapien" And his children are supposed to be Lupus Sapiens too like Daken or Laura

And your point is? It was a great story and a shocking ending.  

Like Daycrawler said, Graydon was born from 2 mutants and he himself is human. So Wolverine can father humans also.
#8 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, maybe they were all mutants with Wolverine-like abilities until M-Day happened.

#9 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

ok lets let this one slide he's old. all of those mother with their kids NOT ONE of them told them who their FATHER is?!?!? 

Happens in real life...and this is a comic book. And it is possible that the mothers themselves didn't know. One night stand ftw sir.

Children do not always have the same abilities as their parents. 
#10 Posted by D3athstroke (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edgeworth_11: ??

#11 Posted by BloodTalon (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

Dunno about the whole Lupus Sapiens thing (didn't read the origins stuff), but I still think it's valid to assume that just cos Wolvie is a Lupus/mutant that it doesn't need to translate into a lupus/mutant child. Look at Graydon Creed - wasn't he a normal human even though he was the child of Sabretooth (lupus sapien too btw?) and Mystique? That's two mutants = human child where it's likely, given many of Logans past loves, that the mother of each child would just have been human. Could be that there more chance of Logan fathering a human rather than a mutant, much like people who want a mal child only to continually have girls. Also, think there was a reasonable range of ages represented in the Mongrels. Cannonfoot was in his 30's/40's I reckon and Gunhawk looked like in his 50's. If you assume that time progresses around 1 year for every 3 years in the MU then only 10 - 12 years have passed by since Logan joined the X-Men. This is more thatn enough pre-X Men time to sire lots of kids whilst brainwashed by Weapon X, etc. Now whilst Logan apparently regained all his memories after House of M, I doubt it was meant in a truly literal sense i.e. 'I can remember every single thing that has happened to me ever since birth'. Reckon it was more of an 'all the main gaps have been filled and the false memories are now identifiable as such'. Therefore there is a lot of scope to have kids and not know about them. As for Daken, there's a multitude of reasons behind his actions - To hurt Logan, possibley even destroy him, to ensure no other siblings challenge him for superiority, etc. Plus he leaves it to other people to do his dirty work and achieve his goals for him. Smart and cunning, halmarks of Daken I think. Personally I thought the entire arc was very thought-provoking and intelligently plotted. I've always liked stories that show the fallout/impact on regular people from superhuman conflict. I liked the whole 'destroy him mentally' angle given the great dificulty in actually being able to destroy him physically.

I agree with this hole statement and if you read the story where they proposed the lupus thing it was never made concrete it was just a theory and a bad one at that

I liked this story a lot I think Aaron really knows and understands Logan everything except Wolverine goes to hell has been great

#12 Posted by Outside_85 (9027 posts) - - Show Bio

Think its been one of the few things that's been consistent when it comes to mutant offsping; powers aren't necessarily passed passed down. 
Like:
Human/human-parents can have a mutant kid and they can have a normal one.
Mutant/human: Have a higher chance of making a mutant, though the powers of the parent may be passed on or it may get something else (Like Magneto and Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch, though where they were born may have played a part)
Mutant/mutant: Greatest chance of all to have a mutant kid, but by no means certain. Probably due to the mix of mutant powers the parents have chances are the kid will have either one parents powers, the others, both or something new. (Bit like Nightcrawler got his mothers eyes, skin and agility, but the rest was from his dad).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.