Why are people so against the idea of Logan getting with Jean?

• 56 results
#1 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't get me wrong I'm not a Jean X Wolverine shipper, in fact I actually like the idea of Storm X wolverine a lot better. I just want to ask why people are so against the idea of Jean being with Wolverine so much?

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (37319 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause she's 17.

#3 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the idea of Logan Rogue myself specialy the older 80s 90s version from the comics or 90s cartoon Rogue.

#4 Posted by jhazzroucher (15115 posts) - - Show Bio

Because I like the Storm and Wolverine pairing and love chemistry more.

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's hundreds of years old and she's in her late teen to mid twenties.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

Wolverine should only mate with redwood trees.

#7 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Well one reason is, in a What If issue they got together he was a bad influence on her and when she turn into Dark Phoenix she destroy the entire universe so in general hes a bad influence on her. And also he cheats on his girlfriends

#8 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not against Logan and Jean but I like Wolverine and Domino the best because if Wolverine's should be anything she should lucky and it is nice to see Wolverine as the voice of reason for a change like in X-Force Sex and Violence.

#9 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea it's played out.

#10 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7583 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have thought her being dead was a good enough reason for him not to get it on with her O_o

#11 Posted by Outside_85 (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

Coz she's Cyke's girl?

#12 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean is better off being single for a while.

#13 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

I will always forever see Jean with Cyke. Only reason why I'm against Jean and Logan or Scott and Emma, nostalgia bro.

#14 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Like _slim_ said, the idea is played out. Though, I have to admit, I never thought much of the relationship. I didn't like it since the first time Logan revealed he loved Jean (which came out of nowhere) and pulled out a picture with only her in it, which is creepy and makes me wonder where he got it.

Anyway, there are several reasons why I think fans want them together and why I don't want them together.

1)Fans have a tendency to want to put the most popular characters together. Wonder Woman is the most popular Superheroine in DC and fans argue or whether she should be with Batman or Superman, the top two Superheroes in DC. In this case, Logan has become the most popular X-Man and people want to pair him with the most popular X-Woman.

2)For the most part, the relationship was one sided, but as Logan became more popular, more fans empathized with him and hoped he would get the girl in the end. After all the hardships he endured, people want to see him get his happy ending. That is ultimately why I don't want them together. Jean has became a trophy for the (action) hero to get in the end. And yes, Jean has been shown to harbor feelings for Logan (which I feel was done for soap opera drama and to give the Logan fans what they want), but I always felt it was more lust and attraction than love. I personally don't feel that was much to their relationship that warrant the amount of shipping the two received.

A lot of people might disagree with me, but I also thought their relationship was overblown. He had feelings for her pre-Dark Phoenix Saga, but a few issues after she died Logan announced he had a new love of his life and planned on marrying her. For years Logan rarely, if ever, was depicted as thinking or loving Jean. Then when she came back she was suddenly the love of his life again. But we really didn't get to see much of this. Jean was in X-Factor and Wolverine was in X-Men, and they didn't really bump into each other or think about each other. Then during some crossover that I can't remember, Logan told Jean his true feelings for her. She was shocked and it changed their relationship, but at the same time it was clear (to me) that she didn't feel the same way. Logan's feelings for Jean and Jean's attraction to him was touched upon several times before Jean married Scott, but I never felt it was done that much. There was never any consistency to it or any depictions that showed Jean had strong romantic feelings for Logan. Then after Jean married Scott, Jean being attracted to Logan basically stopped. If I'm correct, it wasn't until Grant Morrison came along and had them kiss in his first issue that their attraction towards one another gained momentum. Wolverine had feelings for Jean, but one again, imo, she didn't have the same feelings and thought of him as a friend whom she happens to being strongly attracted to. Then she dead, and Wolverine has been in love with a romanticized idea of Jean.

If Jean comes back, I feel she should get into a relationship with anyone, especially Logan or Scott. Let her settle her roots. Once that happens though, I still don't think she should get with Logan because that ship has sailed, and I feel that there wasn't much foundation to it to begin with.

#15 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

I realized something when I turned 25, 18 and 19 year old girls are nice to look at. But I would never want to be in "love" with one of them or married to them. There's a difference in maturity levels that just changes how you look at things.

#16 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

So? Duncan McLeod is much older (born in 1592). Are you sayind he should only date female Immortals?

#17 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

This made me laugh so loud I woke my infant son up from his nap.

#18 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of logan and Rogue too. Definately better than ROgue and Magneto. Ewww :(

#19 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Logan Rogue suit each other very well there alot alike yet diferent enough to keep a relation ship spicy and new.
#20 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's disgusting.

#21 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam:

this is disgusting? Are you serious?

#22 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7754 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably a good beastilality joke in here or inter species cross breeding...

#23 Posted by jhazzroucher (15115 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

BUwahahahahahaahahaha! : )

#24 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyfan69: To ME, it just feels a bit forced, like they need something to make the relationship between Cyclops and Jean Grey more interesting and the best they could do was have Wolverine feel that she's better off with HIM than she is with Cyke, and I think the reason some fans really do think he's right is when certain writers think Cyclops should be portrayed as a pompous control-freak who just wants Jean in his life because he thinks she'll always do what he tells her to even though in some ways, she's much more powerful than him. It was one of the few things I didn't like about the cartoon "Wolverine and the X-Men". Jean seemed much more interested in wolverine than she did in Cyclops and Cyke did NOT take it quite as well as he should have... Don't get me wrong, I still want the show back, but this whole idea that Cyclops and Jean don't belong together anymore because the plot said so is just plain annoying.

#25 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1300 posts) - - Show Bio

Because wolverine came to the X men a wounded animal and jean being jean aka a mary sue wanted to help make him into the person see saw that he could be. Logan took that to mean there was more there then there was which lead to the head butting logan and scott had over jean.

I did not like the fact that the writer had scott throwing the fact that jean never loved logan and was afraid of him in his face during regenesis but it rings true.

#26 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation: i agree.

#27 Edited by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: With ME? Or with Crimsonlord53? (Or is it BOTH?)

#28 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

with you infonation.

#29 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

We don’t want to deal with a possible clone that come from the future which could be alternate reality which gains phoenix powers that will retcon several characters which would be their kid. Than again it could just another skrull or host with symbiote or both or just another shape shifter. I think we don't deal with another overwhelming confusion of figuring who is who again. You know why not let it happen so we fill curiosity. I wonder if they will talk about their kids.

#30 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979: yes

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she is a sucky character.

#32 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: Okay, just checking! ;]

#33 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea :D

#34 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer the idea of Logan and Rogue myself i feel they could work well if given the chance yes it might not but it would be nice if they give them a try.

#35 Posted by deadpoolspidey877 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Cause she's 17.

this.

#36 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause Cyclops is Logan's one true love.

#37 Posted by God_Spawn (37319 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

This is true. It's like that one episode of American Dad with Roger and Stan acting.

#38 Posted by SoA (4695 posts) - - Show Bio

if it was the adult jean and not the 15yro version , i'd say why not? cyke happy with emma , and wolverine and jean are awesome together.

#39 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@x_29 said:

This is true. It's like that one episode of American Dad with Roger and Stan acting.

Yeah man.

#40 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it's not about Logan being with Jean because they love each other it's about Logan getting his "prize". Just look at all the pairings that people want to see for Logan. There's Jean, Storm, Rogue, Psylocke and more. It's more about fans wanting him to have the happiness they feel he deserves.

Jean never really showed "love" if anything it was "lust" for Logan but because he showed an interest in her the fans want Logan to be happy and be with her. Look at it this way, Cyclops up until Grant Morrissons New X-men only ever loved two people, Jean and Madelyne (A clone of Jean) sure there were other women like Coleen Wing and Lee Forrester but whenever Jean was around it was her that he wanted to be with. Even his affair with Emma started after he had been changed by Apocalypse with him trying to get some therapy so he could fix his relationship with Jean and it was left unclear who he chose in the end (though I like to think he chose Jean). Logan on the other hand found love with Mariko Yashida after Jean died (the first time) and was able to move on without her.

I think Logan does love her to an extent but Jean didn't love him the same way. He even told her that it wouldn't work out between them and he's mentioned before that the Scott/Jean relationship was special. People don't want him with Jean because most of them (me included) grew up with Scott and Jean as one of "the" classic superhero couples like peter/mary jane, Clark/Lois and Reed/Susan. Some of it also comes from the hate towards Cyclops and fans wanting Wolverine to "steal his girl".

#41 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon said:

I am not against Logan and Jean but I like Wolverine and Domino the best because if Wolverine's should be anything she should lucky and it is nice to see Wolverine as the voice of reason for a change like in X-Force Sex and Violence.

I've never considered them as a pair. I think that could really work

#42 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Because it's disgusting.

Yeah this is the bottom line

#43 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Thank you. you are the first one to agree with me.

have you read X-force sex and violence it was a 3 issue minnie that focussed on wolverine and domino it was really good

#44 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon: I haven't but I might pick it up at some point, it sounds pretty good.

#45 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Because for me she is the worst character to ever appear in comic books.

#46 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Really? There are so many terrible characters out there. She doesn't deserve the amount of hate she receives.

#47 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Really? There are so many terrible characters out there. She doesn't deserve the amount of hate she receives.

I just can't stand her.

#48 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Because you don't date your best friend's girl even if it's an ex.

#49 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read the story arc but didn't Wolverine give up on his love for Jean at the end of Wolverine Vs The X-men? That's some pretty big character development. It wouldn't make sense for him to start going after her again.

#50 Posted by 3rdClawtotheleft (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: i don't think he did it was about him move pass and letting go of his inner demons.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.