Who is the strongest Wolverine in comics ?

#1 Posted by Enzo991 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was wondering which version of Wolverine is the strongest ? Or when was Wolverine at his strongest ?

I know that the Wolverine from Earth-1008 is pretty strong, and Wolverine of Earth-616 was possessed by the Phoenix force in Astonishing Spiderman & Wolverine, but sadly nothing came out of it. Are there any stronger versions of Wolverine ?

#2 Posted by MagmaGazer (108 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be interested to know this too, as I never gave it much thought before~

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the latest version of the AoA Wolverine is up there.

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine in the Age fo Apocalypse (Earth-295) as Apocalypse/Weapon Omega is pretty damn powerful.

#5 Posted by Enzo991 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is that Wolverine of AoA had his hand cut off by Cyclops, other than that I thought he was pretty similar to the Wolverine of Earth-616.

This is the first time I hear about Wolverine being Apocalypse, so can anybody tell me what happened ? Also, is there a particular comic where I can see this new Omega Wolverine in action ? Finally, what are his powers and how is he different that the regular Wolverine ?

#6 Posted by SC (13299 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine in Uncanny X-Men Annual - Annual - can't remember specific issue, but X-Men fought a guy called Horde. Well, they got beat by him pretty easily. Then he made them go get this crystal thing for him - and it was going to make him a super god - Wolverine ended up getting it and using it and he got über powerful. He wondered that it was probably what Jean felt like with Phoenix. Except he knew that that was too much power or something for a person (or Canadian maybe) to hold so he gave it up.  

Other cool things about that issue, is Wolverine getting drunk despite his healing factor and this is issue where Wolverine heals back from a single drop of blood lol (aided by crystal)  

#7 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Normal wolverine and AOA wolvie

#8 Edited by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enzo991 said:

All I know is that Wolverine of AoA had his hand cut off by Cyclops, other than that I thought he was pretty similar to the Wolverine of Earth-616.

This is the first time I hear about Wolverine being Apocalypse, so can anybody tell me what happened ? Also, is there a particular comic where I can see this new Omega Wolverine in action ? Finally, what are his powers and how is he different that the regular Wolverine ?

Uncanny X-Force 19.1, Dark Angel Saga, Current Age of Apocalypse series. Long story made short, Wolverine is now Apocalypse.

#9 Posted by Enzo991 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer:

Wow that looks pretty cool. He even got a Mega Buster for his left arm :D

I looked it up and I found out the saga is collected into two books. I might grab them sometime in the future. Too bad from what I understand the new AoA series is pretty bad.

Thanks for the help.

#10 Edited by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enzo991 said:

@Soulstealer:

Wow that looks pretty cool. He even got a Mega Buster for his left arm :D

I looked it up and I found out the saga is collected into two books. I might grab them sometime in the future. Too bad from what I understand the new AoA series is pretty bad.

Thanks for the help.

Calling it a Mega Buster makes me smile! As for AoA, I can't say. I've read the first issue and well I don't hate it, but it also wasn't the best of comics. Though I'll admit that the idea of X-villains as heroes sort of fascinates me.

#11 Posted by IrishX (2465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I think the latest version of the AoA Wolverine is up there.

Good choice. Although I haven't read it I believe Wolverine was the host for the Phoenix Force in Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine Issue #6 and that may trump the current AOA Wolverine. 

@Enzo991 said:

Too bad from what I understand the new AoA series is pretty bad.

It's not. The art may be subjective but the story itself has been good. William Stryker as Prophet is excellent.
#12 Posted by Greendevil (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellverine was unstoppable. He should be here as well!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.