Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16078 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Which Wolverine book do you like more?

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Which Wolverine book do you like more? (22 votes)

Savage Wolverine 64%
    Wolverine 36%

Logan has two titles out in Marvel NOW! excluding the school and multiple team books. Both of which are good IMO. Frank Cho's 'Savage Wolverine' has been amazing from the start and Paul Cornell's 'Wolverine' has been enjoyable to read. Which do you guys prefer?

• 
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#1 god_spawn  Moderator

Savage Wolverine, if you can get past how underwritten Cho makes Wolverine in certain aspects, then is farm more enjoyable. The art is better. The story has been more enjoyable. Cornell's Wolverine is meh and the artwork is a few steps down from Cho.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

Savage Wolverine It's not perfect but I just wasn't interested in Wolverine.

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage Wolverine, if you can get past how underwritten Cho makes Wolverine in certain aspects, then is farm more enjoyable. The art is better. The story has been more enjoyable. Cornell's Wolverine is meh and the artwork is a few steps down from Cho.

I agree the artwork is not as good, Cho's art is wonderful so that bar was raised pretty high. you don't like 'Wolverine?' lol I like how it's starting. "Wolverine goes out for a cup of cofee and than BAM! trouble.

@dernman said:

Savage Wolverine It's not perfect but I just wasn't interested in Wolverine.

really? I do agree Savage is better than the newer title but is there something in particular you did not like about Cornell's book?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@theamazingimmortalman: I forget my impression of the art but the story just well how say this......I ended up just not caring.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 god_spawn  Moderator
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@theamazingimmortalman: I forget my impression of the art but the story just well how say this......I ended up just not caring.

lol I can understand that

@theamazingimmortalman: It gave me flashbacks from Wolverine: the Best There isfor some reason.

thats just the way memory and relevance work I suppose :)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By lykopis

Savage Wolverine pulls ahead for me -- better story line and great interaction between characters although Cho is taking a lot of liberties when it comes to Wolverine's abilities. To me anyway.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lykopis said:

Savage Wolverine pulls ahead for me -- better story line and great interaction between characters although Cho is taking a lot of liberties when it comes to Wolverine's abilities. To me anyway.

I agree. Cho is undermining Logan to put Shanna over. I like Shanna, but it isn't necessarily her book and Cho adores the character. But what happened with Hulk totally made up for it.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mercy_

Whichever one Cho is on.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lykopis

I preferred Savage Wolverine but i Gave up on it as SOON as i read Savage Wolverine 5.

Awww! **hugs**

@lykopis said:

I agree. Cho is undermining Logan to put Shanna over. I like Shanna, but it isn't necessarily her book and Cho adores the character. But what happened with Hulk totally made up for it.

Cho is in LOVE with Shanna, lol.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 god_spawn  Moderator

@lykopis: He did kind of bring the character a bit more popularity. But that probably has to do with the fact I heard rumors he did a completely uncensored Shanna the She-Devil MAX story. So of course he loves her.

@mercy_ said:

Whichever one Cho is on.

He's gone after this issue.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: He did kind of bring the character a bit more popularity. But that probably has to do with the fact I heard rumors he did a completely uncensored Shanna the She-Devil MAX story. So of course he loves her.

@mercy_ said:

Whichever one Cho is on.

He's gone after this issue.

Oh, I've seen some penciled, uncensored panels from that series. Don't think it's a rumour - but it's hardly surprising, considering other imagery he's created.

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preferred Savage Wolverine but i Gave up on it as SOON as i read Savage Wolverine 5.

@god_spawn: Cho is dead to me,

that's the one with Hulk roght? I have not read that one yet, but knowing you are a big Green Giant fan I can only assume Cho did something unforgivable to the Hulk lol

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 god_spawn  Moderator
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 god_spawn  Moderator
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Savage Wolverine.It's more of a joke book but Cornell's Wolverine has been just too average and boring for me and also there is Alan Davis' artowrk which I hate.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 god_spawn  Moderator

After today's...yesterday's issue of Savage Wolverine 6, I'm glad I stuck with this title. As much as I liked Cho's Wolverine arc, I still felt he underwrote the character and didn't have a grasp on some necessary aspects of the character and he pushed his beloved Shanna more than Logan. It's Logan's title, but he got nothing out of that arc and Shanna got a massive upgrade. It was a fun read but something I couldn't see myself keeping up with from what my original expectations were after the first issue (which I thought was pretty good.) So we get a new writer and new artist and I wasn't sure if it was just going to be an extention of what Cho wrote and I have a feeling it won't be. While it was a near total 180 from Cho's Wolverine, the book managed to have some funny elements while maintaining a serious and set up for that good ole fashioned kung fu beat down type feeling.

And @lykopis will probably love this new arc.

More serious Wolverine: Check.

Elektra: Check.

Solid artist: Check.

Enemy of the State References: Check.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After today's...yesterday's issue of Savage Wolverine 6, I'm glad I stuck with this title. As much as I liked Cho's Wolverine arc, I still felt he underwrote the character and didn't have a grasp on some necessary aspects of the character and he pushed his beloved Shanna more than Logan. It's Logan's title, but he got nothing out of that arc and Shanna got a massive upgrade. It was a fun read but something I couldn't see myself keeping up with from what my original expectations were after the first issue (which I thought was pretty good.) So we get a new writer and new artist and I wasn't sure if it was just going to be an extention of what Cho wrote and I have a feeling it won't be. While it was a near total 180 from Cho's Wolverine, the book managed to have some funny elements while maintaining a serious and set up for that good ole fashioned kung fu beat down type feeling.

And @lykopis will probably love this new arc.

More serious Wolverine: Check.

Elektra: Check.

Solid artist: Check.

Enemy of the State References: Check.

Know that feeling, when you read a comic that hits all the good spots? All the yummy, awesome, close-your-eyes-and-just-breathe-in-the-happiness kind of thing?

This book is it.

You, my friend, are spot on. Because of your call out to me, I made this book the first on my pile to read and it's put me in the bestest of moods. BESTEST.

I got my Wolverine back and **sigh**, looks like I got my Elektra back, at least for the duration of this story-arc (fingers crossed)

Bloody phenomenal.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lykopis: Everything was on point, the art, Wolverine's characterization, it also made me miss the real Spider Man. I think quality of this story is only get better as it goes along. I'm really excited about this!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cornell's book has been meh at best...the last issue was just bad...they go four issues trying to figure out what is going on and at the end they just say it was Doom and the arc is over...what a horrible ending

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Everything was on point, the art, Wolverine's characterization, it also made me miss the real Spider Man. I think quality of this story is only get better as it goes along. I'm really excited about this!

Right?! I just mentioned to a friend how much I enjoyed having Peter back, if only for a few pages but yeah -- weren't they awesome?

Really happy with this -- really happy. :)

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

neither . wolverine was kinda of a let down . and savage wolverine was meh to me.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lykopis

Cornell's book has been meh at best...the last issue was just bad...they go four issues trying to figure out what is going on and at the end they just say it was Doom and the arc is over...what a horrible ending

Next on my list of books to catch up on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.