Where's Wolverines loyalty

#1 Edited by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just browsing his page and had to LOL at the fact he's been on all the 3 cornerstone teams of Marvel (X-Men Avengers AND Fantastic Four), and all the other secondary teams including Shield and Hydra.

Christ he must never sleep, and understand he's had a long life and it would be fine if he was on these teams at different points in his life, which is the case for some, but mostly he was on at least 2 teams at the same time

I guess the only thing left for him is to fill in for Spider-Man, then it's off to DC to join the JLA, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, JLI, JLX, Outsiders and The Justice Society all at once.

Talk about milking a character

#2 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

his loyalty lyes with himself,  what is a mere team to a virtual immortal.............
#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio
@ebuchanan said:
his loyalty lyes with himself,  what is a mere team to a virtual immortal.............
He's not immortal...in fact he's died before.
#4 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle
so what? Gods are immortal, and they die too (just look at Ares).
#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
@cattlebattle:  so what? Gods are immortal, and they die too (just look at Ares).
well I think by definition, (not completely sure) if you can die your not immortal, Although the Externals died and they were considered immortal
#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

His loyalties lay with the X-men more than anything. That was the family that redeemed him from being a crazy beserker and he will eventually die. He's not immortal.

#7 Posted by SC (13106 posts) - - Show Bio

In this order - His Loins » Beer » Poker Buddies » Powerpack » His Favorite Hockey Team » X-Force » X-Men » Mutants » Secret Six » Alpha Flight » Canadian Government » Madripoor » Jarvis » New Avengers. 

#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait Canadian Government? Really? BEFORE Jarvis? Jarvis gets him beer!

#9 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
In this order - His Loins » Beer » Poker Buddies » Powerpack » His Favorite Hockey Team » X-Force » X-Men » Mutants » Secret Six » Alpha Flight » Canadian Government » Madripoor » Jarvis » New Avengers. 
Wolverine has stated several times that he loves American Football. IDK about hockey.
#10 Posted by SC (13106 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling:  I do lol, hence why i mentioned it *smile* (Peter David, Larry Hama and CC >> Other X/Wolv-Writers IMO)  

@TheCrowbar:  Jarvis always brings the light stuff =(
#11 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Haha!
#12 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
@King Quisling:  I do lol, hence why i mentioned it *smile* (Peter David, Larry Hama and CC >> Other X/Wolv-Writers IMO)  

@TheCrowbar:  Jarvis always brings the light stuff =(
When was the last time the government brought Wolverine a beer? Any beer.
#13 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question. 

Teamwise, I think he stand behind "what he thinks is right" in all cases outside of revenge.  Revenge > right in certain cases - Wolverine-goes-to-hell, Sabertooth (well... before he got over it), and maybe revenge on anyone who wants to hurt X-23.  I suppose Daken > Justice, too, so... 

Revenge* > Daken> X23 > close friends (Nightcrawler, Kitty, Jubilee)/Women (whoever he's got the hots for at the time) > Right/justice/fairness. 

Regarding being on so many teams - I like the idea that he's pushing himself (although Peter's pushing himself almost as much nowadays). 
In no particular order, for Wolverine we have: 
X-Force, X-men (soon to be Wolverine + the X-men), Avengers, New Avengers (note that he actually "hangs out" there some times...). 
Although at any given time he's also emboiled in about 2 solo books and/or guest starring a lot.  Eh. 

Spiderman gets FF, Avengers, and New Avengers... but he's also got a solo book, guest starring, and WORK to deal with.  :/

#14 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Ahhhh, you know now that you mention I  slightly recall him mentioning Hockey in my Essentials. It's been years since I've read any of those.
#15 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that  ebuchanan   was right when he said a virtual immortal, key word virtual.  Marvel loves him way too much for him to really die, hell I think Cap may as well be immortal the way he doesn't really die.

He is pretty much loyal to any teen/pre-teen female character they have in an X-Men book.  

When was he in Hydra?

#16 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
mostly this I would say, but I would fit samurai honor codes, hair lockets, cigars, redheaded women, fellow " Canuckleheads ", salami and Landau, Luckman and Lake somewhere in this.
#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
you forgot teenage girls
#18 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Put in the teenage girls and Jean Grey and you're golden.
#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE: I forgot about that blasted salami.
#20 Posted by PowerHerc (83464 posts) - - Show Bio

It's M.I.A. due to his memory tampering.

#21 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
I was just browsing his page and had to LOL at the fact he's been on all the 3 cornerstone teams of Marvel (X-Men Avengers AND Fantastic Four), and all the other secondary teams including Shield and Hydra.  Christ he must never sleep, and understand he's had a long life and it would be fine if he was on these teams at different points in his life, which is the case for some, but mostly he was on at least 2 teams at the same time  I guess the only thing left for him is to fill in for Spider-Man, then it's off to DC to join the JLA, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, JLI, JLX, Outsiders and The Justice Society all at once.  Talk about milking a character
Well, Wolverine's Mutant power is the ability to be on every super hero team in the Marvel Universe.  Healing is is secondary mutation...
#22 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-men and mutants are his priorities.
#23 Posted by MissFiction (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think Wolverine's alliance in the end lies with himself, his own survival. If he has to chose his own life over his team he would always go to save himself. His healing factor would not allow him to die as has been shown times before.

#24 Posted by SoA (4830 posts) - - Show Bio

why do you think he is always angry or drinks all the time ? he has 5 jobs/teams to go to

#25 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@ebuchanan said:
He's not immortal...in fact he's died before.
when did he really actually die?
#26 Posted by IrishX (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

@MissFiction
You could not possibly be more wrong.  

#27 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:

@MissFiction
You could not possibly be more wrong.  

Ditto.
#28 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

His one true ally;

#29 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
His one true ally;
LOL, I always took him for more of a Molson Ice guy
#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Mate, I have no idea. I looked up Canadian Beers on Google and this one came up, I'm from Australia, so I had no idea what variety he would drink =P
#31 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I always thought you were british...don't know why

In the US, we have an influx of beer from all over the world, I just always remember Molson was a Canadian beer, that's the only one I can think of the top of my head LOL, I'm not much of a beer connoisseur
#32 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Probably my spelling. We (Australians) tend to use British spelling on things, like favourite, rather than the US' favorite.
#33 Posted by Jake Fury (18616 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair he wasn't really a member of the FF...now as for the Avengers and X-Men and X-Force.....dude gets around.
#34 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@cattlebattle: Probably my spelling. We (Australians) tend to use British spelling on things, like favourite, rather than the US' favorite.
Could have been, I think it was your vernacular actually, like you used a word that I often hear british people use.
#35 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Lol! Too funny.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.