Where have you gone Wolverine fans?

#1 Posted by IrishX (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just wondering if there were any Wolverine fans on ComicVine anymore. Of course I'm not talking about people who used to be a fan of his when he was "cool" and now that it's not cool, dislike him or just like him less or whatever. I've heard plenty of times from the people who liked Logan back when and why they don't now so that is not what I'm looking for here.

I've only been visiting the site about three years now and I can honestly say I never noticed many here but now I'm curious if there are any left at all. Have you been chased off the site because all the hatred he receives? Let me know if your out there...  

#2 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

He's in so many titles they don't have time to post anymore, always reading

#3 Posted by War Killer (20148 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wolverine, he's one of my top five favorite characters. I know a lot of people hate him because he's "everywhere" but it really doesn't bother to be honest. I'm enjoying his current series and looking forward to seeing how he does in Wolverine and the X-Men!!! ^_^

#4 Posted by daredevil21134 (11529 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question bub

#5 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still a fan.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (24039 posts) - - Show Bio

the fans are still there, but the with so much overexposure, he's making new enemies everyday...bub

#7 Posted by jloneblackheart (5507 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll fill you in on a secret. Although I don't read mutant books, I really do love the concept and character of Wolverine. There. I've said it.

#8 Posted by franco2011 (79 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of the character but that doesn't mean I have to like the extreme over exposure

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12706 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Wolverine, I just think sometimes they give him insane power and fighting skill upgrades, some of which are unnecessary, nobody wants to read about a character that can't be beat. On the other and I tend to enjoy his solo series and X-Men books. I could care less about him on the Avengers though....I still think Its a marketing ploy to be honest

#11 Posted by Pbott (210 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not so much a fan, but Im a fan of his books right now because they are well written, x-force and wolverine are two of marvels best books. x-23 and Daken are really good to. I'm just a fan of good comics not crossover bs.

#12 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him better when he was that old soldier with an unknown past and an empty beer can in his hand.

#13 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy wolverine and uncanny x-force, the other books don't seem to feature him as much, present arc excepted. He looks and sounds awful in the current anime.

#14 Posted by danhimself (22497 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I love Wolverine, he's one of my top five favorite characters. I know a lot of people hate him because he's "everywhere" but it really doesn't bother to be honest. I'm enjoying his current series and looking forward to seeing how he does in Wolverine and the X-Men!!! ^_^

this!

#15 Posted by Sean Lassiter (15 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
I like Wolverine, I just think sometimes they give him insane power and fighting skill upgrades, some of which are unnecessary, nobody wants to read about a character that can't be beat. On the other and I tend to enjoy his solo series and X-Men books. I could care less about him on the Avengers though....I still think Its a marketing ploy to be honest
The thing about this is most of Wolverine rouges have the exact same abilities and skills he does.Most of them have healing factor,most of them are top level martial arts.Some even have those characters but super strength or speed on top of it so...
#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37748 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my faves and one of the reasons I got into comics when I was a wee lad some odd 15 years ago.

#17 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved him since I was three. Weee <3

#18 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still a fan.

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

You can be a fan and still get tired of over exposure. Where did this notion that you have to want to see him every damn time you open a comic to be considered a fan come from?

#20 Posted by The Impersonator (5396 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Under the bridge

#22 Posted by shrmntnk62 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never bee a fan of Wolverine. I always felt he was overated and overused.

#23 Edited by Edamame (28091 posts) - - Show Bio

As a result of the Schism event, Cyclops killed them all.

#24 Posted by IrishX (2355 posts) - - Show Bio
Thank you for the responses everyone.
#25 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

He's always been one of my favorite characters and always will be. He's just one of the most interesting characters in the marvel universe in my opinion, but he does get a little too much overexposure. However that doesn't make him a bad character. He'll always be a classic and probably the most loved of the X-Men. Definitely for me anyway.

#26 Posted by Postacrat (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a fan of wolverine! He may get used a lot to some but it really depends on what you read, and unless you read avengers, X-Force, X-men and all associated titles his usage shouldn't bother so many people. I don't mind seeing him in a lot of books, for me that just makes the books more interesting. I don't care for Avengers, so wolverine won't make me pick up their books. My only Gripe about wolverine is the way he's written sometimes, his fighting abilities are inconsistent. Daken has also grown on me, I have come to like and respect him. You never know what he's going to do next!

#27 Edited by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

One of my faves and one of the reasons I got into comics when I was a wee lad some odd 15 years ago.

This really. He was the character that got me into comics, and since none of my friends read comics back then, I never knew it was 'cool' to like him, and I don't really care if it's now 'cool' to not like him, he remains my favourite comic character hands down. As for the over-exposure, I guess for people who actually have the money to get all these books every month (or really believe he doesn't belong in the Avengers, don't know personally as I don't follow them) it might be annoying. But I guess he's there like with Spidey or Bats being everywhere because he seems to sell books. In any case I don't mind much about it either way as I don't follow (nor do I have resources to follow) every book in Marvel (kudos to those who can) I just get the books with the characters or groups that appeal to me, which as relates to Logan are Wolverine, x-men and uncanny x-force. That's it, so this over-exposure thing is a non-issue to me, since I don't see it in my reading list, so it's not something I bother or really care about.

Plus, I'm enjoying the new directions Aaron is taking Logan, a steady lover, having him broken down and rebuilt emotionally, a headmaster, I'm looking forward to the new character growth for Wolvie.

#28 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

You got another Wolverine fan here lol

#29 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Im still a fan.

#30 Edited by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio
@franco2011
Epicness vey unrelated but epic all the same Bravo 
Back to Wloverine i've gained a recent respect for him but if he never pops up in a book i read i won't complain
#31 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

were all here nobody left

#32 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

I do have one question. Isn't wolverine invencible or does he have a weakness?

#33 Edited by sionb (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still a fan of Wolverine...even though him being used in so many books does get tiring.

#34 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still here. He's grown a little distant on me, but I'm still here!

#35 Posted by Joygirl (19522 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him still, I get sad that he has so many h8rzz now. He's not my favorite or anything but he'll always have a special secret place deep down in the deep dark depths of my deep places. He's my favorite of Marvel's "popular" characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.