Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

What new power\equipment would you give to Wolverine?

Avatar image for rosencrantz_guildenstern
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know many people consider Logan's HF being overpowered already, and basic alterings of the character aren't always producing the best results, but I think there are a number of possibilties that might be interesting for a short time. It doesn't has to be something pernament, though. 

Personally, I think it woud be neat if Logan would gain conscious control over his healing factor: he could accelerate it by will (maybe in expense of his stamina), focus it to heal specific bodyparts faster that others, have wounds on his body surface remain for longer periods of time, enabling him to play possum more effectively, etc. If anything else, this power would make future inconsistencies regarding his HF more acceptable. Going Flash, he migh also be able to lend and\or borrow HF... on the other hand, this sounds rather silly....

So, do you have any ideas what kind of new abilites or gadgets, temporal or pernament, would be cool for Logan to receive?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

the ability to die

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

give him mr majestic's powers along with his hf and ada
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87: Nasty! ;)
    ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ApeKindaBaked

His HF might have a weird effect on Venom. And it feeds off adrenaline or something doesnt it? Wolverines got plenty of that. 

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By JairamGanpat
    @apekindabaked said:
    "

His HF might have a weird effect on Venom. And it feeds off adrenaline or something doesnt it? Wolverines got plenty of that. 

No Caption Provided

"
    That looks awesome
    jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By jakeeboi17

The ability to be erased from memory by everyone... forever. That would be heaven :)

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Dakens son

He is virtually indestructable and an unstopable figther!
    what more do you want?
    maybe a patched bazooka upon his head?

digitalwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By digitalwolf
    @apekindabaked said:
    "

No Caption Provided

"
    I'm interested to see this! :D
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adamantium high heels and an umbrella for good measure.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Let's see: practically immortal, unbreakable and can cut through anything. The man's already the best at what he does, why give him a bigger advantage?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheCrowbar

Conjure Nair.

EternalBiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EternalBiker

I would like his admantium to be where it couldnt be affected by magneto
    Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Full_Spectrum

the ability to teleport into the heart of a neutron star.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CATPANEXE

Prehensile mutton chops

Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apekindabaked:
    Interesting theory, sweet picture!

@Dakens son said:
    " He is virtually indestructable and an unstopable figther! what more do you want? maybe a patched bazooka upon his head? "

@Kal'smahboi said:
    " Let's see: practically immortal, unbreakable and can cut through anything. The man's already the best at what he does, why give him a bigger advantage? "

Oh, come on, guys! While he is a formidable opponent for any street leveler, there are a whole lotta characters in the mainstream Marvel Universe alone that could pwn Logan with little to no effort.  Beings more powerful than him receive various temporal\pernament enhancements on an almost regular basis (Thor with his Odinforce and Rune Magic, Iron Man's Bleeding Edge armor, Silver Surfer's and Hulk's countless power ups), so I don't think it would be so unthinkable. I didn't mean to overpower him anyways, just give new facettes to his repertoire adding a bit of new dynamics. I know comics aren't all about super powers, but I think it is always interesting to see how a character reacts to drastic power changesaccording to his\her personality, how it affects his behavior and environment, and how he\she manages to make the best(?) of it while it lasts.

That BAzooka on head thingy, by the way, sounds delightfully aberrated ;)

@CATPANEXE said:
    " Prehensile mutton chops "

Yummy, kinky fun!! XD Maybe some cute cat whiskers too!

@TheCrowbar:
    Shouldn't you be penetratin' Jason Todd's skull or something? ;)

@Full_Spectrum:
    Annnnddd behold the birth of Sun Dipped Wolverineeeeee!!

How come nobody has made a joke about Wolvie's smelling of beer and Canadian bacon? I'm so utterly and unfathomably disappointed (think I'll go and ask my kitten whether she's a beer).
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dakens son
    @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern said:
    " @apekindabaked:
    Interesting theory, sweet picture!

@Dakens son said:
    " He is virtually indestructable and an unstopable figther! what more do you want? maybe a patched bazooka upon his head? "

@Kal'smahboi said:
    " Let's see: practically immortal, unbreakable and can cut through anything. The man's already the best at what he does, why give him a bigger advantage? "

Oh, come on, guys! While he is a formidable opponent for any street leveler, there are a whole lotta characters in the mainstream Marvel Universe alone that could pwn Logan with little to no effort.  Beings more powerful than him receive various temporal\pernament enhancements on an almost regular basis (Thor with his Odinforce and Rune Magic, Iron Man's Bleeding Edge armor, Silver Surfer's and Hulk's countless power ups), so I don't think it would be so unthinkable. I didn't mean to overpower him anyways, just give new facettes to his repertoire adding a bit of new dynamics. I know comics aren't all about super powers, but I think it is always interesting to see how a character reacts to drastic power changesaccording to his\her personality, how it affects his behavior and environment, and how he\she manages to make the best(?) of it while it lasts.

That BAzooka on head thingy, by the way, sounds delightfully aberrated ;)

@CATPANEXE said:
    " Prehensile mutton chops "

Yummy, kinky fun!! XD Maybe some cute cat whiskers too!

@TheCrowbar:
    Shouldn't you be penetratin' Jason Todd's skull or something? ;)

@Full_Spectrum: Annnnddd behold the birth of Sun Dipped Wolverineeeeee!!  How come nobody has made a joke about Wolvie's smelling of beer and Canadian bacon? I'm so utterly and unfathomably disappointed (think I'll go and ask my kitten whether she's a beer). "
    Hehehehehehe!
    Glad to know that you like my recomendation!
    To make things more interesting in the last astonishing spider-man&wolverine there's a teaser showing Logan carying the phoenix force!!!!
    how do ya like that?
    A telepathic Wolverine!!!!
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern: 

I was only an accessory to that crime!
    logansgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By logansgirl
    @spiderbat87 said:

" the ability to die "

He can die dude.

"Despite the extent of his healing factor, Wolverine is not immortal. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form, such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid, Wolverine can die."

I know he's had all of the above happen to him at times, but according to Marvel.com he can die if the injuries are bad enough.
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dakens son: 
    Logan with TP? Now that's a scary idea, especially if he'd be an omega level telepath. Imagine him going berserk, and accidentally creating a massive empathic rapport between himslef and any mind he can sense, having his uncontrollable rage spread through millions and milions of unfortunate psyches! That would be one helluva fracas all right.  Errr, now that I think about it, it might be healthier for us all if Wolvie'd stick to what he's got, eh? (unconfortable, nervous laughing)

Apropo mental powers, having him gain telekinesis would also be kickass. Looking at how his HF can make him strain his body well beyond its limits, he could telekinetically augment his feats to a massively overkill level. 

@TheCrowbar said:

" @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern:   I was only an accessory to that crime! "

Oh yeah, that's the same thing the Mask said about him ending up hanging on LoBo's destructive(ly ugly) mug! Don't blame yourself, though. The way that kid's been dressing, he was clearly looking for trouble. (Eh, Kick-Ass?)
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator

6 Retractable, rotatable, whiskers made of an even harder substance than Adamantium. Their sound effect will be snkt snkt snikt! Snnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzirl, snnnnizrl

Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC:  Now that would be awesome! Not only could wolvie shave even more effectively, he'd always had some yummy tidbits to give to the poor, hungy little puppies! Even better, imagine a Halloween scenario! Lottsa delicate facial-nasal treats into the little rascals' goodie bags, that'll teach 'em a lesson!
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dakens son
    @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern: You might by right sweating in fear bro but unfortunately the damage will be done soon enough: 

No Caption Provided

After the demon here comes the telepath!!!!
    is it me or spider-man is really REALLy unlucky?
    Atleast I won't have to fight against Wolver-oenix
    MUUUHAHAAAAAA(insane laugh of relief)!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None. The guy already has an insane healing factor. Extensive martial arts training. Unbreakable skeleton. Claws that can cut through practically everything. Enhanced/superhuman senses. Seriously, the guy doesn't need more powers or equipment.

Edit: Arguably peak human or enhanced human physical attributes as well. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By PowerHerc

None/nothing. 

Hasn't he got enough?
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dakens son: 
    Holy shit! Just... holy shit! Poor Peter... Where's the Uni-Power when you really need it? I'm definately looking forward to Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine #5.

@Alurvelve:

Rather enhanced level stats if you ask me, even without his adamantium framework.

I think temporal power ups can be an interesting addition to any superhero regardless of his\her power level as long as it serves as a good plot tool or as means to explore new facettes of a character's personality, and not for fan service. Check out how many enhancements characters vastly superior to Logan receive, like Thor, Hulk or the Silver Surfer. Whether the authors manage to pull these off in a clever way is another question.

@PowerHerc:

And you would give up the chance of seeing Wolverine equipped with a head bazooka or adamantium whiskers? Imagine the possibilities XD
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dakens son
    @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern:
    it looks intriguing BUT
    I don't  hold much expectation about that.
    I don't wanna be a downer but  already he is in a lot of shit thus from 2009 up until now.
    Something in the back of my head tells me not to be excited,none the less the teaser RULES!!!!
    NEXT STOP THE POWER COSMIC!!!
    what do you think about that?
    ChadwickDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ChadwickDavis

X force Suit 

Composition: Kevlar Vibranium Weave---You can only shoot someone so many times before they get sick of it 

Cloaking Field: Adamantium Claws, "the best there is at what he does", a lifetime of combat skills, and a berserker rage blindsiding you---enough said 

Teleportation field:  See cloaking field + the advantage of avoiding getting shot, smoke grenades. a med kit (to minimize the damage that he takes--or has to heal from. 
    Vibranium Knives: Borrows from Warpath  

Shock Gloves:
    modified from Surge's gauntlets is made to accomidate his claws. Slashing damage + "dont taze me bro" + Wolverine= "Berserker Barage"  

Minicomputer: Blackberry meets Cerebro 

Celeste Cuckoo: Psychic Agent who answers only to him who does not have an extensive lust for power. 

Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dakens son: 
    Well yes, Wolvie's recent adventures weren't all that good except of Uncanny X-Force, although I reckon Astonishing Spidey+Wolvie highly entertaining so far. The new ongoing isn't half bad either, still it could be a whole lot better nontheless. Maybe Jason Aaron could use some assistance from Marjorie Liu too. 

Hmmm, the Power Cosmic... makes mood for listening to some Joe Satriani ;D You might want to check out the Uncanny X-Men Annual #11 if you haven't had the fortune yet. You might find it very interesting. 

Back to topic giving him the Power Cosmic is only a good idea as long as it doesn't get into his head. Imagine him going on a rampage and turning people into beer! :O

@ChadwickDavis:
    Wow, you came up with quite an outstanding equipment and backup of ol' canucklehead! Especially the idea of a private Cuckoo is intriguing - what would Emma Frost say? ;)
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dakens son
    @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern :
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! 
    NO MORE MARJORIE LIU!!!
    Her contribution in x-23 is unsatisfying if you ask me.only the last issue was likable(woow I made a new word!)
    Aaron's work wasn't that bad there's enough drama,anxiety and hatred in the new series.
    Un.-x-force is a real kick in the teeth man!!!They've started thrashing!!
    Joe Satriani makes you wanna surf with an allien I suppose?
    Last time I saw him live he was wearing Silver surfers t-s an he was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWEEEEESSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEE!
    Rosencrantz&Guildenstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dakens son:  Not a big fan of Liu, are you? ;)

Well, Aaron manages to characterize Logan pretty well, that's for sure. Let's hope his stuff will only get better. 
    Satriani's awesomeness manifested. I still can't believe they dared and put the Silver Surfer into the second F4 movie without any Satch music in the background! Maybe the makers of the reboot will be wiser...
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dakens son
    @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern said:
    " @Dakens son:  Not a big fan of Liu, are you? ;)  Well, Aaron manages to characterize Logan pretty well, that's for sure. Let's hope his stuff will only get better.  Satriani's awesomeness manifested. I still can't believe they dared and put the Silver Surfer info the second F4 movie without any Satch music in the background! Maybe the makers of the reboot will be wiser... "
    Well Liu isn't my favourite,I think she has to improve a bit,take x-23 issues and you'll see.
    I was imagining a picture in the movie with silver surfer  flying his board  and crushing as the backround nose but no luck!!
    I think the music editors in that movie REALLY sucked!!!!!!
    Avatar image for captain_justice95
    Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakeeboi17 said:
    The ability to be erased from memory by everyone... forever. That would be heaven :)

wo cant hate on wolverine
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The wolverine-cave and -copter.

Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Warlord

i know this sounds kinda lame and impractical but wolverine should start carrying flash grenades around. :)
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Timandm

A personal assistant to keep him on schedule with all his different teams.

Avatar image for iknoweverything
    IKnowEverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By IKnowEverything

The flash's speed would make him possibly the most physically impressive x men.

oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By oldgum

Lightsabre? or some utility belt like Batman's.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gravitypress

The ability to be invisible for whole storylines.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By InnerVenom123

A slow demise and banishment from comics. 

Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GreenLantern555
    No Caption Provided
    infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By infonation
    @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern: AWESOME idea! (I wish I'd thought of it!) They could incorporate that into a vido game and it would be up to YOU what needs healing right away and what can wait for later!
    infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By infonation
    @Rosencrantz&Guildenstern: How about giving Wolverine some throwing daggers, ones he made himself! They look like his claws if they had been removed from his hands! That way he can take down enemies who are too far away from him!
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By LoganRogue24

maybe have Logan heal others with a touch kind of like She Ra or something cause corect me if iam wrong the only person he can help are people with like Rogues absorbing power. would be interesting if he can heal others with a touch like She Ra from the old 80s She Ra cartoon.
    Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By Demonturtle

Slow down his healing factor.  That way he cant just go running into any battle and not worry about if he gets seriously injured or not.  It make him a more interesting character to have to think his way in and out of a battle!

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @spiderbat87 said:
    the ability to die
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By the_stegman

honestly...he has enough power as it is

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing.

Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#49  Edited By Demonturtle
    @GreenLantern555 said:
    No Caption Provided
    very nice!
    Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve got it!!! What if they make his claws heat up?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.