Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16078 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

What is the 'Japan story'?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

I keep hearing that Hugh Jackman wants to have another Wolverine movie centered around the 'Japan story'.
    I know there was a period in Wolverine's history where he traveled to Japan and received samurai training, but I didn't know there was a story there worthy of a Hollywood movie.
    Being an X-Men geek, I'm kinda ashamed at myself for not being familiar with the story in question, but Wolverine has such a lengthy and complex history that it's hard to keep up with it all.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Slinger
    Power NeXus said:
    "I keep hearing that Hugh Jackman wants to have another Wolverine movie centered around the 'Japan story'.I know there was a period in Wolverine's history where he traveled to Japan and received samurai training, but I didn't know there was a story there worthy of a Hollywood movie.Being an X-Men geek, I'm kinda ashamed at myself for not being familiar with the story in question, but Wolverine has such a lengthy and complex history that it's hard to keep up with it all."
    It is a long and sordid tale. He moved there, troubled, but was able to make a peaceful life for himself. Eventually he was married (and sired Daken) but his wife was murdered and he lost his sh*t. If you read early issues of Wolverine Origins they touch upon a little of it, but Logan has always had many close ties to Japan, there are many stories that could be told of his time spent there.
    Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Chaos Agent

Is that the story by Miller?

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By G'bandit

How hard is this?

Is The Last Samurai but with Wolverine and a bit more Marvelized :P

There XD

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Power NeXus
    G'bandit said:
    "How hard is this? Is The Last Samurai but with Wolverine and a bit more Marvelized :PThere XD "

Hypershock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Hypershock
    G'bandit said:
    "How hard is this? Is The Last Samurai but with Wolverine and a bit more Marvelized :PThere XD "
    LOL
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    G'bandit said:
    Hahaha! "Marvelized" is that even a word? :D
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By G'bandit
    War Killer said:
    "G'bandit said:
    Hahaha! "Marvelized" is that even a word? :D"
    Now it is :P
    Psychotime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Psychotime

How can you "Marvelize" something? How would that work?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.