Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16054 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Viper on The Wolverine Set Leaks!

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Look what I've found for you guys, the first look of Viper, a known Captain America character, in the upcoming The Wolverine, so what do you guys think of this comment below, here is the video of it from The ComicBookCast!

Jeanniebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jeanniebird

blond hair... -.-

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I thought she was already confirmed for the film anyway.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lykopis

@Jeanniebird said:

blond hair... -.-

I can't even.....but yeah.....

-_-

Jeanniebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jeanniebird

@lykopis: What's up with this movie and hair colors? First a picture of a japanese woman with red hair (I won't forgive Fox easily if that turns out to be Yukio) and now Viper without green hair? Serously, these guys need to do better research.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lykopis

@Jeanniebird: I have been trying so hard to keep optimistic about his movie, really, really hard but seeing things like this just really disappoints. If you can't get the looks right, (yes, yes, I know Wolverine is too tall, lol) then how can I be confident you will do the story justice. Its what has everyone's hopes up -- that this will be the correction to all the wrongs of before. :/

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
    @lykopis said:

@Jeanniebird:  If you can't get the looks right, (yes, yes, I know Wolverine is too tall, lol) then how can I be confident you will do the story justice. --

This statement is a joke, right??
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lykopis

@cattlebattle:

Maybe.

Maybe it is.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle
    @lykopis said:

@cattlebattle:

Maybe.

Maybe it is.

I am saying...its kind of shallow. In Batman Begins almost none of the characters had the same look as their comic counterpart and it didn't hinder the story....unless I missed something and Ras Al Ghul always appears as a really tall, Irish ninja.....
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lykopis

@cattlebattle:

To be fair, Hugh Jackman has been very vocal about making sure he stays true to the story. When something like green-hair isn't adhered to (which is an extremely identifiable characteristic of Viper) then it gets me a little nervous. And its not the only thing. Its not as bad as casting non-asian actors for the Avatar (the last airbender) but let's see.

And yes --- it is shallow. The story could be awesome, the actress bang on with her interpretation of Viper, but asking for a green wig isn't too much, is it? Then again, I can see your point, it shouldn't ruin the whole movie either.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle
    @lykopis said:

@cattlebattle:

To be fair, Hugh Jackman has been very vocal about making sure he stays true to the story. When something like green-hair isn't adhered to (which is an extremely identifiable characteristic of Viper) then it gets me a little nervous. And its not the only thing. Its not as bad as casting non-asian actors for the Avatar (the last airbender) but let's see.

And yes --- it is shallow. The story could be awesome, the actress bang on with her interpretation of Viper, but asking for a green wig isn't too much, is it? Then again, I can see your point, it shouldn't ruin the whole movie either.

I can agree with you, somethings about some comic movies will turn me off....but only if its done haphazardly. For instance some movies (not just X-Men related) will take liberties with the characters, as long as their done for a logical or practical reasons I don't mind. 
    G_I_R_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By G_I_R_L

if I'm not mistaken, she was a main villain for Wolverine in the 90s to (she dated Silver Samurai) and nearly killed Storm (Storm returned the favor in Claremont's X-Treme X-Men); So I don't see a problem with her inclusion. I'm more concerned about the dialogue in the movie (the last Wolverine film sucked BIG time) and the continuity of the film (since the last one was everywhere and doesn't mesh with the last X-Movie at all *Emma Frost*).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.