Twilight Director to Helm Wolverine 2?

• 55 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
 It's not like there isn't precedent for this kind of thing, you know.

Could TWILIGHT be co-opting the X-MEN? The horror! Actually, no. Splash Page is reporting that David Slade’s the rumored top contender to direct WOLVERINE 2. His most recent movie was TWILIGHT: ECLIPSE, but a brief look at the man’s filmography shows he’s got a dark streak. Not only did he direct the intense-as-nails indy flick HARD CANDY and the 30 DAYS OF NIGHT movie, he’s also got a healthy number of creepy-to-downright-unnerving music videos under his belt, including clips for System of a Down, Stone Temple Pilots and Aphex Twin. The latter video probably deserves the most attention… because anybody who thought the legendarily-frightening Aphex Twin videos for “Windowlicker” and “Come to Daddy” couldn't be outdone in creepiness really needs to see Slade’s clip for “Donkey Rhubarb.”

Yeah, you’ll never look at the Care Bears the same way again, will you?

Anyway, Jackman’s being saying he wants this new WOLVERINE film to be very different from the first one, lest anybody repeat themselves. If Slade brings any of this wonderful madness to movie #2 - - even just a fraction - - you can be rest assured this’ll be the darkest mutant movie ever. == TEASER ==

Given the TWILIGHT/X-MEN connection here, I supposed I’d be remiss not to comment about this possibly following suit from that other mutant movie that's coming out soon, as well as the current CURSE OF THE MUTANTS storyline. Such a combination, I’m sure, would mean that we’d get see dozens of casting announcements for WOLVERINE 2, including the likes of vampire Yuriko and vampire Silver Samurai as well as vampire Cyber and vampire Albert (if only.)

Also, it’s probably worth commenting that is an odd bit of turnaround considering how that famous, shirtless wolf boy Taylor Launter was rumored to play a young Wolverine in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS for a while. He actually turned down an offer, even if that wasn't necessarily the role. 

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

#1 Edited by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, loved 30 days of night and Eclipse pretty much redeemed the entire twilight series (in a little way). no doubt this will be a very dark movie. 

#2 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Twilight :Eclipse has a brutal as hell fight scene at the end, I say good choice.

#3 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

I think im ok with this, hopefully there's more brutality in this wolverine movie because he's suppose to be far more vicious than he was in the last film. (freakin adamantium bullet T_T)

#4 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets hope we get one decent wolverine...x movie... they cant ruin them all
#5 Posted by Bats (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like he's got the cred to give the fans the Wolvie they deserve.

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm almost positive they can't mess up the franchise even more. Sure, give this dude a shot. 

#7 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

a movie that is pre-destined to suck directed by a dude I've never heard of? 
Fantastic!
#8 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care for the Twilight movies that much but i did see the first one and that's the only one and it had okay fight scenes

#9 Posted by batmanboy11 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Any hope I had left for FOX-Men franchise dies with this news.

#10 Posted by BaronVonDredd (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words: Oh. &#$%.

#11 Posted by Weapon-Alpha (148 posts) - - Show Bio

they really dont need a "young" version of wolverine lol since he was how old when first class is supposed to go down?
#12 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
@They Killed Cap! said:
"Lets hope we get one decent wolverine...x movie... they cant ruin them all "

Yes They Can!!
#13 Posted by Britt601 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I really did like 30 Days of Night, and I do want my vampires to turn into my "gory original" vampires, but keep it out of the movie.
#14 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by X-93 (234 posts) - - Show Bio
@G'bandit: That is an awesome pic.  I was thinking the same thing when I watched this overrated movie.
#16 Posted by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanboy11 said:
" Any hope I had left for FOX-Men franchise dies with this news. "
me too :(
#17 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna say this is bad til I remembered he did 30 days of night and I loved that movie.
#18 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet :D

#19 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is dead to me now.

#20 Posted by BoozCheese (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man i hope this is good. 30 days of night rocked so hopefully they can make the fight scenes in wolvie 2 brutal :) and They better not put a young wolverine in "First Class", that would be lame. 

"The name's not Logan bub." 
"It's WOLVERINE" 
SNIKT!

#21 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9055 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not like that 

#22 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as we get snikts instead of sparkles...

#23 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Taylor Lautner turned down playing Young Beast. Not Young Wolverine.

#24 Edited by CadeShanley (85 posts) - - Show Bio
@G'bandit: I agree with that image Blade should kill all Twilight vampires in the ending.
#25 Posted by CadeShanley (85 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the Twilight saga but I am a Wolverine fan so OK.

#26 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, he went from Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night to Twilight!? Guess he was desperate for the scratch. 

Does not matter anyway. Impossible to redeem this after the abysmal first one.

#27 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONOOOONNOONONONONONONOONNOONOONNONONONONON NO NON NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! All i can say is no.
#28 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a bad feeling about this.
#29 Posted by RATZGobbler (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I get it, now we're gonna have to deal with team Scott and Team Logan aren't we, well I'm only rooting for Team Wade.

#30 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, it would be pretty cool to see Wolverine take a darker tone.

#31 Posted by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT? Crap
#32 Posted by Watchman (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked 30 Days of Night, and I hope this move will be better than the last. I just want a director that knows what he's doing. Good luck to whoever's making it.

#33 Posted by gordocomics (113 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHAH

since i already had shit expectations for the movie i find this great.

#34 Edited by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this second movie is better than the first. I would prefer this title to be just Wolverine rather than Wolverine 2. If you think about it, Logan has no memories so you can completely ignore the events of the first movie. So this would be a reboot just like the Incredible Hulk movie. The origin was told in a sort of flashback of Bruce's transformation into Hulk. So Logan can have a different memory which can be shown in flashbacks of what happened to him. The same memory and dream which Logan had in the first X-Men movie.
#35 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Impersonator:
they need to do SOMEthing to seperate this movie from the last 
very very seperate
#36 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

Fox are a bunch of douche bags.  gavin hood had something going with wolverine and im sure hed of come up with a second feature since he had build up to it.  fox is a bunch of back stabbing pricks to not let him make the second feature.  

#37 Posted by gambitpryde1993 (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@G'bandit: Lol. Blade could take out the whole Twilight/True Blood crew except for Alcides, he's my boi:)
#38 Posted by Ziggatron9000 (4 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm iffy about all comic book movies as of late. The Nolan Brothers heading the Batman movies and now rumored to dot he the Superman movies, and now this guy. I'm all for comic book movies, but I just really hope this guy has some love for the characters of the series, unlike the Nolan brothers, who don't think that Batman and Superman would ever meet.
#39 Posted by edisonbrown (5 posts) - - Show Bio

just the mention of Twilight and Wolverine in the same sentence doesn't sit right with me. whoever gets to lead this project better make it just as great if not greater then the first!

#40 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

David Slade is an awesome director,Hard Candy is one of my favourite movies, it was beautifully made and Eclipse was by far the best Twilight movie. 30 Days of Night was pretty bad-ass too. So I'm not much of a fan of Wolverine, but I will see this if David Slade is directing.

#41 Posted by beatboks1 (7215 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comiclove5 said:
" @They Killed Cap! said:
"Lets hope we get one decent wolverine...x movie... they cant ruin them all "
Yes They Can!! "
they can but the odds of being that bad in the industry are pretty low.
#42 Posted by zedmanovic (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight had fight scenes? lol! 
anyway, SNIKT, bub!

#43 Posted by Tmul501 (598 posts) - - Show Bio
@They Killed Cap! said:
" Lets hope we get one decent wolverine...x movie... they cant ruin them all "
I feel like that may be a challenge they're willing to accept
#44 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
"I'm almost positive they can't mess up the franchise even more. Sure, give this dude a shot.  "
#45 Posted by Lvenger (19851 posts) - - Show Bio

If there are shiny vampires in this Wolverine movie, I will hate Logan forever.

#46 Posted by aZuLPiNoY (116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

"If there are shiny vampires in this Wolverine movie, I will hate Logan forever. "

Wouldn't a vampire Cyber be shiny?  Haha...

#47 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the franchise can't get any worse, so what the hell, let him have a shot at it.

#48 Posted by rschomber (13 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't know how i feel about this

#49 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully this will work!  The movie needs something to darken it up!
#50 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole X-men is following the vampire-trend..damn'... :(
I'm not expecting much from any of these other 20th Century Fox X-men flicks... Wolverine Origins 2, X-men 1st class, Magneto/Professor X/Cyclops/Deadpool/etc.. Origins... bleh...
Fox needs to lose the license! They're only interested in the quick profit, making lackbuster flicks for no money and making money on DVDs/Blurays... bad reviews? no problem, it will be profitable anyway!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.