"The Wolverine" Gets a Release Date

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think they were anywhere near ready for this... but I guess making a movie in 17 months isn't unheard of these days. It'll be interesting to see if this is true.

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope its good. Not to state the obvious or anything...

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this thread was going to be about Fox releasing Wolverine....guess not.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: Hey, X-Men: First Class was mega-rushed, so I wouldn't doubt this info to be wrong at all.

@TheCrowbar: Psh. Like that'll ever happen, lol.

#6 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

hell, yeah bring on wolverine movie.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12599 posts) - - Show Bio

Good...anything would be better than Origins: Wolverine

#8 Posted by _slim_ (13058 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Samurai :D

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm... I'll wait for a trailer to care or not.

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (15198 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine will beat Iron Man films sales

#11 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I will give it a chance

#12 Posted by MagmaGazer (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. Slated for a release after my final exams next year? 'Least it's something for me to look forward after a no doubt difficult year (which I am not looking forward to, one bit).

#13 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to it! Hope it's as good as the first two X-Men films (the best Wolverine movies so far... though to be fair I haven't seen X-Men Origins: Wolverine yet).

#14 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it is rated MA15+ or even R18+, I'll be happy. A Wolverine movie shouldn't be for kids.

#15 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildValentine: While that is probably true, I don't see it happening. The studio is going to want to milk this film for as much money as they can get out of it.

#16 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope its better then x-men origins wolverine.

#17 Posted by canis (28 posts) - - Show Bio

sweeeeeeet!!

#18 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildValentine said:

As long as it is rated MA15+ or even R18+, I'll be happy. A Wolverine movie shouldn't be for kids.

Totally. They probably won't go for an R-rating, but we can always hope for an unrated director's cut on DVD.

#19 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait for reviews before I even acknowledge that this exist.

#20 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: So do I! "X-Men: Origins Wolverine" felt more like a cluttered mess than an actual origin story!

#21 Posted by TheCannon (17965 posts) - - Show Bio

Horray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#22 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

what i hated about origins wolverine was the bone claws sinse x-1 showed in x rays his claws were implants in his arms. and i hated how the lab scene did not match up to his memory flashes in 1 and 2. and the set looked nothing like the one he finds 15 years later in x-men 2. i look at origins wolverine and x-3 as alternate dimessions of the x-men and the bryan singer films and first class are the real x-men universe thats how i see it in my head. cause x-3 and wolverine origins made no sense and dissreguarded the singer films anyway. i do love how x-men first class ignored x-3 and wolverine that was cool.

#23 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24: What? So in the "movieverse" continuity Wolvie doesn't get bone claws?! And yet, in the PREQUEL, he gets them ANYWAY?!... I'm starting to understand how Wolverine fanboys hate this movie so easily...

#24 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine origins and x-3 was stupid they made no sense.

#25 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

So a reboot to Wolverine origins ?

#26 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

So a reboot to Wolverine origins ?

Doubt it. Probably going to be the sequel to it.

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't expect there to be a release date in the near future

#28 Posted by AngeTheDude (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if this is a reboot or not, but I know they are ignoring Origins entirely.

Also, this was supposed to be filmed in Japan but the tsunami disaster stopped that from happening. That's part of why this movie has been pushed back so far.

#29 Posted by Yamata (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this one will be better the Origins

#30 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. This is horrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.