Something Wrong with This Picture?

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at the bottom left picture of Logan in this scan...

two things i think are wierd about this picture...

1.) Why is Logan wearing his gloves when he is just laying around relaxing? (personally i liked it better when he didnt wear gloves or wrapped his hands like a boxer)

2.) Wolverine reads on his down time!?! I guess when you have action every day you want somethign quiet but keeps you focused to get your mind off things but Logan just doesnt seem like someone who reads a whole lot. He seems more like the meditation type.

#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah... and Wolverine's in it

#3 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:

" yeah... and Wolverine's in it "

Not a Logan fan?

EDIT: As for the OP, he's just taken his costume top and mask off. That's why the gloves are still there. I guess he just cbf taking them off as well (which is fair enough if you've spent the day fighting evil-doers).
#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula said:
Not a Logan fan? "
He's Okay. I don't really mind him or Deadpool. I think they are over-used but not bad characters.

I was more just making a quip.
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula said:
Not a Logan fan? "
He's Okay. I don't really mind him or Deadpool. I think they are over-used but not bad characters.I was more just making a quip. "
Cool, I wasn't judging, just curious. I feel the same way and do the same thing.
#6 Posted by Jake Fury (18166 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a very major problem with this. Psylocke doesn't knock?!!? Geez, I know she's a telepath but what if Logan was wanting to rub one off or something?
#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" There's a very major problem with this. Psylocke doesn't knock?!!? Geez, I know she's a telepath but what if Logan was wanting to rub one off or something? "
What about the fact she doesn't have a...posterior? That's some badly drawn walking.
#8 Posted by Jake Fury (18166 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fade:

She looks like a 10 year old schoolgirl storming off after a tantrum.

#9 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF

How about hat it looks like that masked guy just put his little x man away? touching himself well watching Pyslocke.

#10 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine doesn't have time to read..........................................
#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the least of my problems with Uncanny X-Force.

#12 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

At least he has good taste... Old Man and The Sea. good book.

#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

That's the least of my problems with Uncanny X-Force.

"

what problems do you have with the X-Force issues?

@Caligula said:

"At least he has good taste... Old Man and The Sea. good book. "

never heard of it
#14 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: what?

but it's Hemmingway. Seriously. If you are a male and haven't heard of Hemmingway, what have you been doing with your life. One of the Darkest and yet most captivating novelists of all time.
#15 Posted by Outside_85 (8171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Caligula
Only heard he blew his own brains out :D

Seriously though, why wouldnt Logan read? It's not like he's an uncultivated savage and he cant spend all his time meditating, drinking or chopping his old enemies into tiny bits. But my red flag will rise if he starts playing the blues.

#16 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85: that he did.
#17 Edited by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine reading The Old Man And The Sea. Doesn't really fit.

#18 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @DEGRAAF: what?but it's Hemmingway. Seriously. If you are a male and haven't heard of Hemmingway, what have you been doing with your life. One of the Darkest and yet most captivating novelists of all time. "

lol i am male and have heard of Hemmingway but i dont think i have ever read anything he has written
#19 Posted by God_Spawn (37371 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of which i have 6 issues of uncanny x-force i need to catch up on....

#20 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: He's reading Old Man and the Sea, it's very apt for the character.
#21 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: Why isn't it apt? 
#22 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio
@perry_411

Wolverine is an adventurous character and he's reading Old Man and the Sea (one of the most driest books in the world imo)

#23 Edited by Evpraksiya (260 posts) - - Show Bio

it fits to the character, it talks about epic battle stuff, experienced guy and challenge. And it's best for him to read than trying to catch some girls around...

#24 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: I would say it's wet. I kid I kid. Story is a young guy helping an old man achieve an arduous task. Wolverine is constantly helping youngens, had his life saved by a youngen way back when he was with Jubes..It's slow reading, but I would imagine it's not meant to excite him, as he's in bed.
#25 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Psylocke's right leg seems larger than her left leg or she's hitchhiking.

#26 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio
@perry_411

yeah I read the book.

but I would imagine it's not meant to excite him, as he's in bed.

with cloves! Something kinky is happening! =P

#27 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" There's a very major problem with this. Psylocke doesn't knock?!!? Geez, I know she's a telepath but what if Logan was wanting to rub one off or something? "
Maybe he was and he's acting like he's reading a book?
#28 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o No comment on the glove thing. But the man may kill a lot and likes to get his hands dirty, but what's wrong with reading a book? I'm sure Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Cyclops, Emma Frost, ALL read a good book every now and then. Why is it so hard to believe Logan wouldn't mind a good read after a long day of hacking and slashing?

#29 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer
i didnt even know wolverine could read most the time he jusr grunts
#30 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiddevil said:
@War Killer: i didnt even know wolverine could read most the time he jusr grunts
O_o Have you EVER read a comic book with Wolverine in it?
#31 Posted by PowerHerc (81645 posts) - - Show Bio

I see your point about him wearing gloves.

About him reading; why not?   Any and everybody can enjoy reading.

#32 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think that Wolverine seems like he's a heavy reader...stuff like the Art of War and books like that

#33 Posted by Rosencrantz&Guildenstern (275 posts) - - Show Bio

In Rucka's run on Wolverine Logan was reading among others Henry David Thoreau's Walden, a quintessencial piece for American Transcendentialism. I think mostly everthing suits him that deals seriously with knowing one's nature, man and nature and the sublime or self discipline. It's a pity we don't get to se him and Hank McCoy discuss pieces of art and literature, it would be fun to see them argue about Dostoyevsky's Notes for Underground. Wolvie's like the coolest bachelor of arts ever ;)

#34 Posted by thegentlemanrogue (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern said:
In Rucka's run on Wolverine Logan was reading among others Henry David Thoreau's Walden, a quintessencial piece for American Transcendentialism. I think mostly everthing suits him that deals seriously with knowing one's nature, man and nature and the sublime or self discipline. It's a pity we don't get to se him and Hank McCoy discuss pieces of art and literature, it would be fun to see them argue about Dostoyevsky's Notes for Underground. Wolvie's like the coolest bachelor of arts ever ;)
Also in Jason Aaron's Wolverine: Weapon X it was reveled that Logan has read Faulkner's Go Down, Moses and likes The Bear. A lot of different writers have shown Wolverine to be heavy reader.
#35 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

People used to read a lot more than they do now and Logan's not exactly young. It would actually seem very wrong if he wasn't a reader.

#36 Posted by stikfigureman2 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

bad walking! bad gloves! how dare they be there!

#37 Posted by SC (12721 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah, Psylocke's leg makes up 75% of her body 0_0

Moderator Online
#38 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah, her legs just look weird O_o
#39 Posted by Warlord (61 posts) - - Show Bio

who reads Old Man and the Sea on their spare time. Really?
#40 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Real men read comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.