Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Sabertooth is coming back!? Where are the breadcumbs in volume 3?

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By perry_411

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=34946

They said Bianchi's story left breadcrumbs about how a guy could come back. The Romulus storyline was awful right? It was just an excuse to remove all of Wolvie's popular foes-sabes, Omega Red, etc.

Either way, I usually enjoy Sabertooth decimating wolverine to remind writers that wolverine isn't an alpha, just a dog.

"Jeph Loeb and Simone Bianchi will reteam on "Wolverine" to bring back the arch-villain they killed off a few years back as Sabertooth is on the prowl again. "I appreciate everybody who stood on the wall at Marvel and said 'No, he's not coming back,'" Loeb said of Marvel keeping the character off the table for other writers so he could do this story. He added "I've said in other interviews that the story we told was not the whole story...if you've been clamoring for Sabertooth to return and make Wolverine's life miserable [this is the place]." He added that if fans go back and read he and Bianchi's last Sabertooth story, the breadcrumbs that can explain how he can return after being decapitated are all in there."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Hopefully now he can go back to being the ruthless, psychotic monster he's meant to be

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

The Romulus story was awful.

I hope they bring him back with no adamantium. I always liked him all-natural, with Wolvie being artificial in comparison.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

There's no way I'm rereading Loeb's horrible run to try and find any breadcrumbs......NO WAY!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

dang. i was kinda happy that he was dead.

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By perry_411

@danhimself: lol dang I was hoping someone would. I have the issues, but not really entertaining the first run. They seemed to kill Sabertooth just for Romulus, who was a terrible idea with a worse story. It wasn't Sabertooth crossing the line, again, but with Wolverine killing him with a bleeping sword?

Avatar image for nightwalkerrevan
    NightwalkerRevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NightwalkerRevan

Not another 'he's dead but not really' again!? I mean they spent years pushing the seriousness of Logan and Creed's hatred, making it clear one day it was going to come to ahead, one day Creed would just go to far. And it happened, there was a massive battle and Logan killed Creed, like he always knew he would have to someday. Now they might undo it, not happy with that idea, what was the point of their conflict if it wasn't one-day going to finally come a grand finale finish, and why bother killing him in the first place?

I say let him stay dead (other major Wolvie enemies remain memorable though they died at his hands, such as Shingen, Ogun etc), in fact it emphasizes Logan's deadliness, when known long-term enemies die at his hands rather then just unamed thugs and Hand ninjas.

I don't know, I guess I'm just tired with death being only a transitory state for everyone in the Marvel universe these days it seems. I thought it was a bold move to decide to bring the Wolverine/Sabertooth rivalry to a head (even if I hated the lupine evolution thing suggested), and I enjoyed seeing itself play out, it allowed their decades old battle to go out with a bang rather then a whimper.

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By perry_411

@NightwalkerRevan: It's hard to write stories without a foil. Oh, Jean grey is returning as well.

Avatar image for nightwalkerrevan
    NightwalkerRevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NightwalkerRevan

@perry_411: Hmm, I still feel they should just develop a new rivalry, I kinda thought that some of the reason for Daken's existence (even though I don't like the guy that much), was he could take that place that Creed held, And they could still bring Romulus back, or even better that brother of Logan's shown in Wolverine:the End I think, the one with the claws, healing factor and phasing abilities. For me, Creed's death allows the development of a whole new foils for Logan, other villains with close ties to him that can give him a run for his money, a chance for the writers to go into new territory.

As for Jean, I'd keep her where she is, but she's Phoenix, it's always been her thing to come back from the dead, but it's not really that unique when everyone else does it to lol.

Anyhow, you're probably right, and Creed will probably come back, personally I just wish they would leave him dead and explore new ideas for foils for Logan.

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By perry_411

@NightwalkerRevan: The Daken as a foil isn't an on-page enemy. daken works more behind the scenes, but seeing Daken do the dirty work takes something out of the story for me. If Daken orchestrated bad things but wasn't seen I'd enjoy it.

NinjaProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NinjaProtocol

He's coming back? I was sure he'd be dead forever.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself

I don't see how it could possibly turn out that he wasn't dead.....we saw him in hell while Wolverine was sent there last arc

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By perry_411

@danhimself: I guess Sabes gonna climb out of hell, or someone picked up his remains and preserved them.

Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Westlife

He'd better come back, and be just as great as before, if not better.

BADJEREMIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By BADJEREMIE

Its about time

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad he's coming back.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By owie  Moderator

Wasn't Sabretooth killed, and then recloned by Sinister a few times anyway? So in a sense, it's surprising he's not back already.

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By perry_411

@Owie: not in 616 cannon.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By owie  Moderator

@perry_411 said:

@Owie: not in 616 cannon.

Are you sure? It's unclear to me whether those are canon or not. I could believe them either way, but I have been thinking of them as 616 canon rather than a kind of What If.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister Sinister tried to clone Sabretooth but realized he couldn't IIRC, don't know why he couldn't though. It took place in the 616 universe.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Sinister has officially cloned him in 616. Too bad writer can left a character dead for long. Too bad it has to be Loeb to revive him.

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By perry_411

@Owie: They made some excuse about healing factor, it's on sabes wiki page.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Honestly, I think what, not counting wolverine... two others have busted out of hell? Puck from alpha flight and somebody else, the hangman I think, both tied into the x-men one way or another. I mean thats a fat loaf of breadcrumbs by itself if you ask me

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.