Follow

Wolverine

Character » Wolverine appears in 16088 issues.

A long-lived mutant with the rage of a beast and the soul of a Samurai, James "Logan" Howlett's once mysterious past is filled with blood, war, and betrayal. Possessing an accelerated healing factor, keenly enhanced senses, and bone claws in each hand (along with his skeleton) that are coated in adamantium; Wolverine is, without question, the ultimate weapon.

Rating the Wolverine Family

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RainEffect

I thought I might do something interesting that can include most of the forum on here. I'm an avid fan of the entire Wolverine family, with my personal favourite being X-23. As I was drinking my daily tea (I'm Australia, not British xD) I got to thinking that each member has their own specilization and that it would be interesting to graph them. So here is RainEffect's Chart of Lethality! 

RainEffect's Chart of Lethality

Rating Their Respective Strength - Physical mass, endurance and overall power. 
    1. Wolverine - The oldest of the three, a male who has reached the absolute limit of human potential when it comes to physical attributes; Logan takes this.
    2. Daken - Peak human male, athletic but not quite as powerful as his old man.
    3. X-23 - Laura is a young lady, and therefore restricted in comparison to her bro and dad.
    Rating Their Respective Speed - Agility, athleticism and maneuverability 
    1. X-23 - The youngest, smallest and leanest member of the family, also arguably the most highly trained, having been raised from square one.
    2. Daken - A complete lack of adamantium, combined with a lean body build means this son is quicker on his feet.
    3. Wolverine - Too much body mass and an adamantium skeleton puts Big Daddy at the bottom.
    Rating Their Respective Healing Factors - Regeneration time, effectiveness
    1. Daken - No adamantium means no poisoning within his body, therefore his healing factor can work at full capacity.
    2. X-23 - Only a tiny amount of adamantium. Healing factor also scientifically refined from experiments.
    3. Wolverine - A skeleton of adamantium means his healing factor must fight off the poisoning that goes with it.
    Rating Their Respective Senses - Efficiency of senses
    1. Wolverine - The most experienced and the most aged, therefore the most in tune.
    2. Daken - Lived among the wild like his old man, therefore more in tune with his senses.
    3. X-23 - It was close, because Laura was trained to use her senses, but she's never had to rely on them.
    Rating Their Respective Fighting Skills - Versatility and lethality
    1. Wolverine - Longest lived and therefore most educated. Has the most versatile moveset.
    2. X-23 - Raised to be a perfect assassin; speaks for itself.
    3. Daken - He falls ridiculously short here. No elite training, just rage and instinct.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RainEffect

Bump, because this got lost in the sea of messages on the homepage.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ComicStooge

Wasn't Daken trained by Romulas?

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RainEffect
    @ComicStooge said:
    Wasn't Daken trained by Romulas?
    Romulus* xD

Yes he was, but that is only one master. Fighting skill also relies on versatility. Wolverine and X-23 have been trained in many different forms of combat.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ComicStooge

Fair enough. We're not rating Creed or Romulus here either?

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RainEffect
    @ComicStooge said:
    Fair enough. We're not rating Creed or Romulus here either?
    I'm not sure if I count them in the 'Wolverine Family'. This is just direct blood ties to Wolverine. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Creed and Logan are related only in the Ultimate-verse, right?
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ComicStooge

Weren't they brothers?

afgossett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By afgossett

@ComicStooge:

No they aren't related at all in the main 616 universe if that's what you were asking.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I like these rating, very thought out and in my opinion probably right for those three in the terms they are being rated in.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ComicStooge

Thanks for the info.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Why is Laura over Daken in fighting skills?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

I agree with that whole list. *nodnod* And yeah, if you used Sabes then you'd need Deadpool too and everything gets crazy.

BADJEREMIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BADJEREMIE

Daken was training by Cyber too(the hudson bay compagny/departement H)* .That was elite training like this training with Romulus.I am sure Daken has others special trainings.He is not only rage and instinct.*wolverine origin tpb volume 3 swift and terrible

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By mewmdude77

@RainEffect said:

I thought I might do something interesting that can include most of the forum on here. I'm an avid fan of the entire Wolverine family, with my personal favourite being X-23. As I was drinking my daily tea (I'm Australia, not British xD) I got to thinking that each member has their own specilization and that it would be interesting to graph them. So here is RainEffect's Chart of Lethality!

I want to know how a continent/country can write on a computer! How did you do that?!?!

Anyways, back to seriousness, I see a couple things here I want to discuss. body mass doesn't have to be a factor in agility and speed, Wolverine can be a pretty fast son of a bitch if he wants to, he can dodge bullets at point blank range, and can move pretty fast when he wants to. with Healing Factor have you seen what Wolverine can last through? He has taken a point blank nuke in the face more than once, and fully healed in seconds! I would think Logan would win in every category you made.

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mayo88m

@mewmdude77 said:

@RainEffect said:

I want to know how a continent/country can write on a computer! How did you do that?!?!

Anyways, back to seriousness, I see a couple things here I want to discuss. body mass doesn't have to be a factor in agility and speed, Wolverine can be a pretty fast son of a bitch if he wants to, he can dodge bullets at point blank range, and can move pretty fast when he wants to. with Healing Factor have you seen what Wolverine can last through? He has taken a point blank nuke in the face more than once, and fully healed in seconds! I would think Logan would win in every category you made.

I don't think so. Laura has been proven to be more efficient during her Weapon X testing. She beat Wolverines time by three minutes or so. Also, Wolverine's healing factor is slowed by the admantium in him. Having a full skeleton made of it constantly poisons him. It might not be by much, but Daken, and Laura probably both have the edge on him in that too.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RainEffect
    @BADJEREMIE: @god_spawn: In regards to Daken's fighting ability: The reason I put X-23 above him is that, from a baby, she was raised to be the perfect assassin (a lot of comparisons with Cass Cain I'm noticing). She was effectively meant to be the perfect Weapon X, they looked at all the failures of Wolverine and then corrected them. She fights with much more instinct and skill than Daken does in my opinion. For instance, in her first fight with Wolverine, she stabbed him multiple times, then rubbed dirt into the wounds. Wolverine responded with "I ain't gonna die from an infection" but he then realised that the wounds wouldn't close and they kept bleeding. She's also gone toe-to-toe ( very briefly) with Daken. 

Make no mistake, all three members are incredibly deadly, but as far as sheer skill is concerned, Daken is at the bottom in my opinion.

@mewmdude77 said:

@RainEffect said:

LOL. I only just noticed that. 

By the law of physics, he theoretically should be slower than the other two. He is the largest, oldest and also has a skeleton made of sheer metal. Also, in Spiderman (Back in Black I think it was) Daken was moving as fast/faster than Wolverine (granted, that was Spiderman saying so, and we ALL know how Spidey likes to exaggerate "Sentry can beat Galactus *trollface*").
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@RainEffect: That doesn't make her a better fighter. Like I mentioned Wolverine has always held back on her and I am perfectly aware of what happened in that fight with the dirt. In fact for the most part. he didn't even fight back for the most part and when "he said he will make her listen" there is no reason to think he was going all out or he was jobbing to her. The only thing Laura has done over Wolverine was what you said with the Weapon X test. If Wolverine wanted to put her down, he could have easily. By Wolverine's own admission Daken is better than he is, Wolverine needed the M blade and additional training to beat him. She can fight with all the instinct think she wants but it doesn't change anything,,she was fighting since birth and so was Daken. Daken just has feats over her which makes him a better fighter. Anything Laura can do, Daken can do better.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Hazlenaut

You forgot Wild-Thing or are we not counting possible future which is now another reality.

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mayo88m

@god_spawn said:

@RainEffect: That doesn't make her a better fighter. Like I mentioned Wolverine has always held back on her and I am perfectly aware of what happened in that fight with the dirt. In fact for the most part. he didn't even fight back for the most part and when "he said he will make her listen" there is no reason to think he was going all out or he was jobbing to her. The only thing Laura has done over Wolverine was what you said with the Weapon X test. If Wolverine wanted to put her down, he could have easily. By Wolverine's own admission Daken is better than he is, Wolverine needed the M blade and additional training to beat him. She can fight with all the instinct think she wants but it doesn't change anything,,she was fighting since birth and so was Daken. Daken just has feats over her which makes him a better fighter. Anything Laura can do, Daken can do better.

At the expense of maybe sounding like a fanboy I'm gong to defend Laura again. You covered why you think Wolverine is better in this reply, but omitted Daken and Laura's fight in the Collision story line. They were both pretty evenly matched in the few panels they butted heads in. Not only this, but Laura actually saves Daken during the fight with the mutated children. He is injured in the fight, and Laura pushes him into a room while she finishes the fight because he is too wounded to continue. Just going off this at the very least you can't say that he out does her by a long shot as you said previously. He may have more feats like you say, I personally don't follow him, but this is a depicted confrontation between the two, and I'd say they come out fairly evenly, if not with Laura a little ahead from the battle with the mutations.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mayo88m: I omitted their fight cause it was 4 pages long and then the writers said f it and left it at that and had the rest of the fight off panel. If you want use it as an example then for the parts that were on panel Daken got in more hits not counting the tackle X-23 did when he wasn't looking. The only other evidence we have for the rest of the fight is they are both cut up at the beginning of the next issue. We have no idea how the rest of the fight went, and of course they are both going to be banged up, cause all they do is heal and cut each other. Going by Daken's habits he has more of a penchant to treat a fight as a game and taunt his opponents whereas X-23 takes it seriously. At first Daken was angry but if it turned into recreation for him, he could have let up on her a bit. We don't know if he did or not. He did it in his fight with the Punisher in the beginning but in the end slaughtered him when he got ticked and he did it in his fight Spider-Man when he could've popped his claws on Parker in a few instances but chose not to. In his first encounter with X-23 he taunted her and was making jokes despite all cut up going as far as saying women who think they can fight amuse him. It wasn't until she got back up that it shifted the fight in their favor. In the mentioning of X-23 saving him, I don't consider that feat too much of a game changer between the two. Daken was doubting himself in that fight which I think made him sloppy. The only thing beneficial about it is that he said she was superb. I will admit though, I probably didn't choose my words properly when I said he out skills her by a long shot. The thing is Daken has abilities Laura doesn't and I am not taking into account his pheromones. Laura is good enough and thanks to her healing factor she can last awhile if Daken chose not to use his disappearing ability which he disappears and reappears to his opponents to where they are not looking. It isn't a power but a skill he learned from Romulus. He has done it to Wolverine, Deadpool and even Spider-Man so it would surely work on X-23. If Daken chooses to ignore his skills for the most part and just plays scratch and heal, both him and X-23 will fight for awhile, but I don't see her gaining a huge majority based off of feats. If Daken should choose to use his technique taught by Romulus, he could avoid most if not all hits from Laura and punk her pretty easily.

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mayo88m

@god_spawn: Cool deal, I can accept that. I was only trying to make the point that Laura isn't that very far behind the two men in the family is all, but you seem to agree with that in this last post.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mayo88m: Fair enough. I just didn't agree that Daken falls incredibly short of fighting skills when it is quite the opposite.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By HellionVulcan

sorry but fighting skill wolverine>daken>x-23 as wolverine has over 150 years maybe more years of life hes been in two wars & been trained in nearly every fighting style there is while daken has 60/70 years of fighting expereince in many forms while x-23 has like 15/16 years of training yet u rank daken last wow even thou daken has beaten wolverine in an actual fight while x-23 still has not ..

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RainEffect
    @HellionVulcan: Not quite sure who that was directed to? I agree Wolverine is the most skilled, which is why he's number 1 on the list in that regard.
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By HellionVulcan

@RainEffect: this bit Rating Their Respective Fighting Skills -Versatility and lethality

1. Wolverine - Longest lived and therefore most educated. Has the most versatile moveset.
    2. X-23 - Raised to be a perfect assassin; speaks for itself.
    3. Daken - He falls ridiculously short here. No elite training, just rage and instinct.

no way is daken last when even wolverine has said daken is better than him so has cyber who is a pretty great fighter himself .

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

also speed feat wise daken has dodged bullets at point blank range hes the fastest of them .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.